Next Generation Hardware Speculation with a Technical Spin [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I'd assume it's negligible time. So maybe i get it all wrong, because can't call that "Take full advantage of your CPU cores".
hmmm... maybe just much more probes than i thought.

No. I'd assume it's negligible time. So maybe i get it all wrong, because can't call that "Take full advantage of your CPU cores".
hmmm... maybe just much more probes than i thought.

I was thinking that's one way a cross gen game can utilize the massive 4X CPU overhead on Scarlett. Double the framerate + RT assist.

Yep, maybe. One way to make any sense out of a 12TF machine that has to run the same games as a 1.3TF box.
Guess they need some more ideas than just this :\

Yep, maybe. One way to make any sense out of a 12TF machine that has to run the same games as a 1.3TF box.
Guess they need some more ideas than just this :\

2x framerate. 4x resolution. That's ~8x the power used up at the same graphical settings.

Use the remaining juiced to push the settings to ultra.

Where's my check.

Plus, make AI dumb, randomly select 80% of rigid bodies to become static, just less cars, and keep avoiding area lights because ugly point lights are just fine. Acessability > progress. Who needs new games.
We'll see how this strategy pays out... but maybe it's fine for 2 years.

Plus, make AI dumb, randomly select 80% of rigid bodies to become static, just less cars, and keep avoiding area lights because ugly point lights are just fine. Acessability > progress. Who needs new games.
We'll see how this strategy pays out... but maybe it's fine for 2 years.

Technically just launch window to maybe max a year.

My guess is all games that began development on base consoles, so the designs would still be conservative.

So...it seems Scarlett will have Phison E19 controller as per leaked Linkedin background.

We also got confirmation directly from Phison today, in video linked below, that game consoleS will be using their tech. And...surprise, surprise, they used PS4 render lol

I saw someone posted Phison saying they didnt get any order from Sony the other day, but this seems a bit too coincidental. Imagine Sony having Phison E16 and MS having E19 heh

ssdlwk69.png

They are saving money where they can...

ssdlwk69.png

They are saving money where they can...
I mean I guess it doesn't really matter if there is dram in the SSD if they control the whole memory and disk system. The system's ram would already be a much better cache than what is on the SSD side. The DRAM on SSDs only really help with writes anyways and thats not likely a bottleneck.

So...it seems Scarlett will have Phison E19 controller as per leaked Linkedin background.

We also got confirmation directly from Phison today, in video linked below, that game consoleS will be using their tech. And...surprise, surprise, they used PS4 render lol

I saw someone posted Phison saying they didnt get any order from Sony the other day, but this seems a bit too coincidental. Imagine Sony having Phison E16 and MS having E19 heh

E16 is 5GB/s
E19 is less. It lacks dram and is cheaper.

What ? No Dram cache with their SSD ?
Dram-less means software defined storage.

From what I read the dram is needed for the flash translation table (gigantic for 4k sectors), and for partial block writes. You don't need much if the host is responsible for all of this. So a really inexpensive 7GB/s controller.

Last edited:
Four lanes of PCI-Express 4 would mean raw bandwidth upto 8 GB/s.

Layer compression on-top of that for theoretical higher bandwidth throughput numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back