Windows 10 [2018]

anyone have any idea why the power plan keeps changing to HIGH PERFORMANCE after a few reboot?
same issue with this person https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...changing/3980a59d-5941-46c2-a38c-4f0c813d6226

Only occurs in 2 desktop PC. It didnt occur in my sony vaio tap 11.
go to Settings-->System>Power & sleep -no need to go to the old power settings-.

If that doesn't work, download the most recent chipset drivers of your motherboard. Mine is the MSI B350M Gaming Pro and the last drivers have a plan called AMD Ryzen balanced and its selected by default.

While I initially hated the disapperance of QuickLaunch I've come to find pin to Start a completely acceptable & less obtrusive alternative.

I have a few icons pinned directly to the taskbar but for me it's far too annoying to have more than a few pinned there. Once I have a bunch of windows open (I'm currently sitting at 35 windows open, it becomes a small PITA to find the pinned icon to launch the associated program as the location of the pinned icons moves depends not only on how many windows are open but how many of the pinned applications are opened.

It bothers me to no small degree. So Quicklaunch is there so that pinned applications are always in the same location no matter how many applications I have open.

I can easily see it not being an issue for more casual users of Windows, however. If I only ever had 5-10 windows open at a time, I might find it tolerable, for instance.

Regards,
SB

I have a few icons pinned directly to the taskbar but for me it's far too annoying to have more than a few pinned there. Once I have a bunch of windows open (I'm currently sitting at 35 windows open, it becomes a small PITA to find the pinned icon to launch the associated program as the location of the pinned icons moves depends not only on how many windows are open but how many of the pinned applications are opened.

It bothers me to no small degree. So Quicklaunch is there so that pinned applications are always in the same location no matter how many applications I have open.

I can easily see it not being an issue for more casual users of Windows, however. If I only ever had 5-10 windows open at a time, I might find it tolerable, for instance.

Regards,
SB
Aren't all app instances/windows under the same app icon in the taskbar ?
Or does that mean you have 35 different apps running ?

Only if you like Google as an overlord, no thank you.
Google is our lord almighy that knows all, including everyone's darkest secret

Seriously, google's "spying" is really too much. Some time ago, Google suddenly showed ads about baby milk, baby toys, baby strollers. Turns out my work colleague were having a baby in a week.

Pin to Start not Taskbar.
It gives you an icon not dissimilar to what you get from Quicklaunch but attached to the Start menu, just as quick to access & launch as Quicklaunch.
well you do have to click twice to launch the program while for quicklauch or pin to taskbar, you start the program with 1 click
so it's 100% worse :runaway:

On desktop your left hand is always there to press the windows key, bringing up the start menu.

So when you open a web page you keep it open just on the off chance that one day in the future you may need to visit that web page again ?
depends i basically use it as bookmarks, since the page isnt loaded until i open the tab but i can search the tabs in the awesome bar

On desktop your left hand is always there to press the windows key, bringing up the start menu.
well its still double the clicks/keypresses

i dont really care but i still use the quicklaunch

I simply don't use that many applications. Basically 90% of what I use is on my taskbar.

Aren't all app instances/windows under the same app icon in the taskbar ?
Or does that mean you have 35 different apps running ?

Multiple applications, but not 35 of them. For example, right now I have 24 windows across 11 applications. Browser windows, explorer windows and messenger (Skype, etc.) windows account for the most windows. However, it's not uncommon to have at least 2 windows open for many applications (like mail, for example).

Basically enough different applications that the icons on the taskbar are never in the same place once I start using the machine.

Regards,
SB

Back