Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake, vague spec sheet but talking about ND games lol. They will release a PS4 game this year. We will not see a naughty dog game before at least three years. Same with the name of the Sony Santa Monica games, they released God of War in 2018 no game before 2022 probably.

Fake, vague spec sheet but talking about ND games lol. They will release a PS4 game this year. We will not see a naughty dog game before at least three years. Same with the name of the Sony Santa Monica games, they released God of War in 2018 no game before 2022 probably.

There goes my very very low hopes that we would have a Final Fantasy 16 announcement.

There goes my very very low hopes that we would have a Final Fantasy 16 announcement.
I hope not!
I hope they put all their resources to make FF7 remake a perfectly polished game.
I was disappointed with FF15 and I hope FF7 is something much better that will keep me eager and engaged in gaming as much as the Lord of the Rings trilogy was keeping me immersed and eager to see the next episode in movies.
I really want to experience that thrill and attachment with the characters and feel all kinds of emotions when it reaches the end

They will release a PS4 game this year. We will not see a naughty dog game before at least three years.
I'd actually be surprised if they weren't creating a PS5 variant of TLoU2 with some improvements. Assets could be built higher quality from the originals without much faff, and maybe some RT lighting or something, higher framerate/res. Put the engine team onto creating the next-gen engine with a small team handling the content port. That strikes me as far and away the best business move with the IP, rather than having a flagship title on PS4 and nothing for PS5 where an in-situ up-port shouldn't be too expensive (ameliorating the necessary costs of creating an engine for PS5 anyway).

Last edited:
True but HZD isn't on pc and never will be, same for some other exclusives :)
Why not? The engine is already on PC so it's a small effort, and the money have been made on ps4. It's an old game.

They have so many exclusive franchises on playstation, they could use HZD to hook people and get more excitement about HZD2. Or get people excited about PSNow.

I don't think it will happen, but it's not a crazy idea.

Last edited:
Well, I posted this because Jason just confirmed its actually coming out on PC.

Damn, missed that, well ok i agree with you then. More and more sony exclusives are ending up on PC anyway, recently also predator hunting grounds. I think for the devs, studios and sony, it is only a doube up. The Xbox and PC users are mostly a different market anyway.

Last edited:
Well, I posted this because Jason just confirmed its actually coming out on PC.
That's a good short term view strategy from Jim Ryan. Seems he wants all the money he can get now.

But I don't think it's going to be a good long term strategy. Playstation is currently at the top for a reason: because of a long term strategy set in place since PS3 and its 10 years plan (+ tons of exclusives), which worked.

That's a good short term view strategy from Jim Ryan. Seems he wants all the money he can get now.

But I don't think it's going to be a good long term strategy. Playstation is currently at the top for a reason: because of a long term strategy set in place since PS3 and its 10 years plan, which worked.

Most of those 100 million PS4 owners would own a PS4 anyway, if those exclusives where on pc or not.

Why not? The engine is already on PC so it's a small effort, and the money have been made on ps4. It's an old game.
Let's not go nuts, a version of the engine for one game will be used on Windows in the future. Too much stock in put in the ability of engines to magically make software work well on different platforms, the reality is very, very different.

Work? Technically, yes, it's not crashing. Work well without some effort? Hmmm.. :nope:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back