Next Generation Hardware Speculation with a Technical Spin [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phison E19T is on TSMC 28 nm. What would the custom Sony designed ASICs be on?
Probably 28nm. It's one of TSMC's low cost workhorses now. And not susceptible to 7nm tight supply.

q2-2019-wikichip-tsmc-market-share.png

With more details, they gave this spec sheet to the dev with a 1 GB/s SSD and they give it to dev last quarter 2019. They were knowing they will not use this. Out of teams with devkit I doubt the teams knows the final specs of the two consoles.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/10065...eux-prochaines-xbox-devoilees-a-l-e3-2019.htm

EDIT: And only Xbox Series X(Anaconda) no Lockhart spec sheet for the moment.

EDIT2: And for the Sony fanboy, this is really 12 Tflops RDNA as a target.
This leak looks awfully similar to January 2019 leak on Reddit.

Exactly they give this but with much more details and a presentation to dev without devkit last quarter 2019. I think out of team with devkits, no one has the real spec of the console. Sony and MS try to hide a lot the specs of the consoles.
Well, I can believe that. There is 0 reason to put out elaborative diagrams and specs 2 years before consoles are out. Its not 2004 anymore.

We got PS4 full specs in April 2016 and for XSX I think they didnt have dev kits out until like half a year before release. Pretty sure the reason we got no specs is because very few have them.

Well, I can believe that. There is 0 reason to put out elaborative diagrams and specs 2 years before consoles are out. Its not 2004 anymore.

We got PS4 full specs in April 2016 and for XSX I think they didnt have dev kits out until like half a year before release. Pretty sure the reason we got no specs is because very few have them.

After it is not a problem, the only problem is when you fail to reach the target spec and studios with devkits need to downgrade.

Here the Xbox SSD was beefed up.

Exactly they give this but with much more details and a presentation to dev without devkit last quarter 2019. I think out of team with devkits, no one has the real spec of the console. Sony and MS try to hide a lot the specs of the consoles.
Did they success?

Could be intentional "leak". We see nothing of value considering they already released what the enclosure looks like. And everybody is talking about it so it works.

Perhaps ... But what do they even get out of it? Not that many are talking about it.

They're not even good or interesting pictures. If any single one of us here had physical access to that, you know there would be pics from the top and bottom and all the internals. Maybe it is intentional 'leak', cause it's such a nothing-burger.

Perhaps ... But what do they even get out of it? Not that many are talking about it.

They're not even good or interesting pictures. If any single one of us here had physical access to that, you know there would be pics from the top and bottom and all the internals. Maybe it is intentional 'leak', cause it's such a nothing-burger.
Oh yes that thing would be torn apart before even looking for the right screwdriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back