Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

Yeah that was pretty hard to beat. I was never great at Spa, but now I have improved a bit and am starting to memorize the track properly :)

I have a G29 and even a racing seat these days. Ironically I don’t drive much, most of my time goes into work, girl and piano etc. But I am switching jobs and actually had some time :)

As expected Lewis Hamilton is crazy fast.

Diamond times are tough, some of them not as tough as others because I managed two (Monza, Dragon Trail).
After I realized I wouldn't be able to do all diamonds I targeted gold on remaining tracks, maximizing reward per time spent.

My side is winning. Give me 120fps or give me death.

Hahaha!
Winning?

I've been "here" since people were happy with their composite cables, holding a RGB-scart in my hand, I've been here with a component-cable providing progressive 480p on my PS2 vs an interlaced image , a VGA box and component to get 720p on selected games on the original Xbox. I've had bloody fights in the 720p vs 1080p era, with "typical living room distances" and this and that.

And now I'm standing here seeing how far we have come. People used to argue for 720p is all you need, now it's "1800p is as good as 4k", or DLSS and such, most people seem to agree that 1440p and up is the way to go.

I'm reveling in victory over here and I'll take these higher framerates as a cherry on my cake :cool::mrgreen::devilish::love:

Meh. GT has much to gain from having proper day night cycles with dynamic lighting and volumetric clouds and weather effects. Drive Club really opened my eyes there.

Meh. GT has much to gain from having proper day night cycles with dynamic lighting and volumetric clouds and weather effects. Drive Club really opened my eyes there.

GT already did dynamic day-night lighting and weather cycles before DriveClub. :p

But yeah, no excuse for it not to come back for GT7. Would be pretty disappointing otherwise.

Anyone here playing Assetto Corsa Competizione on console? Wondering how it compares to GTS (i.e., if better physics compensates for 30fps). I'll be A/B'ing it myself in a few days, albeit with a gamepad to start with.

Edit: Don’t want to clog this thread with another post of slightly OT talk and I haven’t played enough to warrant a new thread, but ACC is interesting on a Pro. It’s obviously 30fps, especially back to backing it with GTS. It’s also much less forgiving than GTS on a controller, judging by my Brands Hatch lap times (though I don’t know if the Gr.3 911 GT3 is identical to ACC’s version).

Apparently you can unlock the 30fps framerate limiter on a 4k screen by starting the game in 4k, then (with the game running, I think just getting to the title screen is enough but maybe you have to load a track) hitting the PS button and changing to 1080p. This obviously drops the res but also unlocks the framerate, apparently hitting 40-50fps. Surprising it can get that high even with (I believe) 1/2 or 1/3 rate physics (111 or ~166 vs 333Hz), annoying it isn’t an toggleable option considering just running it as a PS4 title on PS5 may get it to 60fps.

Last edited:
Anyone here playing Assetto Corsa Competizione on console? Wondering how it compares to GTS (i.e., if better physics compensates for 30fps). I'll be A/B'ing it myself in a few days, albeit with a gamepad to start with.

Edit: Don’t want to clog this thread with another post of slightly OT talk and I haven’t played enough to warrant a new thread, but ACC is interesting on a Pro. It’s obviously 30fps, especially back to backing it with GTS. It’s also much less forgiving than GTS on a controller, judging by my Brands Hatch lap times (though I don’t know if the Gr.3 911 GT3 is identical to ACC’s version).

Apparently you can unlock the 30fps framerate limiter on a 4k screen by starting the game in 4k, then (with the game running, I think just getting to the title screen is enough but maybe you have to load a track) hitting the PS button and changing to 1080p. This obviously drops the res but also unlocks the framerate, apparently hitting 40-50fps. Surprising it can get that high even with (I believe) 1/2 or 1/3 rate physics (111 or ~166 vs 333Hz), annoying it isn’t an toggleable option considering just running it as a PS4 title on PS5 may get it to 60fps.

If you want to be serious about sims, don't play AC/ACC on consoles. They are and meant to for PC's. The console version is just a revenue stream.

While GT might be behind the physics curve compared to AC/ACC/RF2, you'll have a better experience on a console with it than a more PC centric sim on a console.

Something like Project Cars 2 could be a nice inbetween on a console. A step up from GT but not at a hardcore sim level still and it was designed with consoles in mind.

Last edited:
I do 6 mn 44 sec in the circuit experience
Hadn't done the Circuit experience since the map was released. On my first clear lap I did a 6m45.7s and on my second clear lap I did a 6m43.2 :)

e3e48950-dbf4-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84.jpg

Last edited:
What your fastest times at Nürburgring with any GT3? GT Sport of course.
I’ve done most of the circuit training on it but haven’t committed to a full run. I’m not great, usually qualifying ~4% off the top times in the daily races according to kudosprime. I’ll let you know when I do fumble thru the Ring. :D

If you want to be serious about sims, don't play AC/ACC on consoles. They are and meant to for PC's. The console version is just a revenue stream.
True, as evidenced by Aris having to try the console version to answer a viewer question. Still, I found a cheap copy with the extra track pack (can’t wait to try Bathurst), so it was worth a shot. I’m also going to get a PS5, so slight gamble that it’ll hit 60fps on that. And I liked the idea of A/Bing the common tracks.

Something like Project Cars 2 could be a nice inbetween on a console. A step up from GT but not at a hardcore sim level still and it was designed with consoles in mind.
I actually have PCars 2, but on PC. I’m all mixed up.

Last edited:
Personally I thought Project Cars 2 driving model was crap, and I have it on PC. ACs driving model is far better.

I think GT Sport’s driving model is still very good.

Personally I thought Project Cars 2 driving model was crap, and I have it on PC. ACs driving model is far better.

I think GT Sport’s driving model is still very good.
On PS4 it's terrible. I struggled getting my G29 sorted out even resorting to YT videos for help and eventually just stopped playing it after a few hours.

I’ve done most of the circuit training on it but haven’t committed to a full run. I’m not great, usually qualifying ~4% off the top times in the daily races according to kudosprime. I’ll let you know when I do fumble thru the Ring. :D
I only bought the G29 SW last year and spent a year play with the DS4 and was rather quick with it. However the SW really does make you go faster. With the DS4 I would play with TC on 2 or 1 however with the SW I either have TC off or on 1 depending on the car. I finished all the Circuit Experience when I bought the game. My original time with the controller on The Ring was just under the Gold time. :) However I played a bunch with the DS4 on the Ring and with the Porsche GT3 I got low 6m4x. I have my YT video on the Ring with the DS4 and with the G29.

I do 6 mn 44 sec in the circuit experience
Current best is ~7:00, so ~3 sec from gold.

There is still couple of slightly tighter turns which surprise me once in a while.
Almost like if the track would venture too close to the oldest house and it would shift turns locations a bit..

So not consistent enough yet and break too much in wrong turns etc.
Still quite surprised how easy it feels now. (Except those surprise turns..)

The hardest parts seem to be the early turns and the area between carousel and the long straight.

On PS4 it's terrible. I struggled getting my G29 sorted out even resorting to YT videos for help and eventually just stopped playing it after a few hours.

I only bought the G29 SW last year and spent a year play with the DS4 and was rather quick with it. However the SW really does make you go faster. With the DS4 I would play with TC on 2 or 1 however with the SW I either have TC off or on 1 depending on the car. I finished all the Circuit Experience when I bought the game. My original time with the controller on The Ring was just under the Gold time. :) However I played a bunch with the DS4 on the Ring and with the Porsche GT3 I got low 6m4x. I have my YT video on the Ring with the DS4 and with the G29.
Similar to my time with the DS4. I really need to buy a SW. I think I should be able to dramatically improve my laps.

I have never driven high-speed on a circuit. but does the cars really make those tire noises in the turn.
It really annoys me and its seems unrealistic, but that is just my perception. I assume polyphone actually knows, but still annoying sounds.

Yes, car tyres really do make that noise. The tyres start screaming when at the edge of their grip levels is reached on the road. Example below.

Race car tyres screech more as the cars are driven on the limit and they are designed to maintain that limit by gripping better to the road i.e. slick tyres.

Similar to my time with the DS4. I really need to buy a SW. I think I should be able to dramatically improve my laps.
nope, you will improve feeling and enjoyment of game but there are many very fast top split players using ds4 ;) in this game you can be as fast on pad as on wheel

Back