Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or AMD. Or some middleware provider working with both sets of the latest hardware.
Unlikely. That’s not how partner solutions work and if MS or Sony found out that AMD was the leak I’m sure the penalties are massive for breach of contract. Each team is fully isolated from the other. They have no clue what other team members are working on; they aren’t even allowed in each other’s working areas or floors.

Or AMD. Or some middleware provider working with both sets of the latest hardware.
AMD possibly but I would wonder if they know frequency as that's controlled outside the fab although they probably know targets as well as how silicon sampled. Microsoft is on record on doing a lot of simulation in-house, and I assume the tuning with cooling etc is outside AMD.

Middleware I assume only know hardware features and API calls. Actual performance metrics seems outside the need to know basis.

Even if it is one of thoes two how would they then know what was shared with other partners especially AMD who probably have more leak control and department separation than any other is this hardware chain?

But your point is taken its not a Boolean decision on first / third party.

Still think it's bunkum :)

If this 3.2-3.5 GHz CPU is true, my PC will be in need of a big upgrade is I hope to run things at 144Hz. I still expect many console games to push only 30 FPS.

found in PS3. The cell was a flop for a reason.

Nope. It was lots of flops.

1xbzp6.jpg

Interesting if they can pull this bit off:

and the inclusion of Project XCloud across all Xbox systems will allow you to start gaming via streaming while waiting for games to download locally.

Aye, at least from a UX perspective. Technically it should be trivial: it's no different than starting a download on your X1 or PS4, and then starting up XCloud or PSNow.

But having it do that automatically, as standard, would be a great bonus for any Gamepass/PSNow customers.

Interesting if they can pull this bit off:

and the inclusion of Project XCloud across all Xbox systems will allow you to start gaming via streaming while waiting for games to download locally.
The downside to that being your download will take longer because you're using a lot of bandwidth for the game streaming.

The downside to that being your download will take longer because you're using a lot of bandwidth for the game streaming.

All depends on the width of your pipe. A 15 mbit/s game stream won't phase my downloads more than 4.5% That's an extra 2.7 seconds per minute, or 1 extra minute on a 22 minute download. That 22 minute download would be enough for 51 Gig game.

12TF is ambitious. Quite powerful [and totally not possible on a 40CU part]. Together with 3GHz+ Zen2, gen9 games will easily obliterate anything created for gen8.

9GB for games on Lockhart would make that memory size the new baseline for next gen multiplats.
Well since it targets lower render resolution, it's texture pool and some other buffers will be smaller.

Truly disappointing if Lockhart is 4 Tflops, and even Anaconda with 3x the GPU compute, yet just 16 GB RAM.

smh Microsoft, what ARE you thinking?

12TF is ambitious. Quite powerful [and totally not possible on a 40CU part]. Together with 3GHz+ Zen2, gen9 games will easily obliterate anything created for gen8.

Well since it targets lower render resolution, it's texture pool and some other buffers will be smaller.
Not 4GB lower (Not for many games at least.). From 13GB to 9GB is a lot.
If it runs Minecraft Ray Traced it’s enough mate. Lol
Well, it won't run that at 1080p. Not with 4Tflops. 720p RT games on Lockhart incoming.

Not 4GB lower (Not for many games at least.). From 13GB to 9GB is a lot.

Well, it won't run that at 1080p. Not with 4Tflops. 720p RT games on Lockhart incoming.
It's sufficient.
RT runs on a Minecraft on a 970 without RT hardware. Very little geometry ;) not a lot of intersections.

If we start believing in Pastebin leaks now, then PS5 has been rumored to be >12TF for quite some time. In other words, it’s all bullshit at the moment.

This Tom Warren thing seems slightly more credible than pastebin stuff though. Has the Ring of truth (tm) to me, but of course that doesn't mean it cant turn out to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back