Retail PS5 GPU Spec friendly wager [2019-12-10] *spawn*

...I can't see any reason for a maximum. If someone wants to bet a $1 million donation, that'd go some way towards the costs of our next Annual Moderator Vegas Extravaganza.

For a $100k bet, you'd need an escrow service. I suppose someone trustworthy, with years of presence on B3D, and a ridiculously large post count, could take hold of both parties' $100k and confirm they have received both parties' money. Then that person could not disappear strangely never to be seen again but instead pay the whole $200k to whoever wins. That's definitely a really sensible idea. :yep2:

I would like to volunteer for this position.

I can assure everyone that I am absolutely not eyeing up expensive hookers and high grade cocaine. I would assuredly not use said money to escape the view from my bedsit:
722383674dde99747eee84ae2a303311.jpg

I sourced that picture as a joke, but on reflection, it's pretty accurate. There are bins around the side of my block of flats, and they're overflowing for at least 10 days between collections, meaning there are regularly half a dozen rats scurrying out of the way when I walk past. If I'm going that way, I make sure not to wear my shoes with holes in the soles because I worry I'll get bubonic plague or rat AIDS.[/spoilers]

Haha.

@Globalisateur what's the maximum you're willing to seriously contribute to B3d? Emphasis on serious!
Seems like the limit for single paypal transaction is $10k. Are you up for $10k donation bet? I do whatever you can handle.
10€. Seriously. I am usually not a gambler (and I really have a family to feed). But I am willing to contribute to Beyond3D for the suffering I caused them during those last years. :yep2:

If you want we can do a simple bet without the clocks. Just the number of activated CUs on the current devkit and future retail machine of PS5, I say 48, you seem to say 40 ? If we both lose, then we'll both give beyond3D 10€ (or $10 for you).

10€. Seriously. I am usually not a gambler (and I really have a family to feed). But I am willing to contribute to Beyond3D for the suffering I caused them during those last years. :yep2:

If you want we can do a simple bet without the clocks. Just the number of activated CUs on the current devkit and future retail machine of PS5, I say 48, you seem to say 40 ? If we both lose, then we'll both give beyond3D 10€ (or $10 for you).

36/40.

You're on. :cool:

I think that's the difference between the base and Pro models. To be doubly clear, and to ensure there are no technicalities, are you both agreeing to your CU counts as being applicable only to the base model?

My bets are only for base PS, see title.
What's "base" here?

If the PS5 comes in with 2 tiers and there's a low end version with 36 CUs at 1.8GHz, are you saying that's the "base"?

Back