Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

Maybe they can reduce the volume by a 3rd with less cooling and no disc drive? Assume they'll keep the same form factor as that's their signature for this gen.

Or they'll pull a digital edition and just not cut out the drive slot.

Waiting for Xbox SEX SAD edition

(Xbox Series X S All Digital)

Did Phil Spencer mention ray tracing during the reveal?

Did Phil Spencer mention ray tracing during the reveal?

Yes. It's somewhere in the Xbox News or GameSpot interviews. I think the snippets already included in this thread cover it.

Slightly different wording on the official Xbox news page: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/12/12/microsoft-unveils-xbox-series-x/

Its industrial design enables us to deliver four times the processing power of Xbox One X in the most quiet and efficient way, something that is critically important in delivering truly immersive gameplay. We also designed Xbox Series X to support both vertical and horizontal orientation.

Powered by our custom-designed processor leveraging the latest Zen 2 and next generation RDNA architecture from our partners at AMD, Xbox Series X will deliver hardware accelerated ray tracing and a new level of performance never before seen in a console. Additionally, our patented Variable Rate Shading (VRS) technology will allow developers to get even more out of the Xbox Series X GPU and our next-generation SSD will virtually eliminate load times and bring players into their gaming worlds faster than ever before.

We are minimizing latency by leveraging technology such as Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and giving developers new functionality like Dynamic Latency Input (DLI) to make Xbox Series X the most responsive console ever.

One Console, Four Generations of Gaming

One of the things we’re most proud of with Xbox Series X is the promise we’re delivering to our fans who have and continue to invest with Xbox. Thanks to backward compatibility, you can expect your gaming legacy, thousands of your favorite games across four generations of gaming, all your Xbox One gaming accessories, and industry-leading services like Xbox Game Pass to be available when you power on your Xbox Series X in Holiday 2020.​

On a more serious note, I kind of like the form factor. Definitely doesn't look like a traditional console.

And LOL @ the "boners and sex" commentary. No way PS5 can compete with that. LOL.

"It's good to play together"
Jump In "Take the plunge"
"Coming soon"
"Christmas comes only once a year"
"Starting at $499"
"Play with it standing or on its side"
"Sharing is caring"

I'm going to need a little while before I continue.

"Fisting is 300 bucks"

Oh wait that might be from something else.

bOsdyk3.jpg

So, for example, it could be something like

Xbox Series X
  • Xbox XL
  • Xbox XS
  • Xbox XLR
  • Etc.
The name of each individual console doesn't necessarily have to be Xbox Series X(something) or Xbox Series (something).

My guess is this is the way they're going. The individual consoles won't be called Series X - it simply denotes that there's a series of consoles that are grouped together, much as you have above. If they launch of different segment entirely - let's say an Xbox console(s) explicitly designed for XCloud then they'll call it Series C or something. I think it's just their mechanism for clearly separating a growing range of gaming devices.

Maybe.

Back