Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin Moriarty mentioned this in his podcast on December 6th 2019 that PS5 devkit is very powerful.
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2020/01/20/joe-biden-video-games-president-little-creeps/
Not sure if 9 TF would be quite powerful to him but then again maybe anything more powerful than the 1X could be deemed as such.

Do you think a 2070 Super - 2080 level GPU is very powerful? I think it is.

Also remember that most games will be reconstructed 4k next gen. Games are running at 100+ fps on RTX 2080 at 1440p.

Do you think a 2070 Super - 2080 level GPU is very powerful? I think it is.

Also remember that most games will be reconstructed 4k next gen. Games are running at 100+ fps on RTX 2080 at 1440p.
2070 not really, 2080 sure is and 9 TF is pretty damn far from 2080. Mind blowing next gen game may run at 30 fps at 1440p on a 2080.

The github repository had BC testing done for Arden in two modes, one mode had the clockspeed of the original Xbox One (or maybe the S, forget which) and one had the One X clocks.
Interesting. But do the underlying hardware for both Xbox One and XSX behave in the same way even though they are very different architecure-wise?

2070 not really, 2080 sure is and 9 TF is pretty damn far from 2080. Mind blowing next gen game may run at 30 fps at 1440p on a 2080.
The devs would have a rational comparison to their experience with the previous gen launching with 1.2/1.8 TF and 8 jaguars in 2013. That was definitely not powerful compared to the flagship available at the time. The equivalent of a 5700xt and 8 zen2 in 2020 would be very powerful from that perspective.

The devs would have a rational comparison to their experience with the previous gen launching with 1.2/1.8 TF and 8 jaguars in 2013. That was definitely not powerful compared to the flagship available at the time. The equivalent of a 5700xt and 8 zen2 in 2020 would be very powerful from that perspective.
Maybe, I guess even a house cat would be a monster compared to a canary.

Exactly this. The comparisons to nvidia hw are off anyway. A 2070 vanilla will be ballpark ps5 gpu. 5700xt is almost 10TF.

The github repository had BC testing done for Arden in two modes, one mode had the clockspeed of the original Xbox One (or maybe the S, forget which) and one had the One X clocks.

Actually I don't think the BC tests for Xb1s / Xb1x had clock speeds. I am pretty sure the Xb1x BC for XB1 run at full clock. Let me double check the test results.

EDIT: I don't see clock speeds references in Arden and Sparkman gen0/gen1 tabs.

Before the Github leak i would have entertained such a though for Xsx having no hw rt.
We're getting into flat earth territory after the Github leak. The RT tests for Arden lines up with the patent for hybrid RT from AMD.

eOisryjCEReidYTS.jpg
That's probably RDNA2, right ? Because if RDNA1 had such a thing (fixed function acceleration) we'd already know.

Until proven otherwise XSX isn't using RDNA2 and is most probably using RDNA1. Did MS state that XSX is RDNA2 ? And BTW RDNA2 will be on 7nm EUV node according to AMD. And we know at like 99% that XSX isn't using 7nm+ node because of the 380-400mm² die size fitting very well with 56CUs + Zen 2 at 7nm DUV.

Speaking of the github files, would anyone be able to determine which sections mentioned ray tracing or the bvh64 scenario. I'm curious as to the timing of it.
Can it be determined how long ago those were added at this point, or the file create times and last-saved of those entrants?
Judging by config files, these seem to be added in May/June for Arden. Oberon A0 regression tests date from March 28 for first blocks to June.

Actually I don't think the BC tests for Xb1s / Xb1x had clock speeds. I am pretty sure the Xb1x BC for XB1 run at full clock. Let me double check the test results.

EDIT: I don't see clock speeds references in Arden and Sparkman gen0/gen1 tabs.

So, CU counts, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back