AMD: Zen 2 (Ryzen/Threadripper 3000?, Epyc 8000?) Speculation, Rumours and Discussion

I have a 5700 reference I fail to see what issues it's launch has had. The whole noise thing is massively overstated.

Zen2 issues have really been backwards compat/inter op(you don't see many x570 mb issues) . I would rather that then buying a new mb every processor upgrade.

Ouch, it's a slaughter against Intel at the moment. Also media doing their part, originally Intel and AMD had new HEDT NDAs dropping at the same time, at last moment Intel decided to make theirs end 6 hours early to prevent TR numbers in same reviews. AnandTech refused to release their review until TR NDA is over too, and LinusTechTips, while released their video earlier, had blurred Threadripper results in them (with results arranged from best to worst so everyone knew what's being blurred for sure) and never have I ever seen Linus use such harsh language against anything, compared to what they did to Intel here.

Wow... go Linus. #16 on Trending as well. It's all about having an official set of benchmark publication not containing new Threadripper for marketing purposes over the next year or two. Looking forward to Anandtech.

The pr that had the idea of sending the intel's sample to Linus has already walked the border with mexico and still hasn't stopped running.

Netflix operates on FreeBSD servers equipped with AMD Epyc CPUs and achieves roughly 400 Gbit/s per server. (guru3d.com)
Sept. 21, 2021
According to developer Drew Gallatin, the popular streaming service is powered by AMD Epyc-7502P servers with 32 cores and 256 GB DDR4-3200 RAM. Four 100GbE connections are provided by two Mellanox ConnectX-6 Dx switches. They are running FreeBSD. Because of the restricted amount of memory available, the developer has configured the systems to accommodate data rates of up to 400 Gbit/s.
Additionally, they already have hardware prototypes capable of 800 Gbit/s network connections, although none of these have been tested. Check out his presentation, which can be download here.

index.php

Back