The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

I've just finished watching the first series of Sex Education on Netflix (missed it when it came out). Quite amusing at times and not too cheesy. A lot of quirky characters but not annoyingly quirky, in general. The next series begins soon so I'll definitely watch that one.

I've just finished watching the first series of Sex Education on Netflix (missed it when it came out). Quite amusing at times and not too cheesy. A lot of quirky characters but not annoyingly quirky, in general. The next series begins soon so I'll definitely watch that one.

I think you’re underselling it - it was absolutely brilliant! And such a wonderful role by Gillian Anderson.

Mandalorian...hmmm first couple of episodes hinted at a possible great story line, but unfortunately baby green thing then becomes little more that a prop, with zero story around it whatsoever.
I know the creators are on record as saying Mando is being played as a sci-fi version of a lone gunfighter, but when episode 3 of any new series involves a simple repositioning of a 40 year old film (think mandalorian does the magnificent 7), it's disapointing.

I did enjoy the series, but whoever thought up baby green thing lost a massive opportunity for a really innovative story IMO. Yes, the 2nd series might fill it in, but that'll be an afterthought.

Just finished Dracula did't foresee ep3 going in the direction it did
not sure if I'm happy with it or not

i should have stopped when ep 2 ends....

EP3 feels like EP2 was the real ending and then a fan on reddit make a fanfic, and that fanfic is EP3

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Part 3

Straight to Hell Music Video Trailer

January 24, 2020

-- Spoilers --

CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA Part 3 Trailer Breakdown! | Music Video Trailer Explained

Last edited:
I've quite enjoyed The Witcher. No past experience of the books/comics/games/whatever. I thought the timeline switching was a little confusing and could have been indicated a bit more clearly with better direction. Nothing too bad, however, though I had to explain to my wife what was occurring at some points and when it was in the storyline. Quite amusing how they make sure there are some boobs in every other episode to ensure that the teenage boys keep watching!

The one thing which proved a bit disconcerting for me is the way in which the actors of 'magical' characters are wearing contact lenses to mark them out as special. Because of this, in certain dramatic scenes, you'll often see one eye looking somewhere slightly different to the other one!

I also enjoyed The Witcher, having come to it cold. I knew of the video games, but not the books.

I thought the timeline switching was a little confusing and could have been indicated a bit more clearly with better direction. Nothing too bad, however, though I had to explain to my wife what was occurring at some points and when it was in the storyline.

I had a very similar experience, the penny dropped for me midway through the second or third episode, and my SO also hadn't clicked at the time. After realising it, everything else made a bit more sense.

My initial reaction was very similar to yours, that the time-shifts should have been more clearly flagged. With that said though, in retrospect, I'm glad they didn't. Personally I find the "30 years before...", "a week later...", and "meanwhile back at the ranch..." kind of flagging a bit ham-fisted. I'm not sure I can think of a more subtle mechanic though.

Finished The Witcher last night. It was better than I expected but not nearly as epic as something like Game of Thrones. My main issues are that some of the writing and character castings aren't great. Some of the decors are kind of meh looking as well and that medieval rock'ish kinda music just sucks.

And as much as they said the series is based on the books and not the games, there were plenty of times I thought "yep, this is the game". Not that I mind at all, just something I noticed.

Overall I'd rate it with a 7.5. Hopefully they can step it up a bit for season 2.

Witcher was good. I recommend watching with subtitles as it was hard to hear all the subtle details. And easy to lose track of. Being able to reinforce it with reading helped with the timeline jumping.

While GOT was a big time political work; the Witcher seems to be more about Geralt. There are political motivations, magical ones, etc but the main focus appears to be around the adventures of Geralt. So in that sense not nearly as large scale epic as GOT.

Watched the Dracula, not especially impressed.
Started out pretty much like the book but quickly diverted into weird alternate version with lots o modern references.
Dracula actor was delightfully campy in places but generally they had him much too openly going 'hey look I'm the vampire' for my liking.
And really no good reason for the 3rd episode, I mean kinda interesting twist a-la Vampire Lestat/Queen of the Damned which you kinda might as well do when diverting so far from the book but it felt like it was about to turn into a Dr Who/Deadwood tie-in at any moment.
Watched Interview with the Vampire again, been a while & still enjoyed it a lot, everyone so young in it.

Watched the Dracula, not especially impressed.
Started out pretty much like the book but quickly diverted into weird alternate version with lots o modern references.
Dracula actor was delightfully campy in places but generally they had him much too openly going 'hey look I'm the vampire' for my liking.
And really no good reason for the 3rd episode, I mean kinda interesting twist a-la Vampire Lestat/Queen of the Damned which you kinda might as well do when diverting so far from the book but it felt like it was about to turn into a Dr Who/Deadwood tie-in at any moment.
Watched Interview with the Vampire again, been a while & still enjoyed it a lot, everyone so young in it.

Ahhh thats whats bugging me. Thank you! It does feels like dr who would suddenly appear

Witcher was good. I recommend watching with subtitles as it was hard to hear all the subtle details. And easy to lose track of. Being able to reinforce it with reading helped with the timeline jumping.

While GOT was a big time political work; the Witcher seems to be more about Geralt. There are political motivations, magical ones, etc but the main focus appears to be around the adventures of Geralt. So in that sense not nearly as large scale epic as GOT.

Hmm

Harley Quinn, great new adult animated series on DCU. Well written and excellent voice acting, just lots of fun!

See, even the creator of the series isn't into it anymore...

HBO won't pursue second season of 'Watchmen' after creator bows out

Lindelof told USA TODAY this week that he's told the story he wants to tell and has no interest in a second season, though he's "given my blessing" to HBO should it want to pursue a new installment with another writer-producer.

But Bloys concedes that's unlikely to happen: "It would be hard to imagine doing it without Damon involved in some way."

Sorry, fans, but the season-ending cliffhanger will likely never be resolved.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/ente...n-wont-happen-after-creator-bails/4491269002/

Back