Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. I did miss that statement. But does this mean the same thing for Cerny than for Microsoft ? I believe Cerny also added that there are no "software tricks".
It's the same thing.

The reason he was questioned on it was because PS5 slides say "Hardware Based Ray Tracing". The industry standard for dedicated silicon is 'Hardware Accelerated'.
Hardware based is not standard, so he went to clarify it.

MS has not needed to issue a statement because I don't believe any credible journalists following XSX have found issues with their messaging at all.

Now, I don't need to remind people that Github leak, official AMD testing data that leaked last month, contained SOC named Oberon. This chip contained BC1 and BC2 modes of hardware configuration matching PS4 and PS4 Pro "to a T", as well as 256bit bus in native configuration. We know Oberon is character from Shakespears Midsummers Night Dream. We know Flute, benchmark posted above containing iGPU with PCI ID 13F9 (Oberon A0), is codenamed after Shakespears character from Midsummers Night Dream - Francis Flute. We know PS5s "V" dev kit is codenamed Prospero, another character from Shakespears play.
That brings me back to my earlier question yesterday in this thread about Arden that is associated with XSX by speculators supposedly because of the CU count. Arden is the maiden name of Shakespeare's mother and the name of the complete works of Shakespeare. If you include Prospero there, it is a Sony code name, not AMD. Why did Sony choose to share their code name glossary with Microsoft?

I agree, and you are right, I just think even in baseless thread on B3D people should not insinuate other people are biased fanboys because legit, hard data is taken at face value vs random 3214th rumor posted today on GAF/Reddit.
Indeed, on B3D no-one should be insinuated as a biased fanboy ever. Someone's opinions may indeed come from a very biased position, but it's the ideas that we talk about and not where they come from.

Rare threads like this will go somewhat into personalities when trying to discern validity of a source, but that's always external characters such as website allegiances.

That brings me back to my earlier question yesterday in this thread about Arden that is associated with XSX by speculators supposedly because of the CU count. Arden is the maiden name of Shakespeare's mother and the name of the complete works of Shakespeare. If you include Prospero there, it is a Sony code name, not AMD. Why did Sony choose to share their code name glossary with Microsoft?
Its not because CU count, its because BC0 mode contains 4RBs (16ROPs) and besides Xbox One, no other console had 16ROPs. Also because Arden, as someone has already mentioned, is small town in Arkansas, as is Sparkman (which contains same BC0 mode).

CU count is only indicated by theoretical value, as is 320bit bus (which matches Scarlett video reveal).

Its not because CU count, its because BC0 mode contains 4RBs (16ROPs) and besides Xbox One, no other console had 16ROPs. Also because Arden, as someone has already mentioned, is small town in Arkansas, as is Sparkman (which contains same BC0 mode).

CU count is only indicated by theoretical value, as is 320bit bus (which matches Scarlett video reveal).
I don't think the name of the town in the States predates the original Arden in the UK.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arden,_Warwickshire
Robert Catesby, leader of the Gunpowder Plot of 1605, was a native of Lapworth, a village in Arden. It is believed that many local families had resisted the Reformation and retained Catholic sympathies, possibly including the family of Shakespeare, whose paternal ancestors were from Temple Balsall.

Thorkell of Arden, a descendant of the ruling family of Mercia, was one of the few major English landowners who retained extensive properties after the Norman conquest, and his progeny, the Arden family, remained prominent in the area for centuries. Mary Arden, mother of William Shakespeare, was a member.

Coincidence? Or did Shakespeare have insider info when he was naming his characters? :neutral:
There is no character named Arden in Shakespear works :p

I don't think the name of the town in the States predates the original Arden in the UK.
Well, of course it doesn't, that is not what I am saying.

There are 3 semi custom SOCs leaked in Github document. Oberon, Arden and Sparkman.

Oberon matches PS4 and PS4 Pro BC configuration (that means, clocks, BW and CUs). Oberon regression test contains tidbit such as :

confirmed with SIE, remove external/amd/lib/gfx10_a and external/amd/lib/gfx10_b/cmodel

Arden and Sparkman match Xbox One and XBX BC configuration. Both of these have same blocks and block owners, and coincidentally both of them are small towns in same US state - Arkansas. MS has a history of town/city based codenames, probably half of their codenames across all products come from towns.

Its a stupid thread tbh.

You have cheerleaders of one brand holding "2.1=5 > 2" posts from a role playing insider to be of same credibility as actual AMD internal testing leaked data which was deleted from Github and twitter, or things like Flute benchmark that were as well deleted the very next day they were leaked.
The deletion of a post in no way lends credibility to it.

A manufacturer would want false information about their products removed as well as actual leaks.

His point is valid as long as it predates Xsx.

Arden and Sparkman match Xbox One and XBX BC configuration. Both of these have same blocks and block owners, and coincidentally both of them are small towns in same US state - Arkansas. MS has a history of town/city based codenames, probably half of their codenames across all products come from towns.

Durango
Yukon

The deletion of a post in no way lends credibility to it.

A manufacturer would want false information about their products removed as well as actual leaks.
Of course, but the point is - data comes from actual manufacturer. It is removed because its sensitive internal info, even if outdated. Its still best we have, by far.

The Xsx diagram and the 2nd PS5 diagram is in conflict with the Github info. It's great work outside of that.
For XSX its 2CUs too much that were deactivated. For PS5, it doesn't have to be it. While Github does point to 36CU part, there is a chance its actually 36+ and BC1/BC2 as well as Native show different picture by deactivating CUs to 36.

To me this really well made images just confirm the leaks... I think Sony is pushing their silicon to the limit that is 40CU@2.0 ghz=10.2 TF ... probably they wanted to be 36@1.8 ghz but MS surprised them with stronger silicon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back