Dell shows concept of Switch-like handheld for PC games

wco81

Legend
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...s-pc-gaming-on-a-nintendo-switch-like-device/

So it will have docked mode as well as handheld mode.

Much bigger and bulkier.

Probably to carry a huge price. It may use some low end GPU like those typically used in basic laptops?

Or if it uses a better mobile GPU, like those $4000 gaming laptops, can the price and battery life really be competitive?

Of course this may just be a tech demo but if they go to the trouble to show it at CES, they're at least testing the waters.

Wish it had more standard controller halves with handles instead of these scaled up joycons but it's just a concept maybe the final version(if there is one) will be different.
Otherwise it seems neat and is kind of interesting to me, depending on specs and price and so on of course.
Video from Verge:

Also... This makes me think of Lockhart... Hmm...

Hmmm, I wonder what the GPU specs are going to be for the Ryzen 4000 series mobile chips? Also, Intel's next round of mobile chips will be using Xe with a claimed doubling in graphics performance compared to their current CPUs.

Both of which should be more than sufficient for a 720p screen. Possibly even for a 1200p screen.

Regards,
SB

Either that's Donald Trump holding it or this thing is massive. Hard to tell, but this does not look comfortable to hold.

Hmmm, I wonder what the GPU specs are going to be for the Ryzen 4000 series mobile chips? Also, Intel's next round of mobile chips will be using Xe with a claimed doubling in graphics performance compared to their current CPUs.

Both of which should be more than sufficient for a 720p screen. Possibly even for a 1200p screen.

Regards,
SB

Well if they do productize this, it may have a docked mode, so it would have to be more competitive when connected to a big screen, meaning at least 1080p, probably 4k.

Because this thing will likely be more expensive than next generation consoles.

Back