Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likelyhood of people just talk to Nvidia = 0%.

Likelihood of AMD or Nvidia employees talking about their day (i.e., projects, exciting new tech, etc.) with their family or friends = 100%

Just like I have certain amount information dealing with undisclosed military weapon systems. And I have no direct links or dealings with military systems providers.

Most people do not give a shit about the specs of these things outside of console warriors and journalists. Your wife/brother or cousin are not likely to give a damn let alone ask, especially if they know it's not ok for them to talk about it.

Most people's eyes will just glaze over if you start telling them about the speed of nvme vs other solid state formats.

How was your day at work is not likely to lead to 32GB of ram and 12.9 TF as an answer.

Most people do not give a shit about the specs of these things outside of console warriors and journalists. Your wife/brother or cousin are not likely to give a damn let alone ask, especially if they know it's not ok for them to talk about it.

Most people's eyes will just glaze over if you start telling them about the speed of nvme vs other solid state formats.

How was your day at work is not likely to lead to 32GB of ram and 12.9 TF as an answer.

I will even say than only a part of hardcore gamer cares about power. For many other gamer price, games are more important.

Mental note: get married to a GPU engineer, Milk.
Mental note 2: what's Rys up to anyhow?

I will even say than only a part of hardcore gamer cares about power. For many other gamer price, games are more important.

Mental note: get married to a GPU engineer, Milk.
Mental note 2: what's Rys up to anyhow?

Can't agree more, but see all those discussions going on here, and forums around the world :D

So I just checked now Apisak Gonzalo scores. He said 1.8GHz revision scored 2x higher score (20K+) then 1.0GHz, this means Oberon, which has same Ariel GPU clocked at 2.0GHz should score round about ~22K on Firestrike.

This would point at something around ~10TF, since R5 3600 (6 core clocked at 3.8-4.2GHZ) + 5700XT (40CU clocked at 2.0-2.1GHZ) score 22-23K and Flute bench tells us 8 core Zen2 in Gonzalo has 1/4th of cache and scores ~ around R5 3600 @ 4.0GHz.

C5cpUON.png

Last edited:
For CES, I would expect Sony to discuss PS5’s support of HDMI 2.1 and their upcoming TVs.

I think it would make sense for Sony to launch some good gaming TVs and discuss how PS5 will take advantage of that.

it’s been surprising to me that LG and Samsung (lower latency, VRR) both make better gaming TVs than Sony who is a gaming platform holder.

I predict a Sour Grapes Generator in one console, and a Power Arrogance Generator in the other, but we don't know yet which one!

Imagine if they end up identical in every specs... We'll have to invent some magical tech yet to be unlocked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back