GART: Games and Applications using RayTracing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inventor's "Realistic View" seems like a denoiser running ray tracing real time, is that a correct assumption?
Luxion Keyshot9 does feature rt core acceleration for denoising/ray tracing within the application.

War Thunder patch adds RT effects
Gaijin Entertainment has released a new update for War Thunder. According to the developers, Update 1.95 brings an upgraded graphical engine with stunning Ray Traced Global Illumination, HDR support and a physical spark system. In addition, this new update adds brand new Swedish Aircraft tech tree, the first Swedish tanks, ten new vessels; Admiral Graf Spee and Prinz Eugen amongst others, as well as two new locations. Gaijin has also reworked the game’s sound system. As such, the team was able to reduce the CPU load via sound processing block optimization and new RAM compression methods. Moreover, Gaijin has made composition changing of a large number of sound events in order to reduce the number of simultaneously playing sound assets. Update 1.95 also changes aiming mechanics for AI controlled AA guns of medium calibres. It also adds a new option “Fix gun direction in mouse view”. This option allows you to block turrets and guns rotation for ground vehicles and naval vessels while in mouse view.

(3:50 for the rtx stuff)

Last edited:
NVIDIA Unveils Raytracing Technology Coming to Ring of Elysium, Boundary, and Other Games

In the realm of gaming at GTC 2019 world tour in Suzhou, six new RTX games were announced with cutting-edge implementations of high-fidelity, immersive ray-traced effects and a new Minecraft with NVIDIA RTX Creators Ray Tracing Showcase video was released.

Bright Memory: Infinite: Bright Memory: Episode 1 launched on Steam early 2019 to incredible success, surprising its sole developer, who had made the action game as a demo for a longer series of connected Bright Memory episodes. Now, the newly formed FYQD-Studio Team is redeveloping and remastering Episode 1 by scrapping the episodic model to instead make one longer game: Bright Memory Infinite. At GTC, the latest demo was shown for the project, demonstrating stunning real-time ray-traced effects.

Project X: Project X is a new ray-traced action shooter from popular anime game developer Mihoyo, coming in mid-2021. The game features next-gen anime-style rendering and advanced interactive physics on a spherical open-world planet. Attendees at GTC were able to see the exclusive first-look of how ray tracing will be implemented within the upcoming game.

Convallaria: Convallaria is a fast-paced battle royale game featuring both shooter and action game elements in development by indie developer Loong Force. The game pits 100+ players against each other in large, open-world dungeons filled with colorful fantasy scenes and dreamlike level designs. The game is slated for a 2020 launch and we have the first screenshots of ray tracing enabled in game below.
Convallaria-Screenshot-1211201902.jpg

Ring of Elysium: Tencent’s battle royale shooter Ring of Elysium places players on an island where you will have to do whatever it takes to stay alive. The game is already available to play on Steam, and an update will bring ray tracing to the game.

Boundary: In Boundary, players will traverse a realistic space environment enhanced by ray-tracing for an unprecedented, omnidirectional zero gravity shooting experience. This space shooter, from Surgical Scalpels Studio, will launch on PC next year. For now, enjoy a sneak preview of RTX within the game.
1-RTXON.jpg

F.I.S.T.: Set in an original dieselpunk world, F.I.S.T. has you take on the role of a heroic rabbit who uses a giant mechanical fist to dispose of his enemies. Developer TiGames has packed this hardcore arcade-style Metroidvania game with multiple weapons, combos, and upgradable skills to help you defeat enemies and tackle the various challenges hidden throughout the sophisticated and interconnected map. Ray tracing will enhance the game’s realistic environments.

Xuan-Yuan Sword VII: SOFTSTAR’s Xuan-Yuan Sword series has been delighting Chinese RPG fans since 1990. For its upcoming release, the developer intends to add ray tracing to increase the immersion, image quality, and realism of the game.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/gtc-china-2019-ray-tracing-games/

Last edited:
This November, several Minecrafters were invited to experience Minecraft with NVIDIA RTX on. Check out the ray-traced worlds they created in only two days.

Some Pascal vs Turing RTX numbers in recent games:

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare (DXR shadows)
@2160p, 2080Ti is 3 times faster than 1080Ti, the 2060 is 60% faster
@1440p, 2080Ti is 2.2 times faster than 1080Ti, the 2060 is 50% faster
@1080p, 2080Ti is 2 times faster than 1080Ti, the 2060 is 25% faster

Also the 1080Ti is only 25% faster than 1660Ti at all resolutions, indicating the importance of split FP32 and INT32 units in ray tracing performance.

Control (DXR Shadows, Reflections, AO, Indirect Lighting)
@2160p, 2080Ti is 3.7 times faster than 1080Ti, the 2060 is 2 times faster
@1440p, 2080Ti is 3.7 times faster than 1080Ti, the 2060 is 90% faster
@1080p, 2080Ti is 3.2 times faster than 1080Ti, the 2060 is 70% faster

Also the 1080Ti is only 15% faster than 1660Ti at all resolutions, indicating the importance of split FP32 and INT32 units in ray tracing performance.

Some Pascal vs Turing RTX numbers in recent games:

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare (DXR shadows)
@2160p, 2080Ti is 3 times faster than 1080Ti, the 2060 is 60% faster
@1440p, 2080Ti is 2.2 times faster than 1080Ti, the 2060 is 50% faster
@1080p, 2080Ti is 2 times faster than 1080Ti, the 2060 is 25% faster

Also the 1080Ti is only 25% faster than 1660Ti at all resolutions, indicating the importance of split FP32 and INT32 units in ray tracing performance.

Control (DXR Shadows, Reflections, AO, Indirect Lighting)
@2160p, 2080Ti is 3.7 times faster than 1080Ti, the 2060 is 2 times faster
@1440p, 2080Ti is 3.7 times faster than 1080Ti, the 2060 is 90% faster
@1080p, 2080Ti is 3.2 times faster than 1080Ti, the 2060 is 70% faster

Also the 1080Ti is only 15% faster than 1660Ti at all resolutions, indicating the importance of split FP32 and INT32 units in ray tracing performance.
interesting. Was honestly expecting the difference to be even larger than this. Like in the 6-10x range for Control. But perhaps I'm not thinking critically about it enough here.

Just tried Wolfenstein: Youngblood on my 2080Ti, @4K RTX max settings, with no DLSS or VRS, you can do 50fps, with occasional drops to 45fps. Which is awesome, idTech is really well suited for RT, the game pretty much renders RT reflections everywhere, even on the guns and the armors of the characters, all metallic or shiny surfaces are reflective, it's all neat. @1440p, it's almost locked to 90fps! I am really very optimistic about the Doom Eternal implementation now.

DLSS @Quality helps pump 4K from 50fps to 70fps, it's the new DLSS version too so IQ is very decent.

"Here's your suit of armor and assault weapon soldier"
"Thanks... wait I can't see myself in my armor, how am I supposed to do my hair in the morning?"
"Sir, guns and armor really shouldn't be reflective..."
"I WANT DISCO BALL ARMOR, NOW!"

Boundary: In Boundary, players will traverse a realistic space environment enhanced by ray-tracing for an unprecedented, omnidirectional zero gravity shooting experience. This space shooter, from Surgical Scalpels Studio, will launch on PC next year. For now, enjoy a sneak preview of RTX within the game.

1-RTXON.jpg

Is this an example of RT reflections in the timestamp?

I am asking because it's showing two cylindrical bodies exhibiting real time dynamic reflections, is that possible without RT?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back