What Anime are you watching now?

I think the Grimm brothers did much to re-ignite interest in dwarves and elves, likely influencing Tolkien and others in later years.

Watched SheRa and The Dragon Prince.
The first is amazingly good considering its source material. (And really good ignoring it.)
The second has pacing issues in the first season IMO but is good.
Went through more than half of Banana Fish, and, while enjoyable, it didn't click for me.
Whats shera? Google failed me

Finally finished season 1 of Demon Slayer. OMG, I can't remember the last game (if any) that had 2 more annoying protagonist sidekicks than this one. While it ultimately wasn't enough to ruin the first season, it made it almost unbearable to make it through some of the episodes.

It makes me feel like this was a series targeted towards children, as those 2 sidekicks definitely reminded me of some children that I know. While there was a fair bit of blood and obviously violence, that isn't uncommon for anime targeting older children and young teens.

Towards the end of the season there is some character progression for the 2 sidekicks, but I still get the feeling that those really obnoxious annoying traits are going to remain part of them...forever. Hopefully I'm wrong on that. :p

Regards,
SB
The manga editor pr obably insisted on those sidekicks

I assume Netflix cartoon series of She-Ra and the Princess of Power.
Indeed. Sorry I forgot the '-'.
It was origianlly a spin-off from He-Man. She-Ra and the princess of power was re-imagined by Netflix not long ago. If He-Man could get the same treatment I'd be fascinated...

I finished watching Goblin Slayer. I enjoyed it very much. However, there's this common thing in anime which I don't like: in tense scenes where the characters have to escape or fight, they stop just to make a comment (sometimes even a joke). Ugh...

Oh, and I can understand why they used a 3d model of Goblin Slayer, but sometimes it contrasted way too much with the other characters and I don't think it was necessary in all the cases it was used, IMO.

Indeed. Sorry I forgot the '-'.
It was origianlly a spin-off from He-Man. She-Ra and the princess of power was re-imagined by Netflix not long ago. If He-Man could get the same treatment I'd be fascinated...

Already having a hard time accepting a She-Ra who looks like an androgynous little kid. Don't think my 80s-imprinted brain could cope with a dweeb-shaped He-Man who wears a pair of skinny jeans and "problem glasses" when he's prince Adam.

Erased is a really gripping show, the one recommendation I would add is don't binge watch, binging could harm some of the suspense

try watching parasyte. IIRC its coming to netflix. different genre but for me, it delivers similar suspense

ROFL watching bofuri really makes me thinks THAT is what currently happening in Bungie HQ hahahahahaha

Just got done finishing an older anime, World Trigger (2014-2016) which has 73 episodes.

A relatively basic anime that I found oddly addictive. And I was pretty sad that it came to an end with no resolution. For a longer series, it also refreshing doesn't feel like it has any "filler" episodes. Basically, I never sat there thinking, "Gah, I should just skip to the next episode."

Overall pretty action packed with a story that is just good enough to keep you hooked. It follows the manga other than a short arc that was originally meant to be a separate mini-series. I was pretty sad when I got to the last episode and there was no conclusion.

And that's where things get a bit weird. Evidently the creator (Daisuke Ashihara) suffered a lot of physical problems which cause the manga series to go on hiatus for 2 years as he recovered. Now that he's relatively healthy again (he still takes 2 month breaks at times due to lingering problems) he started working on the manga again.

And yay, apparently it was announced at Jump Festa 2020 that another season is in the works (yay!). I'm quite looking forward to this even though I still sometimes wonder why I like the anime so much. :p

Regards,
SB

Back