PC Game Pass, now includes EA Play! [PCGP, XGP:PC]

Windows 10 upgrade failed with some error code, fortunately it set my PC back to the way it was. Not surprised, this OS has been on here since late 2013 I think and Windows updates stopped working a while ago so I turned them off. Clean install ahoy!

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/12/04/new-xbox-game-pass-pc-december-2019/

Reminder that as an Xbox Game Pass member, you also get free updates to games currently in the library!
  • Sea of Thieves: Seabound Soul: This free content update features new lore-based tales and firebombs. Sail with Captain Pendragon, The Ashen Dragon, and surprise your friends and enemies in Adventure and Arena with new firebombs.
  • Dead by Daylight: Check out the Cursed Legacy update including the Oni, Kimura Yui, and a new map.

Recently Added

Halo: Reach
Halo: Reach for Halo: The Master Chief Collection comes to the Xbox One and for the first time ever: PC. Looking better than ever, Halo: Reach features up to 4K UHD resolution at 60FPS . Experience the heroic story of Noble Team, who through great sacrifice and courage saved countless lives in the face of impossible odds. Enjoy iconic Halo multiplayer experiences with generation-defining player customization, unforgettable maps and classic game modes.

100211[1].jpg

$5 to rent Age of Wonders: Planetfall, Demon’s Tilt, and My Friend Pedro for a month? Sweet.

And you get PC version of Halo Reach as part of Halo Masterr Chief Collection as well!

Hell, I've already tried hundreds of dollars worth of games on Game Pass so far, but have only paid around 50 USD or so with my continued subscription.

I haven't finished a single thing on Game Pass yet, which just makes that all the sweeter. So, unlike when I buy games and don't finish them, I don't feel any buyer's regret.

The service just continues to get better and better in my eyes. A year ago, if you'd told me that I would stay subscribed to a gaming subscription service instead of using it as a once or twice a year "rental," I would have laughed at you. But, here I am with a continuing subscription to a gaming subscription service.

It certainly helps that every single month, multiple interesting sounding games (and really good ones at that) are added to the service...and in far larger quantities than I expected when I signed up. I expected maybe 4-5 new games a month, but it's been closer to 15-25 new games a month.

Regards,
SB

Hell, I've already tried hundreds of dollars worth of games on Game Pass so far, but have only paid around 50 USD or so with my continued subscription.

I haven't finished a single thing on Game Pass yet, which just makes that all the sweeter. So, unlike when I buy games and don't finish them, I don't feel any buyer's regret.

The service just continues to get better and better in my eyes. A year ago, if you'd told me that I would stay subscribed to a gaming subscription service instead of using it as a once or twice a year "rental," I would have laughed at you. But, here I am with a continuing subscription to a gaming subscription service.

It certainly helps that every single month, multiple interesting sounding games (and really good ones at that) are added to the service...and in far larger quantities than I expected when I signed up. I expected maybe 4-5 new games a month, but it's been closer to 15-25 new games a month.

Regards,
SB
same here. In fact I stopped using it 'cos I wasn't finding the time to play the games. But I recently joined again and plan on never leave, because the service is so good now. Great games, lots of them -175 games or so on the PC now-, and the fact that some are cross-play so I can play those games with my best friend from childhood -he has a Xbox One S and never been much of a PC gamer-, or just play the same games as him, so when we see in person we play games like Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and so on.

Btw, I got a 1080 graphics card for my PC, next step is to add a much needed SSD, and benchmarked my computer to start the year:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/23241233

As before, it's performing above expectations.

Playing Bloodstained at native 4k 60fps is a true sight to behold.

Last edited:
This is the list of confirmed games that will make into the list this year, to which you have to add Crusader Kings 3, which will come out for Gamepass PC at launch date.

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/games/xbox-one/62711/xbox-game-pass-new-games-full-list-price

Carrion

Cris Tales

Cyber Shadow

Double Kick Heroes

Edge of Eternity

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII: Remastered

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X: HD Remastered

Final Fantasy X-2: HD Remastered

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XV

Forager (XBO & PC)

Haven (XBO & PC)

It Lurks Below (XBO & PC)

Levelhead (XBO & PC)

PHOGS (XBO & PC)

She Dreams Elsewhere (XBO & PC)

SkateBIRD (XBO & PC)

Streets of Rage 4 (XBO & PC)

Scourge Bringer (XBO & PC)

Supraland (XBO)

Tekken 7 (XBO)

Touhou Luna Nights (XBO & PC)

The Red Lantern (XBO)

West of Dead (XBO & PC)

Yakuza 0 (XBO)

Yakuza Kiwami (XBO)

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (XBO)

Halo: Infinite (coming "holiday" 2020)

and some more....

ENRnxJlWsAU2RFg.jpg:large

I think one of our previous moderators here worked on Phoenix Point IIRC. Deano?

my most expected game this month, A Plague Tale: Innocence is in the gamepass PC already (41GB downloading), if you perform a search.

a-plague-tale-innocence-focus-home-interactive.jpg

A_Plague_Tale-Innocence-09.jpg

this is one of the best game I've played. It reminds me of my village and its old buildings and landscapes:

mGzPRV9.png

Oo0arZA.jpg

rIfxtXR.jpg

rSfXf4t.jpg

p6wmzo2.png

M5PQFyK.jpg

MDiS0yZ.jpg

8ura8H0.jpg

LoLe4Xx.png

vmIZ09I.jpg

Last edited:
Yakuza 0, Kiwami, and Kiwami 2 are coming to PC Game Pass, too, in “early 2020:” https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/11/14/x019-yakuza-coming-to-xbox-game-pass-2020/

Cyan, Plague Tale looks great, but maybe post those pics (with FRAPS disabled) in the Screenshots thread? :)

Children of Morta looks nice and plays pretty well with a controller. The text is a bit rough and doesn’t always match up with the narration (so, not as good as Bastion). The sheer number of relics and “permanent” and temp stat buffs is neat, tho it’s not obvious which is which.

So I went to re-subscribe to PC Game Pass so I could play A Plague Tale and it offered me 3 months for $1... ok? Weird that it gave me another offer when I was already a subscriber a couple of months ago. I guess I'm not complaining but I would have been happy re-subscribing for $5/month.

Back