Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was worth it...

There were 3 or 4 moments where I kept expecting Jim Ryan to say something about the PS5, but he kept bringing it back to the PS4 and content. "Fair enough" I thought, "but there's still hope for something."

Then came the moment in which Jim Ryan brought up the subject of the PS5, and delivered an enticing line:
"I'm pleased to show you all, today, for the first time..."
A drum roll played in my head, and I thought, "Bloody hell, they're going to show us the console!"

Then he moved further along into the completion of his line: "... the PlayStation 5..."

I began to get a little excited. Wrongly bloody so, because the line ended "... logo."

So unless something else has happened in the last 5 minutes, that's it folks, we know what the logo looks like. Like the PS4 logo but... with a different number.

It's a "5"

It was quite literally what some people who aren’t me would call a cocktease. I have gaming blue balls now. Not happy.

Sony wasn't going to Osborne sales of PS4 and PS4 games from now until November.

I mean, in all likelihood they'll have a reveal in February. And there's no way they'll even wait until E3 which is June. Are they really worried about January's sales?

Since the PS5 presentation revealed nothing new Cerny hadn't already revealed, I have to wonder if SIE's presence and Jim Ryan's presentation was partially to pad the presentation,for the sake of appearances particularly to investors. Without it, it would be even more obvious how Sony's other divisions outside image sensors is falling out of substantial relevancy.

They are ending it? After all these years? Why?
I thought it had a good adoption and was a good service

It's largest failure was the name. So many looking into cord-cutting never even checked out Playstation Vue because they thought you needed a PlayStation to use it. It's a shame, because they had a rather nice feature with Multi-View that none of the others have.

It's largest failure was the name. So many looking into cord-cutting never even checked out Playstation Vue because they thought you needed a PlayStation to use it. It's a shame, because they had a rather nice feature with Multi-View that none of the others have.
The football (soccer) coverage from La Liga to champions league was really great until they cancelled beIN then brought them back only a few months before losing everything...

So the Series X chip is reasonably similar in size to the One X chip AND more damningly, the original One chip. It's nothing outlandish at all. Especially given the gigantic die's you see on PC GPU's.

This is yet another reason why NOT chasing power is stupid. The BOM between this and a 8-9TF PS5 is likely to be little different, You'll be talking a bit of difference on the SOC, the other 90% of the consoles the same, assuming they pack the same GDDR. Give it a year or two to get the manufacturing humming and the difference probably may as well not exist.

I mean of course there are limits to this reasoning but, yeah.

Last edited:
Is the Scarlett die size 350 mm2, no it means he just made up his claim, just a random attention seeker on the internet.;)

If we believe the Arden + Oberon being the GPU portions only, then it makes total sense! :eek:

He gave out the Sparkman = small SOC console info before anyone, so I think he has some sources.

I never believed the 300mm2 vs 350mm2 figures anyway. They didn't jive with my measurements for either console.

If we believe the Arden + Oberon being the GPU portions only, then it makes total sense! :eek:

He gave out the Sparkman = small SOC console info before anyone, so I think he has some sources.

I never believed the 300mm2 vs 350mm2 figures anyway. They didn't jive with my measurements for either console.

you don't need 300mm2 to have 36 or 40 Cus no something is not adding up. And why testing only the GPU. I think it is just something made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back