What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
jedi fallen order. not far in, and definitely taking my sweet time, but liking it so far, a lot for a single player game, for example much better than my last sp game gears 5.. it will take me weeks at this pace of both not putting in a ton of playtime and trying to explore everything.

https://noitagame.com

Can't get enough of the physics, the wand and spell system, the world and its habitants, the brutality and the difficulty. Well over a hundred deaths under the belt and not a single win scored, but that's mainly due to my very exploratory playing style and also due to sucking at making a game-winning wand. The first win will come... some day.

EDIT: ...and it did indeed come. March 1st was the Day of the First Win.

Last edited:
Red Dead Redemption 2 for me, my son bought it off Steam yesterday and I'm enjoying it offline while he plays it on. :D

Better than I thought, I tend to hate westerns but this game is good!

Driftland: The Magic Revival

Got this on a Steam sale purely based on Steam recommendation + Steam reviews. Never would have touched it otherwise. But one of the user reviews mentioned it's like the old Majesty games. That immediately piqued my interest so I read more Steam user reviews about it.

It's a really nice re-imagining of the Majesty game so far, but with a far heavier focus on your realm's economy. I almost bungled it horribly in my first game. :p

Highly recommended by me if you like the Majesty style gameplay loop. Definitely a gem here, IMO.

Regards,
SB

I finised DMC V a couple of days ago. I didn't enjoy V's gameplay much. Dante and Nero were more fun. The focus was segmented between three stories and characters so it barely game me a chance to go deep with the gameplay and skillsets of any of them. The game has normal length in total, but cutting the gameplay and story in three made it feel like 3 small games with a hasty story telling. A shame because DMC V's gameplay mechanics are top. Tt brought back elements from the original, like enemies and weapons. It also had many references to the original for those that are attentive. I wish it had more emphasis to depth and more memorable locations though. The visuals are worthy of admiration. The animation, the details, the effects and the art are packed with super high quality work. It is worth noting that I found Virgil's presentation super cool. The guys who worked on the game's presentation are certainly the cream of the crop. Some changes would have made it perfect. In general I enjoyed it a lot.

I also finished The Order 1886. What a shame. The visuals are simply outstanding. Art is super. If only the gameplay was right. This is the perfect example of a walking simulator. Loved the visuals, loved the story, loved the characters, loved the concept, the gameplay killed it. Actually it slaughtered it. The game takes you by the hand and limits the player to the extreme in a very linear path where you can't even hold your gun, or walk at a faster pace if the game doesnt want you. The latter was probably a simple design choice to make the game last longer than it should. It feels rushed. The few action sequences were also broken. You were pinned down to a spot where you just shoot at spawning enemies with limited strategic ability. What a shame because this franchise had so much potential. The game leaves you wanting for a sequel since it feels like an intro to a much more interesting plot. It surely gives a hint that the later story line was already drafted. So disappointing that the sales were not high enough to fix the problems in a sequel and finish the story. The developers have put a lot of artistic and technical talent into it that unfortunately will never get the appreciation they deserved due to a bad game design.

And now I am playing Resi 2 Remake which so far I love it. It is much harder than the original I must say. In the original I could avoid being bitten much easier and my bullets would almost always land on their target. Now precision is much more important, zombies are much harder to die, and they have a far bigger reach. I am playing in normal and it feels like I am playing on hard.

Ugh the only points I can use with fake US address was Nintendo points.

Ms points and Sony rewards points doesn't work.

Anyway, playing beat saber again. Man, PSVR is really comfortable

I'm playing Windows Update which I apparently haven't played since January. It need this game to work so I can play Windows 10 Upgrade and get xbox game pass.
ROFL! My son used to have to do that all the time until I convinced him to quit disabling win 10 updates.

I can't avoid them, so I prefer to schedule 'em and try and keep myself up to date now. I also gotta do it for my wife, but I do it when she's at work so she has no clue what a pain updates can be on a rig that still doesn't have an SSD. ;)

Well I stopped playing it since it stopped working and I didn't care to fix it. Now it's turned into a huge PITA.

Just ran sfc /scannow and if fixed some shit so ima try again.

Bro I think it's working!

No, it did not work :(

I said fuck it for now and went to get RDR2 on Steam then saw it needs 150GB LOL. It will be way faster to physically take my PC to my office and use the 1Gbps fiber than try to download it at home.

Actually ima take this computer to the office and reinstall windows. Wish me luck!

I said fuck it for now and went to get RDR2 on Steam then saw it needs 150GB LOL. It will be way faster to physically take my PC to my office and use the 1Gbps fiber than try to download it at home.

Actually ima take this computer to the office and reinstall windows. Wish me luck!

Good luck (and happy new year !)

I've a 10gb fiber at home, I love steam :eek: (even if it seems it's limited around 1gb/s )

Reinstalled to windows 10 :cool:

RDR2 is cool but my god how to fix this mouse lag? Until I figure that out ima get the xbox game pass and play Outer Worlds.

Good luck (and happy new year !)

I've a 10gb fiber at home, I love steam :eek: (even if it seems it's limited around 1gb/s )
You have a 10Gb NIC? I work for an ISP so I played around with a 10Gb connection and found that no server I tested (other than speed test servers) would serve up data anywhere near that fast.

Path of Exile.

The new season's special mechanic is creating a Frankenstein boss out of dropped body parts and then fighting it. Each part has modifiers that can increase the difficult of the fight as well as increasing the potential rewards. Certain body parts can also guarantee certain types of drops (for example, jewelry...or even better Unique legendary jewelry). IMO, a great way to get gear, especially early in the game. Early game it's much easier to get a body part mod for a Unique (legendary) drop than to just have one drop randomly.

Anyone who likes Diablo style games should give this a try. And if you are new to PoE, using a build someone else has created can be helpful in learning the ropes (the passive skill tree is absolutely bonkers in this game, and its great).

I use https://www.poebuilds.cc/

I'd recommend new players to find a build that sounds like fun that has a "leveling guide." Not all of them do. Also, you don't have to stick to the builds exactly. I deviate quite often if I want to adjust a build to my play style or if I'm not finding the gear they recommend and/or don't feel like trading for gear.

Good guides will describe what the playstyle is like for that build. Some require a more active playstyle (combinations of active skills + flask/potion use to attain max power/efficiency) while some allow for a more relaxed playstyle.

Regards,
SB

You have a 10Gb NIC? I work for an ISP so I played around with a 10Gb connection and found that no server I tested (other than speed test servers) would serve up data anywhere near that fast.

Yeah my lan is 10gb too (most of it, my computer, my mini server and my NAS). I already toped at 8gb/sec in a speedtest, but most of the time I'm around 3-6gb/sec. My isp is using 10G-Epon tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back