CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

I had forget Holly Bennett had moved from PlayStation to CD Project Red UK a few months back! She is a huge Witcher and RPG fan so not surprising.

Interesting video and Q&A. I think I'm also going stealth archer netrunner for my first playthrough but the guns/fists blazing also looks a lot of fun subject to that combat actually feeling satisfying. Although I almost never play it, I'd be interested to see if their is a build predicated on winning using your charm / influence / negotiation skills as well.

Holly asks early on, what keeps players returning to a certain district and this is an insightful question given that the locales in many RPGs often have no reason for being other than quests take you there but once you're done with those quests there is no reason to return. The dev doesn't really answer this but I hope that there is purpose, and a reason to re-visit, the different districts in Night City. Presumably V will establish a network of contacts around the city but with technology some prevalent there is presumably less reason to need to physically interact with people rather than other forms of communication.

Interesting video and Q&A. I think I'm also going stealth archer netrunner for my first playthrough but the guns/fists blazing also looks a lot of fun subject to that combat actually feeling satisfying. Although I almost never play it, I'd be interested to see if their is a build predicated on winning using your charm / influence / negotiation skills as well.

I imagine there will be, that was a key aspect of the PnP Cyberpunk 2077 system. And considering the creator of Cyberpunk 2077 is not only working closely with CDPR on the game, but is enthusiastic about how it is coming along, I think it'll be there.

Corporate would be the natural starter for that path, but I'd imagine you could go into it from any of the starter backgrounds as they mentioned you can build your character however you want regardless of what starter background you chose.

I just Pre-Ordered the game yesterday. I pretty much never pre-order something months in advance, but I'm so hyped after seeing the deep dive yesterday that I already know I'm going to play it the day it comes out. I'm going to make sure there is nothing in real life that'll be able to impinge on my Cyberpunk 2077 time for at least a couple weeks if not more after it launches. :p

Regards,
SB

I just Pre-Ordered the game yesterday. I pretty much never pre-order something months in advance, but I'm so hyped after seeing the deep dive yesterday that I already know I'm going to play it the day it comes out. I'm going to make sure there is nothing in real life that'll be able to impinge on my Cyberpunk 2077 time for at least a couple weeks if not more after it launches. :p

Same, I'll probably book some leave around launch time for Cyberpunk. I've not pre-ordered yet because both Witcher 2 and Witcher III were delayed and I'd genuinely prefer to play on a PS5 if this fast-loading tech delivers along with instant sleep/resume, otherwise it'll be PC.

Same, I'll probably book some leave around launch time for Cyberpunk. I've not pre-ordered yet because both Witcher 2 and Witcher III were delayed and I'd genuinely prefer to play on a PS5 if this fast-loading tech delivers along with instant sleep/resume, otherwise it'll be PC.

Yeah, I'm super curious about the storage subsystems on the next gen consoles. It's really the only thing about them that has me excited.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, I'm super curious about the storage subsystems on the next gen consoles. It's really the only thing about them that has me excited.

Witcher III has long load times on my 32Gb, Geforce 2080, M.2 SSD PC so I'm expecting similar for Cyberpunk. If PS5 has faster loads along with suspend/resume, I will buy more games on console again. I love that dip in and out experience of consoles.

If Sony's and Microsoft's SSD solutions are what they claim to be (e.g., no load times, instant resume, etc.), then gaming on my PC would be less attractive or less ideal for huge open-world games. Even sitting on an NVMe drives in raid configuration, games like GTA V, WatchDogs, The Witcher 3, MG: The Phantom Pain, and especially Wildlands can average 3-5 minute start times and 2-3 minute story transitioning times (essentially asset loading).

I love PC gaming to death... but the load-times are becoming more problematic with larger and larger worlds.

Won't the devs probably gonna optimize their games to stream better for console, thus allowing PC to also get the benefit?

Won't the devs probably gonna optimize their games to stream better for console, thus allowing PC to also get the benefit?

Without know how the solid state storage solutions work in nextgen consoles it's difficult to say. The new consoles will likely be able to load data from SSD into main RAM (for CPU and GPU) really quick, there are still a bunch of bottlenecks limiting this on PC.

Should delay until Spring 2021 and target nextgen only.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :runaway:

September huh, so I'm definitely not buying this until PS5.
My September and October are already crazy busy.

On the plus side, bring my week of leave forward a week and enjoy FF VII. :mrgreen::yes::mrgreen::yes::mrgreen::yes::mrgreen::yes:

Super disappointed about the delay, it was going to be PC for me but now might have to wait for PS5 one.:yep2:

No real need to explicitly target next-gen consoles since they should both include BC; if they have a dynamic scaled engine then graphics and image quality will improve on next-gen as well. It just won't make explicit use of RT until remastered or patched.

Last edited by a moderator:
CDRed boss has noted that they are only making PS4/Xbone/PC version now.
https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-ps5-xbox-series-x-not-planned/

Most likely they will repeat GTAV tactic, with more ambitious nextgen port a year after the release.

I wonder if they will do like they did with The Witcher 1 and 2 and release a grapically upgraded version with an updated engine for free to existing owners. Or have they been corrupted by the console world where you charge existing owners for upgraded graphics and engine?

Or they do it like Bioshock series. Give the update for free to PC owners and charge console owners for the update?

Hopefully current day CDPR are the same as before and all owners on all platforms get the upgrade for free.

Regards,
SB

I wonder if they will do like they did with The Witcher 1 and 2 and release a grapically upgraded version with an updated engine for free to existing owners. Or have they been corrupted by the console world where you charge existing owners for upgraded graphics and engine?

Which CDPR said they wouldn't do - it did take a while though. It would be astonishing if a game now releasing possibly a month-or-two, possibly just weeks, before PS5 and XSX launch, will not take advantage of those new consoles's features.

I do wonder if part of this picture is missing, like the PS4 and XBO versions being able to take advantage of next gen console features without specific PS5/XSX versions being necessary. If not, I can't help but feel CDPR have screwed the pooch here. I don't even know what this means but I wanted use the phrase so I could cross it off my bucket list.:yep2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Which CDPR said they wouldn't do - it did take a while though. It would be astonishing if a game now releasing possibly a month-or-two, possibly just weeks, before PS5 and XSX launch, will not take advantage of those new consoles's features.

I do wonder if part of this picture is missing, like the PS4 and XBO versions being able to take advantage of next gen console features without specific PS5/XSX versions being necessary. If not, I can't help but feel CDPR have screwed the pooch here. I don't even know what this means but I wanted use the phrase so I could cross it off my bucket list.:yep2:

And going by that. Cyberpunk 2077 is going to release on PC, which is obviously going to be significantly better than the PS4/XBO release. So there's little reason to think that CDPR wouldn't take advantage of the next gen consoles.

Upgrades in The Witcher 1 and 2 were done for the team to stay up to date with changes in technology as they happened such that they could leverage those features in future games.

Going from the current generation to the next generation is the closest we'll see to something like that on console. PS4-P just basically gave more of the same with features that most 3rd party developers didn't care to use because the PS4-P represented such a small slice of the multi-platform gaming space.

Hence, I could certainly see them doing something similar with an engine update for PC/PS5/XBSX like they did with The Witcher 1 and 2. Assets will large remain the same, but I could see more advanced rendering features (RT being one specific example) coming via an updated engine for free to existing owners. After all, it'll likely be the same engine as they'll use for their next game. And what better way to get everyone familiar with it (artists, coders, etc.) as well as working out any bugs than by updating and existing game with those changes?

Granted the games CDPR are now making are more ambitious, so there's the possibility that they just can't afford to do it, but I could certainly see a situation where they would see it as being advantageous to do it.

Regards,
SB

Should be pretty simple to take advantage of next gen consoles, just use high settings from PC version that would be good enough for a launch game.

If I was Sony or Microsoft I would be very active in maybe getting a short exclusivity deal just for the launch window.

Back