Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree like Klee, difference is that VFX_veteran is starting to have a track record.

Got HZD to PC correct in December,
Got the 2077 delay,
9TF PS5? TBD.

2077 delay is hardly surprising for such a complex game and new consoles to cater for.

I also think releasing an exclusive like HZD on PC might gain some PS5 buyers when the sequel is announced.

The GitHub info was posted for a long time though, not hard to imagine someone referencing it to make prediction before it was mainstream.

AFAIK the Github project was uploaded in June / July 2019, based on what I remember of the commit logs. VFX_Veteran's 9TF post was from May 2019.

Last edited:
AFAIK the Github project was uploaded in June / July 2019, based on what I remember of the commit logs. VFX_Veteran's 9TF post was from May 2019.
He said PS5 9TF is around 1080 performance while XsX is around 1080 ti and that's a big lie which shows he doesn't know what he's talking about. 9TF RDNA is way faster than a 1080.
Also the implication of a 9TF PS5 in accordance to that Github leak would mean a 2ghz PS5 which is utterly absurd. I'd believe him more if he claimed a 8TF figure which should be within the realm of thermal believability.

He said PS5 9TF is around 1080 performance while XsX is around 1080 ti and that's a big lie which shows he doesn't know what he's talking about. 9TF RDNA is way faster than a 1080.

Ironic enough, when he first said 9TF (around 1080), people on Era didn't believe him because there is no way a 9TF AMD GPU would come close to 1080. :LOL:

Also the implication of a 9TF PS5 in accordance to that Github leak would mean a 2ghz PS5 which is utterly absurd. I'd believe him more if he claimed a 8TF figure which should be within the realm of thermal believability.
Either you believe the github leak which is 9.2TF, or you don't believe it and can speculate anything else.

I haven't seen it, only some people are talking about it and I worry about interpretations and context being completely missing.

Ironic enough, when he first said 9TF (around 1080), people on Era didn't believe him because there is no way a 9TF AMD GPU would come close to 1080. :LOL:
So many insiders contradict to one another despite they all have some good record and it's darn near impossible to stick to one now:nope:. Basically it's down to Klee, Jason, Matt, Reiner and Osiris vs you and VFX in the main camps, why are you guys making the world such a difficult place to live in :LOL:?

Last edited:
Either you believe the github leak which is 9.2TF, or you don't believe it and can speculate anything else.

I haven't seen it, only some people are talking about it and I worry about interpretations and context being completely missing.
Agreed, Matt the forum mod also seems to disregard this Github data as it does not fully representing what the retail unit would be like but it doesn't stop a truckload of xbox fans clinging onto it like the golden ticket:). The reveal needs to be here like yesterday.

So many insiders contradict to one another despite they all have some good record and it's darn near impossible to stick to one now:nope:. Basically it's down to Klee, Jason, Matt, Reiner and Osiris vs you and VFX in the main camps, why are you guys making the world such a difficult place to live in :LOL:?

I don't think Jason and Matt has said anything that contradicts me and VFX.

To be honest, I don't have trust in VFX either. His sources just happened to be right this past year.

I don't think Jason and Matt has said anything that contradicts me and VFX.

To be honest, I don't have trust in VFX either. His sources just happened to be right this past year.
Jason said on his latest podcast that both consoles are > 2080 and very close in power, now 9 vs 12 is anything but. Matt totally disregarded the Github data which is what you're clinging onto is it not?

Jason said on his latest podcast that both consoles are > 2080 and very close in power, now 9 vs 12 is anything but. Matt totally disregarded the Github data which is what you're clinging onto is it not?

I said PS5 is 2080 level back in November. If you look at 2080 vs 2080 TI benchmarks, the 2080TI is ahead in most games by 15-20%. That's 1800p vs 4k. That's very close by console standards.

I also knew about 36CUs 2ghz before the GitHub leak since late October.

And no, Matt didn't disregard the GitHub leak. His post is very vague. Could be interpreted multiple ways.

Btw are you in the wagers thread?

Last edited:
Paul from redgamingtech is more connected with PC hardware people than consoles people, but he said recently one of his contacts at a AAA studio told him ps5 is "faster", and didn't want to specify in which aspect when pressed.

So Paul said he suspect it's faster in some aspect and not others which will make comparisons complicated. It would explain why many journalists are getting different comparatives from their own contacts. Maybe xbsx is faster in TF and ps5 is faster in... I don't know... Ssd speed? RT? Cpu? The fan rpm?

Usually the closer we get to unveiling the more the journalists start getting corroborations and all converge to the same ballpark. We're not really seeing this, maybe related to the multi SKU, or the cloud hardware, or some conspiracy from the shape shifting lizard race.

I said PS5 is 2080 level back in November. If you look at 2080 vs 2080 TI benchmarks, the 2080TI is ahead in most games by 15-20%. That's 1800p vs 4k. That's very close by console standards.

I also knew about 36CUs 2ghz before the GitHub leak since late October.

And no, Matt didn't disregard the GitHub leak. His post is very vague. Could be interpreted multiple ways.

Btw are you in the wagers thread?
But 9TF Navi ain't no 2080 either :), in fact 2080 is about 12-15% faster than a 9.75 TF 5700 xt. 2080 ti is more like 25-30% faster than a 2080 on average.
Matt's quote
I'm glad to see we've moved pass thinking the Github leak was confirmation of anything.
So it implies the github leak is not confirmation of PS5 specs.

Paul from redgamingtech is more connected with PC hardware people than consoles people, but he said recently one of his contacts at a AAA studio told him ps5 is "faster", and didn't want to specify in which aspect when pressed.

So Paul said he suspect it's faster in some aspect and not others which will make comparisons complicated. It would explain why many journalists are getting different comparatives from their own contacts. Maybe xbsx is faster in TF and ps5 is faster in... I don't know... Ssd speed?

Usually the closer we get to unveiling the more the journalists start getting corroborations and all converge to the same ballpark. We're not really seeing this, maybe related to the multi SKU, or the cloud hardware, or some conspiracy from the shape shifting lizard race.

Because it's really early. January 16th. It's almost a year til the next gen releases. It's 5 months until e3. Those are huge amounts of time. The writing still seems to be on the wall, though. Another thing I think there is a large amount of denial going on among some in the media or those you expect to be converging. They might not be all that interested in reporting or digging about some things. One sees this everyday in politics reporting.

But yeah, mainly, it's January. Stuff will leak out but it needs to be like, August, September, or even later before final dev kits are just everywhere. But I mean most likely we've got the February Sony event, so that will be great, assuming they reveal any hard specs.

I saw one of Red Gaming Tech's next gen console tech videos. I was highly not impressed. He definitely seemed to have a horse in the race. He seemed so concerned with PS5 being less powerful he immediately floated that PS5 Pro might come out only one year after PS5, in the video I saw.

But 9TF Navi ain't no 2080 either :), in fact 2080 is about 12-15% faster than a 9.75 TF 5700 xt. 2080 ti is more like 25-30% faster than a 2080 on average.

I think a 2ghz 9.2TF GPU in a console would easily best 5700XT in games. People underestimate how much perf console optimizations can get you. It's not like the 360 / PS3 days, but you still can get a decent chunk more perf of similarly specced cards in the consoles. There is also secret sauces and possibly architectural improvements in PS5 GPU over 5700 XT.

Most of the benchmarks I googled was showing 2080TI to be 20% over 2080 in terms of framerates.

There were no evidence of RT / VRS in the Github tests, two features I believe to be in the PS5. Personally I don't think the Github tests paints a complete picture of what next gen console are like.

There is also the option of Sony enabling all CUs and/or increasing the clock speed beyond 2ghz, either of which can make the GitHub leak obsolete.

Last edited:
I think a 2ghz 9.2TF GPU in a console would easily best 5700XT in games. People underestimate how much perf console optimizations can get you. It's not like the 360 / PS3 days, but you still can get a decent chunk more perf of similarly specced cards in the consoles. There is also secret sauces and possibly architectural improvements in PS5 GPU over 5700 XT.

Most of the benchmarks I googled was showing 2080TI to be 20% over 2080 in terms of framerates.
It's roughly 29% faster in 4k if go by 2080 Ti is 30% faster than 1080 Ti.
https://www.techspot.com/article/1702-geforce-rtx-2080-mega-benchmark/page5.html

The GitHub leak was a test, you don't know if it was a complete test or only testing some aspects of the chip.
It's not comprehensive in any way. No one should have been freaking out about it.

But I do believe that 'Oberon' is likely PS5. What was shown on the test is likely not representative of it's full capabilities (because the test was not testing everything, so you don't know what you don't know).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back