All purpose Sales and Sales Rumours and Anecdotes [2019 Edition]

If you have multiple users on a PS4 do they share the PS+ for online gaming? Because the MAU vs PS+ is weird to me.

Yes, if the console is set as primary for the subscriber. But the count includes people on Vita and PS3, too and free accounts.

Don't equate PS+ with MAU. F2P games such as Fortnite, Apex and many others can be played online for free on PS4, PS+ is not required.

Not what I was doing , I tried to get an idea what MAU includes. Because

1. I assume that there is not 60M active Vita + PS3 users every month. Also if I own a PS3 + Vita + PS4, am I counted as 3 active users if I go online with each device?
2. It's "logical" that not every PS4 has an active PS+ sub, ref SP games and F2P games etc.

And if users on the same console shared the same PS+ account, then assuming that vita + ps3 numbers are negligible and assuming (again)that there are more active PS+ subs than F2P/SP only gamers on the PS4. Each PS4 has 2.something user accounts on average.

Would be interesting to know if anybody knows what MAU actually includes :)

Not what I was doing , I tried to get an idea what MAU includes. Because

1. I assume that there is not 60M active Vita + PS3 users every month. Also if I own a PS3 + Vita + PS4, am I counted as 3 active users if I go online with each device?
2. It's "logical" that not every PS4 has an active PS+ sub, ref SP games and F2P games etc.

And if users on the same console shared the same PS+ account, then assuming that vita + ps3 numbers are negligible and assuming (again)that there are more active PS+ subs than F2P/SP only gamers on the PS4. Each PS4 has 2.something user accounts on average.

Would be interesting to know if anybody knows what MAU actually includes :)

You are conflating PS+ accounts with MAU. The vast majority of PS4 owners will have PSN accounts, not just those who pay for PS+. To be succinct, PS+ has nothing to do with MAU.

Back