Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There no proof that Flute has something to to with the Ps5 Apu . I really dont understand why people discussion here ever and ever the same random, nonsense Stuff from the Internet. Gifhub Leak based also on a complete unproofed rumors and its outdated . Also these rubbish Insiders they permanently says that no Game Developner has seen Devkits from Xbox Scarlett and Ps5 and nobody knows the target Specs. Sure , Nextgen Consoles launched in Dec. this year 3 -4 Months before they are going into Production, so around July the final Hardware must be set, and nobody know nothing?? So on wich Baseground are running the Gamedevelopment if MS and Sony keep all information into a deep secrecy that no Dev gat a clue about Target Specs?
Yea...it absolutely has nothing to do with PS5. Nothing at all...

Flute : 100-000000004-15_32/12/18_13F9

Oberon A0 13F9

EN4CPe_VAAAUhhl.jpg

People who are discussing here are discussing leaks. If you are not interested in it, you can wait official reveal.

Before the Github leak i would have entertained such a though for Xsx having no hw rt.
We're getting into flat earth territory after the Github leak. The RT tests for Arden lines up with the patent for hybrid RT from AMD.

eOisryjCEReidYTS.jpg
This patent pretty much settles in the first line that it is a hardware based approach

Leave it up to a Brit to make a tea sipping reference.

Speaking on the possibility of DXR software only RT on Xsx:

z8v3mLi_d.jpg

Arden has hybrid BVH RT from RDNA2 in the GLX block.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ne...-see-staff-post.159131/page-385#post-27819562

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ne...ark-tower-see-staff-post.159131/post-27819622

3delillante or Joel can add much more on this topic.

GLX does seem to refer to a set of operations that interact with memory without engaging functionality like the texture hardware.
I think there was a small naming correlation for one case involving bvh64, which is a term that showed up in an LLVM commit related to different versions of GFX10 last June.
One wrinkle is that the reference seemed to categorize the BVH instructions under the image instruction type, which could give the impression of a closer association with the texture block.

The references in the attached selection are sparse on details.
Being a GLX case would be consistent with being primarily attached to the memory domain while not needing to involve texture hardware, the LLVM instruction name notwithstanding.
The theoretical values seemed to be missing context as to the meaning of their units, but might have implied the peak throughput of functionality pulling from the cache data path.

I think that's the case, both said Hardware RT. All reports state RT in hardware. However, I can't find the source.
Official specs from microsoft:
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/12/12/microsoft-unveils-xbox-series-x/
"custom RDNA"
"Zen 2"
"hardware accelerated ray tracing"
"our next-generation SSD will virtually eliminate load times"

Sony's official interview about the ps5:
https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/
https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-playstation-5/
"custom variant of Navi"
"Zen 2"
"hardware-based ray tracing" (exact wording from CES)
"There is ray-tracing acceleration in the GPU hardware" (Cerny's wording)
"devkit is a low speed version" of the ssd, live presentation was 0.8s instead of 15s
“The raw read speed is important but so are the details of the I/O mechanisms and the software stack that we put on top of them"

I'm so off topic right now, this is the opposite of baseless rumors

Last edited:
There no proof that Flute has something to to with the Ps5 Apu . I really dont understand why people discussion here ever and ever the same random, nonsense Stuff from the Internet. Gifhub Leak based also on a complete unproofed rumors and its outdated . Also these rubbish Insiders they permanently says that no Game Developner has seen Devkits from Xbox Scarlett and Ps5 and nobody knows the target Specs. Sure , Nextgen Consoles launched in Dec. this year 3 -4 Months before they are going into Production, so around July the final Hardware must be set, and nobody knows nothing?? So on wich Baseground are running the Gamedevelopment if MS and Sony keep all information into a deep secrecy that no Dev have a clue about Target Specs?

giphy.gif

Cause people who work at development places are prone to use 4Chan ? Or is that from 8Chan ?

It's probably harder to track a 4chan user than a regular vbulletin one.

I just went back to January 2017 DF article referrencing 2016 E3 whitepaper from XBX.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...ace-to-4k-how-scorpio-targets-ultra-hd-gaming

Whats interesting, it mainly refers to scaling Xbox One games to PC and Scorpio, and for Scorpio it gives relatively scarce details.

There are other clues as to Scorpio's final hardware set-up within the whitepaper. The six teraflop GPU is once again confirmed, with the GPU's compute power rated at around 4.5 times the capabilities of Xbox One. Four times more L2 cache is also confirmed - a new detail that does not tell us that much, except that that the GPU architecture in Scorpio is at least as modern as AMD's Polaris line. Based on our discussions with Mark Cerny on PS4 Pro, we can reasonably assume that Microsoft can customise its GPU core just as Sony did, with access to Radeon roadmap features up to - and perhaps beyond - AMD's upcoming Vega architecture. Microsoft gives away little here, other than to confirm that delta colour compression (DCC) is a part of the Scorpio GPU feature set, just as it is in PS4 Pro.

It's the application of Scorpio's power that is the focus of Microsoft's whitepaper, and other hints about the hardware make-up of the console are few and far between. In the wake of CES, there is renewed speculation that Scorpio may feature more advanced Zen CPU cores. However, a throwaway comment within the Microsoft whitepaper on how developers may wish to use Scorpio's capabilities again makes this seem unlikely.

Seems to me that giving exact info to developers that far of (+18 months) is being less and less of a requirement. Tools and engines have gotten so scalable, and console hardware is at most extension of current gen PC hardware, that giving system diagrams (ala 360) makes little sense.

Situation was even more "extreme" with PS4Pro and having legit documentation leaking only 5 months before system was out, and specs in March.

I can see not many 3rd party studios having exact specs yet, if anyone. But I can see it leaking at GDC if nothing happens till then...

Another entertaining leak:

from reddit:

The event:

-The event will be held at the Sony hall theatre on the 12th of February. Expect a short teaser to come out in the next two weeks.

-The press already knows about it and they will be able to test games and write articles. There will be a lot of news and iterviews with key figures like Mark Cerny and Hermen Hulst.

-The event will be presented by Geoff Keighley and it will be a very big show. After all you have to consider that Sony has been quiet for quite sometime now.

-Sony's strategy has been that not to reveal everything in one shot. Things like price, launch date and shape of the console will still be unknown after the PS meeting.

Specs:

-CPU: 8 core/16 threads at 3.6 ghz based on a Zen 2 architecture

-GPU: "Big Navi"/RDNA1 based with some features from RDNA2 like RT and VRS, 12.2 TF at 1.8 ghz

-Memory: 18GB DDR6 at 576gb/s and 4gb of DDR4 for the OS (Sorry HBM believers)

-1 TB SSD. The SSD is a proprietary solution similar to a cartridge and you will be able to purchase them separately in a way similar to an old memory card from the PS2 era(1tb, 2tb and 3 tb variants). It is very fast: 5gb/s

-It has a separate RT core just for the audio, this is something that Cerny and the audio people at Sony (Audiokinetic) insisted on. A new headphones will be made from Sony, specifically designed for the ray traced audio in PS5 games.

-Overall, the PS5 is a much more balanced machine than the PS4 pro. This is much more important than just brute force as devs will be able squeeze much much more from the hardware.

Games:

-First game announced for the PS5 will be from Bluepoint, Demon's Souls.

The trailer will start with a dragon flying through the ruins of an ancient city before landing on a bridge destroying part of it, the camera will then move to a character in a knight armor. The dragon will spit fire at the knight that will be parrying it with his shield.

The trailer ends with a voice saying "The old one is calling for thee" revealing the Demon's souls logo, available at launch.

Very impressive tech on showcase:, RT reflection all over the knight's armor

-Ubisoft will announce their new AC title, Assasin's Creed: Kingdom. As you already know it is set in northern europe with historical and mythological elements. The trailer is not really a trailer but a long gameplay (10+ mins).

The game focuses on being a better RPG than its predecessors with multiple endings and more meaningful choices for better roleplay. Immersion is also a big focus, Ubisoft has created a believable world based on the kingdom of Ragnar Sigurdsson (better known as Lothbrok) as king of Denmark.

NPCs have realistic routines and behaviours based on multiple situations they can be found in (finding shelter from the rain, fleeing their village after a raid from enemy soldiers are some examples).

All animations have been enhanced. Now the main character (male or female like in Odyssey) moves differently based on the enviroments they are in. Animations are really similar to something you can find in a ND game with the character touching the wall at their side if they get to close it or struggling to walk through snow or mud.

As many other games, AC:Kingdom will use the haptic triggers to simulate the action of pulling the rope of a bow or swinging an heavy weapon.

There are levels, but they are handled like in Skyrim or Kingdom come where you don't require a certain level to enter an area or fight a boss. Here you can access the whole world from the start and fight all the enemies, of course it will be very hard because your character will be very unexperienced and at first they will handle certain weapons with struggle, it will get better the more they use them.

I got mentioned something about ray tracing being used to eliminate clipping of the various clothes on the character's bodies, but I don't know anything other than it may be a thing on the next gen versions of the game.

Available at launch, but after the current gen versions.

-Gran Turismo 7 will be announced featuring full VR and RT support, native 4k and 60 fps. It will be a technical showcase for the console. Available at launch.

It features a single player carreer like the old GT games and a multiplayer mode similar to the sport mode in GT sport. The partnership with the FIA continues and the one with Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes becomes even stronger (Lewis and the Mercedes brand are on the cover of the game and a big part of the single player carreer).

-New R&C game announced from Insomniac. Full RT support and sequel to the remake, but part of a new trilogy. Semi-open world with pilotable ships. It looks even more like a Pixar movie, this time on a way bigger scale. Available in 2021

-Capcom will show a demo of their updated RE engine and announce Dragon's Dogma 2 exclusively on the PS5. Deep Down was not all to waste and Capcom wisely decided to build upon it and create this new DD. It's a really impressive game technically. Full open world with fights and monsters similar to a Monster Hunter game. It will run at 60 fps on PS5.

It's unclear if the exclusivity deal has a limit or not. I'm willing to bet it will come out on Xbox Series X/S after a while

-Shuhei Yoshida will showcase lots of indies coming to PS4 and PS5 as part of the new "PS
2764.png
Indies" intiative at SIE. Games such as: Sky:children of the light, Inaka project, a new game from Jonathan Blow, Lost Soul aside and the new game from Ken Levine studio (not really an indie, but it will still be present in this short segment).

-TLOU: Factions will be revealed, coming to PS4, PS5 and PC these holidays. It is a multiplayer only title made to replace the "Factions" mode of the original TLOU. It features an open world similar to games like DayZ, but with the love and care that you can expect expect from a team like ND.

It will feature: different seasons like Forza Horizon 4 (each will come with its pros and cons), clan support, a battle pass, a fully destructible map, lots of depth for roleplay (players will be able to cover various roles in their games: doctors, bounty hunters, traders, mercenaries for the various groups of players, soldiers ecc.), the players will be able to build camps and even "addomesticate" clickers and runners. 4k/60 with RT audio on PS5 and 1080 30 on PS4/pro. Cross play is being experimented (the difference in framerate may be an issue).

-Sony reveals a new team based in San Diego and their new game, Uncharted. A sequel to U4, but with different characters and a few cameos from the old games. Just a teaser will be shown featuring exotic locations from all around the world and glimpses at veichles both aerial and terrestrial. No release date given.

-Activision announces Crash Bandicoot:worlds on PS4 and PS5 for then end of the year (think Mario galaxy, but with Crash Bandiccot) and confirms that COD will be back at the end of the year on PS5 and in partnership with PS once again.

-Square Enix shows an impressive tech demo of a new version of the luminous engine featuring RT shadows, reflections and lighting along with 4k textures and realistic facial animations. Very reminiscent of the aestethic you can find in a FF game, but no real announcement is made (for now).

-Guerilla announces Killzone: Breach. A mp only title for PS5 and PC. The influence from games like R6 can be seen a lot during the trailer. Full destructible enviroment and a "War" mode that features up to 80 players in a fully destructible arena (Remember that first Crackdown 3 demo?). Available at launch.

-Mark Cerny announces full backwards compatibility with PS4/3/2/1/VR and that PS Vita and PSP are in the works. The PS4/2/1 whole lineup will be fully compatible from launch. As for PS3 games, they will be made compatible regularly by Sony in a way similar to how Xbox already does it on Xbox One with 360 games. All the games will receive technical enhancments like 4k resolution, better AA and 60 fps. Demos for TLOU 2, RDR1, Jak 2 and the original GT are shown briefly.

-Last announcement will be a small teaser with in-game graphics of Horizon 2. The teaser shows an older Aloy meditating on the top of a Mountain before being attacked by a huge machine and hijacking a thunderbird in order to ride it and fly around the huge machine to fight it. 2021

-Please note that all games that I've listed are exclusive to the PS5 unless I've said otherwise.

-Don't expect any PSVR2 news. VR will be mentioned as you can see, but it is still a bit early for PSVR2.

Speaking of the github files, would anyone be able to determine which sections mentioned ray tracing or the bvh64 scenario. I'm curious as to the timing of it.
Can it be determined how long ago those were added at this point, or the file create times and last-saved of those entrants?

Where should I look to get the confirmation that Arden is XSX?
This is the closest piece of journalism we have to it. Which is basically a recap of it all going down on Twitter and Resetera without the low signal to noise ratio.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...laystation-5-xbox-series-x-spec-leak-analysed

I haven't personally heard anything on the chip specs. The studios I know have them locked in special NDA based rooms. Only people working on those projects go in there and out with their regular desk in the more public environment. Passcards etc. Would be very difficult for someone to sneak information out without the rest of the team figuring out who the leaker would be. Most of the other leaks, I'm not sure which studios are pumping, I suspect probably not the major AAA studios - they have the funding and real estate which leads to natural guards against leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back