Rage 2 [PS4, XO]

Very poopy compression footage on 4Pro:

Some sorta light bounce on things? Kinda loks like Doom's shaders copy/pasted into Avalanche's engine, but with vibrant colours.

----

hm. No Co-op. Feels like a missed opportunity. Will probably get this on PC at some point later then.

Last edited:

Footage from CohhCarnage on Twitch from about 4 days ago. Fair warning, he's easily distracted. :)

It's the PC version. Not sure if the video footage will be better or not, but he's the first person outside of Bethesda that's been allowed to stream footage from the game. The game looks absolutely fantastic though.

Doom + open world + influences from Just Cause. Looks amazing. I'm not into open world games, but I might give this a shot.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Beat this on a base PS4. Don’t remember any performance issues (unlike, say, Talos Principle, which was obviously and regularly shy of 30fps), though IIRC the menus were laggy and the journals were annoying to scroll through (Control says, “hold my beer”). Story was predictably thin, but the combat was fun. Shooting down the spy drones was way too difficult with a controller. I had fun.

Here we have another game acquired from a local Gamestop GOoB clearance sale. I've been playing on the PS4 Pro. It looks like 1080p 60 but with occasional tearing from adaptive vsync I guess. The visuals are pretty solid overall. The open world is interesting but it's not Days Gone level. I've noticed texture/modeling quality vary considerably and sometimes I see things that are reminiscent of Rage 1's problems caused by early megatexturing. I've also already seen one major cutscene with an invisible NPC model so it's still buggy.

Gameplay seems solid but the story and writing are rather mind numbing. I loved how like the first mission out in the first major town area was to clear a sewer level of mutants. And that bright purple that is used everywhere is a curious thing, almost like an accessibility feature.

Last edited:
Shame about those gamestop's how much were they selling it for?
Yeah 2 of the stores around here closed. I read Gamestop's web sales were way up last year, but they are still doing poorly and so closed a lot of stores. They were selling used games at 50% off and I think it was about $4 in the end.

Not too shabby! They're closing one down by me too maybe I'll swing by today looks like a pretty cool game.

This is the best time for consoles bc all the games are still widely available and deals can be had.

Back