Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

Why this commotion? The volume is a public information

I don't think they've given official numbers. I saw a picture that had dimensions in mm that I thought was official, but now I can't find it. Can't remember where I'd seen it.

I'm very interested in seeing the design of PS5. If they're really pushing consoles into the 300W+ territory we may end up with the two weirdest looking consoles in quite a while.

I don't think they've given official numbers. I saw a picture that had dimensions in mm that I thought was official, but now I can't find it. Can't remember where I'd seen it.

I'm very interested in seeing the design of PS5. If they're really pushing consoles into the 300W+ territory we may end up with the two weirdest looking consoles in quite a while.

People have attempted to calculate it using known measurements of surface features (USB port, drive slot).

Gotta wonder:

Lockhart - 2x2 SSAA of all XO titles (although you start to wonder why Scorpio lacks that capability)
Anaconda - Scorpio boost or 3x3 SSAA of unpatched titles

Or maybe they something something DLSS something Forza Horizon 3 test something bakakawfw aoinflflfffffffffffffff
Patching will be required for things like UI scaling no? If you naively quadrupled the resolution text and other UI stuff might become tiny and unreadable. This is a problem on old PC games with high DPI monitors.

Patching will be required for things like UI scaling no? If you naively quadrupled the resolution text and other UI stuff might become tiny and unreadable. This is a problem on old PC games with high DPI monitors.
Right, so the question is how they can mess around with the display planes as XO has three: 2 for the app/game title, 1 for the OS overlay. IIRC, devs were meant to use the available 2 for the UI and the game independently so they could do independent scaling. Whether devs did that or not is up in the air, although given how prevalent the need was for upscaling XO titles to 1080p........ :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I think GamePass could be interesting for Japanese developers. Niche titles that wouldn't be able to justify a full-price physical release on Xbox might make sense as additions to fill out the GP catalogue.

I think GamePass could be interesting for Japanese developers. Niche titles that wouldn't be able to justify a full-price physical release on Xbox might make sense as additions to fill out the GP catalogue.
Depending on what MS pays for it.

Capcom at least seemed amicable enough to put some titles on the service in the last year or so.

EvilModEdit:
I suspect the number of folks clamouring for JP games on Xbox are low, but as a tool for exposure/marketing, it's hard to place a detrimental value while the company simply benefits since the main target audience has either bought the title on another platform (Steam or PS4) or has done so already on Xbox.

If MS bankrolled a bunch of interesting JP games like they did with x360 launch,....

I hope they nbring them to Xbox for windows hahahahaha

This is a XSX game right?
The video is of PC, judging by the mouse interface. Also, the silver nob on the control panel is a simple environment map and not RTd. Not even matched to the cock-pit environment. That is, I don't know that this game shows anything particularly XBSX in features.

Back