Digital Foundry Article Technical Discussion [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And XBox series X presumably.
Not sure Kojima will allow this. Is Death Stranding on Xbox ? Besides, there are going to be 2 SKUs of Xbox for next gen with 2 different specs, yes whether people like it or not, it's going to be the reality. I think many publishers, particularly Japanese ones, will continue to ignore next xboxes.

Maybe you were talking about Horizon Zero dawn ? Even less likely.

Decima on XsX? How? On PC sure.
Why not? XsX is similarly a PC, similar to PS5. Sony already have prior with multiplatform engines. Decima is being used by a third party already; why not more for cross-platform games?
Not sure Kojima will allow this. Is Death Stranding on Xbox ?
Probably not as Sony will have a publishing deal*. I expect the Decima Engine has a high likelihood of appearing on XsX (in response to ultragpu'"can't wait to see Decima on PS5 comment).

* Might even be timed, with a GotY version being released in 2021/2022??

Why not? XsX is similarly a PC, similar to PS5. Sony already have prior with multiplatform engines. Decima is being used by a third party already; why not more for cross-platform games?

I think we thought of 1st party games, you'r right the engine Decima might actually be used in games that land on XSX.

Why didn't he already announce a Xbox release for Death Stranding ?
I don't know. But you've arrived at the reason being Kojima doesn't want it, which doesn't make any sense to me.

There are other reasons like Sony simple not have ported/optimised the engine to Xbox One, or the quid pro quo for using the engine is Kojima not publishing on Xbox One in the same launch window as PS4. A creator not wanting more people to enjoy their creation seems the least likely reason.

I don't know. But you've arrived at the reason being Kojima doesn't want it, which doesn't make any sense to me.

There are other reasons like Sony simple not have ported/optimised the engine to Xbox One, or the quid pro quo for using the engine is Kojima not publishing on Xbox One in the same launch window as PS4. A creator not wanting more people to enjoy their creation seems the least likely reason.
Attempting to constrain Kojima using logic is a futile exercise. Nobody know why he's repeatedly tried to market games in established franchises as being not in that franchise, with cryptic names and even going as far as registering fake companies to disguise them. The reason is because he's Kojima, and that makes as much sense as it's ever going to.

Why isn't DS on Xbox? Because he's Kojima.

Wasn't the one X going to be a GTX1080 killer? I remember something about that. What happened to that. Anyways, MS going to have the most powerfull console, two times One X performance. Sony double that of their premium current gen too, about 8 to 10TFs then? Dont kill me.

Damn that's some promising tech from AMD, guess we will see such things coming in the future. One could get and buy it now but 7000 dollars seems abit expensive :)

Damn that's some promising tech from AMD, guess we will see such things coming in the future. One could get and buy it now but 7000 dollars seems abit expensive :)
I am a little bit affected by beer and fire water now, but I watched the video and my impression is that we will see some of this in the coming consoles. This has been my take on it when I first read the wired article with Mark Cerny on the SSD back in april. Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back