Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The targets that third party studios had been working on since 2018 was 10TF+ Navi for Scarlett. It was only within the last month that MS briefed the studios on the new 12TF target. Internally the target was 12TF, and had been that since late 2018.
The reason that MS didn't share the 12TF target externally was because they weren't sure they could hit that. The Arden SOC had only recently finished OQA, where as Ariel finished OQA 6 months earlier. There was a chance that thermals/ yields looked bad for Arden and they had to keep the target at 10TF.

PS5 devkits: 40CUs at 2.0+ghz = ~10.5 TF, which was XB1S to XB1 type of difference over the old 10TF Anaconda targets.

As for Klee, he has sources and he was correct in the past, but new information comes out that can directly contradict his source. i.e. Lockhart being cancelled. His PS5 ahead of Anaconda was completely accurate at one time, but it's probably not the case anymore with 12 vs 10.5. Unless Sony sandbagged a higher performing APU for such a situation!

He also stated that both next gen consoles have VRS. Something else to keep an eye out for in the upcoming months. If PS5 lacks it then he is in real trouble on Era.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd-rdna-2-gpu-dx12-variable-rate-shading-xbox-series-x

^^^ Not sure if searching in Vulkan and Linux driver reveals anything, as PS5 likely uses GNM.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/12/12/microsoft-unveils-xbox-series-x/
So Dukeblueball right ;)? Since when did you become an insider, you didn't get verified on Era now did you:rolleyes:? If what you stated is fact then why didn't you break it to them, or is it because you openly admitted that you never had a source?
Eyes are everywhere my friend.
a5f8e9765a371839b396ece0a34b3a992bc49fd7752ef235fd17ee0065f7d9e1.jpg

So Dukeblueball right ;)? Since when did you become an insider, you didn't get verified on Era now did you:rolleyes:? If what you stated is fact then why didn't you break it to them, or is it because you openly admitted that you never had a source?
a5f8e9765a371839b396ece0a34b3a992bc49fd7752ef235fd17ee0065f7d9e1.jpg

This is beyond3d. This thread is baseless next gen speculation!

There's no need for anyone here to prove their credentials. Every opinion or idea posted is that of a (largely unknown) individual to be taken as you see it. The remit here isn't to predict tech or be right, but to have good discussion, and good discussion can be around wrong premises as long as it's logical and the argument well founded.

It doesn't matter whether Proelite or fehu or anyone else has insider info or not when they post. You shouldn't be believing it or building a mental model of the future boxes. You shouldn't be trying to ascertain now which console will be 'most powerful'. That's what the rest of the internet is about, but not B3D.

So ~10.5 TF PS5 devkit is pure speculation from you, got it. You made it sound like it's all fact with the way you wording them so there's your problem.

I believe it as fact. Whether or not you do is up to you.

My PS5 ~ RTX 2080 post received less scrutiny. Perhaps I was baselessly speculating that too. :LOL:

Last edited:
Just trying to get this straight, MS didn't disclose the 12 TF internal target to any devs other than your source in July, everyone else got the 10 TF target right?

My source is not external. Everyone else got the 10TF due to the reason I gave above. They weren't sure they can hit 12TF.

I believe it as fact. Whether or not you do is up to you.

My PS5 ~ RTX 2080 post received less scrutiny. Perhaps I was baselessly speculating that too. :LOL:

MS device more powerfull isn't directly popular but people have to accept it.

You may not believe me but at least I am consistent. :LOL: I didn't get the full picture back then so I couldn't provide much details. Obviously I came into more info recently.

Well, you had the 12tf called before the unveil, i put more trust in you then resetera leakers. 12tf vs 10tf, vrs also on ms side.
Do you happen to know what Os xbox will have, W10? I want that thing as a living room pc/media center.

My source is not external. Everyone else got the 10TF due to the reason I gave above. They weren't sure they can hit 12TF.
I see. But what's strange is how come Klee still stands firm with his initial claim even after the 12 TF reveal? I guess a few factors might be possible. PS5 devkts had more updates thus possibly increased specs as their target spec is ever changing too. PS5 went from 10.5 to 13 TF in such a span of time and leap frogged Anaconda again? I just find it hard to believe when Klee could mess up simple detail changes such as this from his own source. Like you said, Klee could well be right at one point but probably shouldn't outright label his current stance wrong since we don't know the full context right?

MS device more powerfull isn't directly popular but people have to accept it.

Well, you had the 12tf called before the unveil, i put more trust in you then resetera leakers. 12tf vs 10tf, vrs also on ms side.
Do you happen to know what Os xbox will have, W10? I want that thing as a living room pc/media center.

I can't confirm VRS being MS exclusive. As for the OS, I don't think it's going to be that much different from current gen. IMO

Forget about him, this is B3D not resetera.

I can't confirm VRS being MS exclusive. As for the OS, I don't think it's going to be that much different from current gen. IMO

Ah ok, because it was MS patented, they seem to have VRS secured, boosting that 12TF advantage even more. CPU clocks are probably higher too @3.5ghz, as MS seems to have a very good cooling solution, already showed by the one X how potent their hardware design team is.
That in combination with probably a better RT soft/hardware implementation, we have a solidy more powerfull box then Sony has. The tables are turned this coming generation.

Btw, your profile says Redmond location, close to MS huh? :p

I happen to believe ProElite. And euhm, it is the baseless section :)
But why do you even think about what's the most powerful? I don't understand the value in that discussion. Generally, console predictions go along what tech might be in them and it's the challenging of trying to work through the options to nail the final spec before release that makes up the joy of B3D's debate. "Will VRS/RT feature or not?" What's the purpose in identifying which is the 'most powerful'? What do you get from this discussion in hearing something like XBSX has more flops and VRS over and above PS5?

The whole power thing is something I think, or at least hope, most of us here have moved on from. Paper specs don't always translate well to the screen, and machines can be most powerful in different ways. Honestly, it's just a really boring line of talk.

For me, the big news here is XBSX's design and the possibility of it being really cool and quiet! And all gen BC would be impressive seeing as XBO is only Bc with a select few OXB titles (which came as a disappointment when I got one!). With 12 TFs confirmed (not baseless rumour now), we can talk about how MS are doing that, what sort of temps, what size die, predict costs and pricing etc. I get the rest of the world with a need to see their preferred brand 'in front' are going to be eager to be able to boast about machine superiority early on, but I don't see why anyone at B3D would want to spend time typing such sentiments. I don't see what it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back