Next Generation Hardware Speculation with a Technical Spin [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't understand DF saying it has twice the volume as XBX. XBX is 4320cm³. Series X is 6750cm³.

I guess the area being actively cooled could be twice the volume, given the SX's design?

Last edited:
The most impressive feature is not the power but to keep the console as silent as the Xbox One X. If sony is on the same range of power and does no care. :(

PS5 to come with noise cancelling headphones :D

f761e99a-de15-4792-bf73-b344768f7e64__31837.1560110951.jpg

I play only late at night because the PS4 Pro noise get on the nerve of my wife.
Never had issues with mine, and I live in what can be best described as a walk-in closet.

There seems to be a lot of variance not only in how loud the Pros get, but also the pitch of the noise. Mine makes a fairly low pitched rumble, but I've seen some with a high pitched whine that can get annoying really fast.

"The power level should be extraordinary."

300W confirmed.
Yea I didn't think they would break the rules on TDP here. But I suppose this was the only way.
Richard put it well. Increase the thermals get the power.

Going wide is just too costly with respect to silicon usage. Improvements on the Hovis method + a better cooling system could net the same result with a smaller chip. Whole pipeline moves faster; bottlenecks are a smaller issue to tackle.

Phil always talks like this, it means nothing.

I'm still in the 10TF +/- 20% camp. :LOL:
I mean; when you've got DF (who is slower to report but has more integrity to verify) corroborating Windows Central and everyone is saying 12 TF. The chances are looking very likely that it's 12TF whether Phil backed it or not.

Last edited:
I mean; when you've got DF (who is slower than other sites) corroborating Windows Central and everyone is saying 12 TF. The chances are looking very likely that it's 12TF whether Phil backed it or not.
DF said they have corroboration of 12TF navi? Or are they speculating based on the info going around?

10TF navi would absolutely break wattage records already.

DF said they have corroboration of 12TF navi? Or are they speculating based on the info going around?

10TF navi would absolutely break wattage records already.
DF said they have their own sources at 12 TF. The details from their sources corroborate with Windows Central according to the article.

I asked Microsoft for clarification on its current-gen multiplier comparisons with Series X, but the firm declined to commit in the here and now to a precise figure. However, our information is that the GPU is indeed 12TF and what are almost certainly well-sourced leaks from Windows Central back this up.

DF said they have their own sources at 12 TF. The details from their sources corroborate with Windows Central according to the article.

DF also tends to be very conservative on their predictions. In their post-reveal video they seemed almost sure that 2x Scorpio meant ~9TFLOPs + RDNA optimizations.
For them to admit it might be 12 TFLOPs after all, it must be because they're pretty confident of their sources.

DF also tends to be very conservative on their predictions. In their post-reveal video they seemed almost sure that 2x Scorpio meant ~9TFLOPs + RDNA optimizations.
For them to admit it might be 12 TFLOPs after all, it must be because they're pretty confident of their sources.
Yep; i put a lot more faith into them than wccftech or any forum insider. They do good work and are bound to have a lot more sources (direct line to developers with their past history of evaluating the performance of titles) than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back