The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

was the mandalorian any good no one said

Modern Adventures in Babysitting in Space was good, or at least entertaining. It wasn't what I was expecting it to be, but it was enjoyable.

I didn't finish watching the first episode of The Witcher, that stuff is too deja vu and cliche for the old me. I already watched (or played this) hundred of times.

The finale is the episode which is least like anything from the game or books! :yep2: But it is The Witcher, so yes, it's going to be like The Witcher game and books! :LOL:

I did watch the first 3 episode of The watchmen, but again I feel no desire to continue watching it. The movie was all about big stakes like cold war, world war, end of the world, meaning of life, meaning of love etc. but here they tried to modernize it in an idealized 2019 society and failed. The big stakes in 2019 should still be what they were 20 years ago at least in my opinion.

The TV series is also about this, but it takes nine episodes to get to get there. If you're not digging Watchmen by episode three, don't bother to finish it. It was only curiosity that compelled me to finish watching and in retrospect I am not sure it was worth the investment - 20 mins reading Wikipedia would have done it.

Finished the first seasons of Witcher and Mandalorian. Both were really good. Witcher I felt was absolutely fantastic! Huge fan of the games too, but this was a very pleasant surprise that they managed to 100% nail it.

Been watching a Netflix series called Black Summer. In some ways it's your generic zombie outbreak society-collapse TV show. In other ways it's a very different style where the focus is on the situations, building up long sequences and single take shots and a distinct lack of dialog. This is completely opposed to something like TWD where everything is about building the characters, the drama and tying the story together with some plot-progression sequences.

There's a very obvious lack of focus on particular characters, their backgrounds and who they really are so far, and when you might think this particular person is a "main character", you eventually realize that there aren't any really as it tries to be more realistic in what would happen in these situations where the person does actually get killed.

Due to this lack of attachment to characters, the sometimes long slow sequences, I can see this style not being very popular. I find I'm rather engrossed in it, the change is refreshing on what appears at surface to be very generic.

Witcher I felt was absolutely fantastic! Huge fan of the games too, but this was a very pleasant surprise that they managed to 100% nail it.
I don't think you are alone! Witcher franchise went through the roof this past week with the series likely a huge factor in renewed Witcher interest.
It is incredibly rare for a single-player game to break its launch-day concurrent player records without some form of update but The Witcher 3 has defied the odds. The game had a peak all-time concurrent player count of 92,000 back at launch in 2015. Over the weekend, that number was surpassed, setting a new record of 94,000
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matt...layed-the-witcher-3-this-week-than-at-launch/

The TV series is also about this, but it takes nine episodes to get to get there. If you're not digging Watchmen by episode three, don't bother to finish it. It was only curiosity that compelled me to finish watching and in retrospect I am not sure it was worth the investment - 20 mins reading Wikipedia would have done it.

Agreed. Of their 9 episodes, episode 3 was by far the best with everything else lacking in comparison. If you haven't dug it by then, you'll just be discouraged as the episodes go on.

The story they had to tell over The Watchmen season 1 with 9 episodes should have been all of 4.5 episodes at most. That would have made for far better user experience. I hope this isn't any indication of what's to come with other series HBO is producing now that AT&T has been their new master long enough to have an impact.

Overall, a rating of Do Not Watch for The Watchmen series, maybe read the Wiki summaries and imagine something better instead. So much potential, so much failure.

So far i've seen the first 2 episodes of Dracula - absolutely fantastic
if the bbc have sold this to netflix or amazon prime or whoever you should watch it
or failing that try and find a proxy or vpn that works with bbc iplayer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p07xn2ww/dracula-official-trailer

Hope youtube doesnt give a this is not available in your region to u.s readers

edit: it's either on or coming to netflix
have you seen it Brit ?

Last edited:
In the US, the BBC Dracula 3 part set is streaming on Netflix. They're really more like mini-series in movie form. I watched the first movie and it was very enjoyable. However at times, I couldn't help but view Dracula as channeling Ricky Gervais -- the words and attitude so fit. It made certain scenes absolutely unintentionally hilarious. I'll watch at least part 2 of 3 this evening.

Just saw the season finale of for all mankind on Apple TV. It’s been a tad depressing but a high quality show for sure.

Best selling game currently on steam
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition
I wonder why ?

ps: I've seen gervais on award shows, on chat shows and doing stand up
but ive never seen one of his tv shows...

Last edited:
Back