The Annual Video Game Awards [2019 Edition]

12 minute walking simulator confirmed :p
Lol.
Lemme watch this. Love speed runs. Most involve some crazy glitching to work; but always awesome to watch.

nuts I didn’t even know that was an ending choice. I had to do additional stuff after saving hope.
Man. The power of loading screens

Last edited:
And that is why I'd rather have some loading screens instead of fake gameplay mechanics to hide loading or forced videos that go on for hours.
Yea the speed runners call it anti-speed run measures lol.
Oddly, quite a few in Halo 5, didn't realize it until watching the gates they had to pass. But these guys kill this game.

1 hr 25m for a legendary run

Which shows you don't know how the awards work. ;) *

Nominations are from the industry, not committee. Around 50 publications and 'influencers' and industry organisations are approached for the nominations. From these collective results, the most common are short-listed before being voted on by the panel. Far fairer than these other competitions where you have to pay to enter or where votes come from friends in the biz.

Death Stranding's presence is because lots of people felt it deserved to be considered for these awards.

* That doesn't make you an uneducated idiot though!

He's part of the organizing committee and the votes are anonymous, which means unless there's a third party regulator (there isn't) he could do whatever he wants with the results.

Any competition that wants to take itself seriously will have rules that forbid the organizing committee from taking part in it.
Geoff Keighley should never put himself in the position of organizing an award ceremony where he (or a game he's part of) has a chance to win.

His decision to be part of Death Stranding's cast should have always been exclusive to the decision to be part of the organizing committee of these game awards. Or at the very least, Death Stranding shouldn't have been nominate-able once Geoff Keighley was made part of the game's cast.

In my particular opinion, Geoff Keighley's game awards should exist (to me they're more fun to watch than anything else) and Death Stranding should be a strong contender to many awards. It's Keighley who shouldn't have put himself into this position by becoming part of the game as a voice + motion capture actor.

Like this, he's just poisoning his own well and casting doubt into every one of Death Stranding's awards, as well as the awards show's legitimacy.

I agree and that's generally how it's done, with members of the organising body being prohibited from entering. I doubt Keighly would doctor the results as he's worked hard at legitimising games and these awards as a professional and meaningful industry, but that won't stop the nay-sayers from having this ammo to discredit the game, and he should have been aware of that and stepped aside or declined involvement in DS. Although I imagine neither occurred to him at the time - they aren't directly linked, and it's only after the fact you see a conflict of interests.

So this starts in 30 minutes or so...

OK, I did not expect Project Scarlet's name to be announced here, nor to see what it looks like. It's certainly not large if that controller is anything to go by. Also, you can see that it's optimized for efficient airflow similar to that one Mac that had air exit out the top.

Xbox Series X

So, hints that it's not just one machine.

Also, Ninja Theory's real game for Microsoft looks amazing. That was in engine.

Regards,
SB

So the best part of The VGA 2019 show was a trailer teasing "The Wolf Among Us 2"

wolf-2.jpg

So the best part of The VGA 2019 show was a trailer teasing "The Wolf Among Us 2"

wolf-2.jpg

Yep, even if it got leaked before the show, that was really good news!
One of the best from telltale it deserved a sequel.

So.... Who bought them?

Yep, even if it got leaked before the show, that was really good news!
One of the best from telltale it deserved a sequel.

So.... Who bought them?

LCG Entertainment according to this VentureBeat: https://venturebeat.com/2019/08/28/lcg-entertainment-game-veterans-buy-telltale-games/

Now it will be born again, as Los Angeles-based LCG Entertainment will operate it under the Telltale Games name.

CEO Jamie Ottilie and chief revenue officer Brian Waddle are the founders of LCG, and the acquisition came about thanks to a pool of investors and advisers consisting of well-known names in the games industry, such as Chris Kingsley, Lyle Hall, Tobias Sjögren, Athlon Games (as a shareholder and publishing partner), and several additional partners.

Under the deal, LCG purchased the defunct studio’s key assets, trademarks, technology, and select intellectual properties with the intent of rereleasing some of the games from the studio’s back catalog and developing new works in some of the company’s best-selling brands.​

I love Xbox doing something different with the form factor. Now give us the V PS5 Sony and we have some welcome fresh air in both console designs (although PS5 V looks better).

The whole show was terrible. How can you construct a totally crappy show from the beginning to the end? Why do gamers like us let ourselves be represented by people like Geoff Keighley? In addition there are stars like Steph Curry who indirectly showed what they think of the whole event. Then there were appearances of Asian developers who for some reason are not subtitled.

Then there were appearances of Asian developers who for some reason are not subtitled.
Isn't it streamed live? You don't really want to try and translate and subtitle live. And they had translators with them anyway?

Back