Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you work for Microsoft or why do you spread "Lockart is so good" Idea here?
Why we need lockart when MS already say that Scarlett games also run on the 7 old years Xbox one ? When we have the Xbox one X ? So for what did we need Lockart? For MS Ecosystem? I dont buy a gaming Console in point of an uninteresting Ecosystem, i want to play innovative Games , Exclusives , and a interesting Hardware to have under the TV. You cannot replace good Exclusivgames , innovative Hardware with a chaotic Ecosystem MS have. This is not for me. And you cannot use the full Hardwarepotenzial of Scarlett when the Games must also running on Xbox Lockart, X, One. So its like a PC where the Games must run on different Configurations. Nobody need that ,only Microsoft. This also the reason why the original Xbox Creator from 2001 leaving Microsoft , because he critisize it that MS had the original Xbox Concept destroyed and Microsofted it.

So no , nobody need such a gaming Device that only benefits the interests of a Company , where the Customers are slaves to pay for an stupid Ecosystem and uninteresting play Anywhere Games.

My Money goes to Ps5 and Switch 2 and eventually a good gaming PC.
Yes, I work at MS, thats why I am spreading this idea.

Do you work for Microsoft or why do you spread "Lockart is so good" Idea here?
Why we need lockart when MS already say that Scarlett games also run on the 7 old years Xbox one ?
Woah, seriously? You can't have games on the nextgen Xbox that won't run on the console they released in 2013? Are you sure they said that?

It's interesting to see that Lockhart may still persist. If it does launch aside Scarlett I won't hold my breath. If its sales are low then MS will likely axe it and solely focus on Scarlett.

Woah, seriously? You can't have games on the nextgen Xbox that won't run on the console they released in 2013? Are you sure they said that?

They have made 0 public statements about Lockhart.

I'd be interested to see the receipts for this also.
I've seen, you should be able to play games you own on future hardware.
I've seen no 1X exclusives as there both XO's.
Don't ever remember seeing XO will always and forever play future games..

Lockhart will give people an option to play next gen games at lower resolution. If Sony pushes their exclusives in sub 4K territory, MS can easily do the same and still lower Lockhart to 1080p
What if the trend becomes increasing IQ instead resolution? Say, photorealism+upscaling > 4K. And a 4 TF machine would be just too weak. It may not seem very likely at the moment, but RT is expensive and the benefit of 4K is barely noticable in comparison, especially in the living room.

If so, all you argumentation would break down? (Not that i disagree in general - makes a lot of sense, and i agree games should scale.)

What if the trend becomes increasing IQ instead resolution? Say, photorealism+upscaling > 4K. And a 4 TF machine would be just too weak. It may not seem very likely at the moment, but RT is expensive and the benefit of 4K is barely noticable in comparison, especially in the living room.

If so, all you argumentation would break down? (Not that i disagree in general - makes a lot of sense, and i agree games should scale.)
Well how low do you think theyll go? Pro and X are 2K min, so I think even if they go for 2K in certain titles you can go for 1080p with Lockhart and lower details a bit, should be easy and relatively straight forward.

Obviously if Anaconda and PS5 go far to low then resolution would be unacceptable on Lockhart, but tbh so would be for other two.

Then you have a less prettier Lockhart version.

If your going to use the compute in the manner you say, still scales ok.
Also have things like gpu physics, where most is non interactive, e.g. leaves, so scale back amount of leaves or sparks.

I'm sure there could be a game that is so compute based in the future that it couldn't scale well, or you would have to make such drastic changes its a different game, but those would be few and far between and less likely on Xbox anyway as probably would have trouble with pc port.

I'm also not saying a game like that isn't in a developers mind. I just see it being an example of an edge case.

The higher I hear TF for Anaconda go, always interesting that Lockhart stays at 4TF.

Well how low do you think theyll go? Pro and X are 2K min, so I think even if they go for 2K in certain titles you can go for 1080p with Lockhart and lower details a bit, should be easy and relatively straight forward.

Obviously if Anaconda and PS5 go far to low then resolution would be unacceptable on Lockhart, but tbh so would be for other two.

Personally i think you're right, technically. A 2x difference in TF is not that much.
But i'm not sure, considering with RT reducing res might not help so much in cases where minimal sample count for denoising is not tied to resolution. But ofc. i don't know how RT perf will be at all, or how it evolves beyond current sugar on top.

But tech aside, what i'm worried is something different, an image problem. I'm afraid core gamers that want cutting edge will turn away from XBox, seeing it as budget / casual gaming. Something in limbo between Sony and Nintendo. And if they leave, they become right.
And this is bad, because maybe MS already lacks identity in comparison to those competitors.

I think it would be best to market Anaconda as cutting edge (even if PS ends up faster), with a red color and allowing exclusive games later if becoming necessary. And Lockhart in a green box, just for example, avoiding the promise it will run every XBox game until the end of time.
Additional initial confusion could be better than breaking promises later, or long time constraints. Windows can run anything - XBoxes should too. :)

We will see... looking forward a 2 tier launch in any case.

Reactions: Jay

There was some Quotes on Neogaf Forum from Phil Spencer and Microsoft about this, yes. Or somebody misinterpreted it.

The higher I hear TF for Anaconda go, always interesting that Lockhart stays at 4TF.
Rumours around Scarlett are trash. That’s sort of the problem everyone is facing. The data points are spreading out not converging.

Reactions: Jay
I think it would be best to market Anaconda as cutting edge (even if PS ends up faster), with a red color and allowing exclusive games later if becoming necessary. And Lockhart in a green box, just for example, avoiding the promise it will run every XBox game until the end of time.
Additional initial confusion could be better than breaking promises later, or long time constraints. Windows can run anything - XBoxes should too. :)
Interesting thoughts.

A rolling gen this time around using 1X is hard (impossible in my view), can really only have the usual cross gen development, due to the leaps in CPU and storage.

But next mid gen release, could have Anaconda and up only games but most still works on Lockhart also as the possibility to scale down is probably still there for a long time due to the overall architecture not taking huge jumps.

Also the view that can keep 1X, and use that seems strange as that would be hard to scale down to.
Cost of Lockhart could actually be cheaper or same. No disc drive, no vapor chamber cooling, possibly use those boards in cloud, ssd would cost more most probably though.
Taking into account that it's more powerful, makes better sense to me.

I'd be interested to see the receipts for this also.
I've seen, you should be able to play games you own on future hardware.

Last year around E3 Phil Spencer was doing a lot of interviews with smaller players and committed to "multi-generation hardware" and games being "multi-generational" too. You can find this stated in interviews reported on a bunch of sites you've never heard of. I think people assumed this meant Xbox One would play nextgen Xbox games but Microsoft have met their muti-generational commitment for Xbox One by having it play 360 and OG Xbox games. I think by "multi-generation hardware" he meant intra-generation hardware, i.e more than one significant hardware configuration - which is fulfilled by X.

Phil Spencer does invite this kind of confusion by making some vague statements but I think it is unimaginable that Microsoft would shackle Xbox 4 by requiring games to run on their 2013 configuration.

Phil loves Destiny. It’s his game if the generation. He wants to keep playing Destiny 1-2 when next generation comes around. That’s sort of his spiel about multi generational games. The idea that you don’t need to reboot your library or wait for remasters etc. You just keep playing and it continues from where you left off.

not all that different from PC.

Phil loves Destiny. It’s his game if the generation. He wants to keep playing Destiny 1-2 when next generation comes around. That’s sort of his spiel about multi generational games. The idea that you don’t need to reboot your library or wait for remasters etc. You just keep playing and it continues from where you left off.

not all that different from PC.

If i want to play old games then i keep my old Console to play on it. Many old games have no online/dlc Support anymore , it make no sense to play it on a new Console. The reason to buy a new console is enjoying new Games with better Graphics and Sound, better Gameplay Experiences. I like also Retrogames on my Switch, SNK etc. but these are really Classics like Outrun.
If we can Play Ryse on Xbox Scarlett in 4 K and 120 Fps its ok, but the majority of Gamers want new Games, Game Companys want to sell new Games.

Rumours around Scarlett are trash. That’s sort of the problem everyone is facing. The data points are spreading out not converging.

Yes what do all these "Insiders" do with all they false Promises/Rumors next year when the real Specs are fully open? Did they delete their Accounts? They must sink in Shame, they loss their Reputation, they are not believeable anymore.

Alll these Guys like Kleegamefan, Tom Warren , Jason Schreier , Matt, Thurrot, Albert Pernello , Cboat , Jeff Rigby, Misterxmedia promoting nonsense or false Information. They write about things they have no idea about, or work for an agenda and get paid to play each other's balls, like well-paid trolls and disinformation agents.

Or maybe finally be able to play Ark: Survival Evolved @1080p 60fps. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back