Death Stranding (DC) [PS4, PS5, PC]

I felt the GF reviews was an interesting take on the game as a whole.

I saw this one too. It's a pretty thoughtful video. I like seeing the takes on this game. The back and forth kind of reminds me of Alan Wake. It's very much a love it or hate it game, from what I've seen.

Finished it clocking about 70 hours, mostly because I stopped the mainline to build the entire road 23 and 41, and then tried to get 5 stars everywhere. I wish I could say the platinum is still within my grasp... But no.... Because Kojima did what Kojima does.

Sure the negative reviews are hilarious, but stay away from them if you don't want spoilers.

Finished it clocking about 70 hours, mostly because I stopped the mainline to build the entire road 23 and 41, and then tried to get 5 stars everywhere. I wish I could say the platinum is still within my grasp... But no.... Because Kojima did what Kojima does.

Sure the negative reviews are hilarious, but stay away from them if you don't want spoilers.
Is it difficulty related?

No it's Kojima related.

He does things. Surprising things. Inspiring things. Dramatic things. Poetic things. Emotional things. Irreversible things. I-wish-I-knew-before things.
It's the
Amellie and the beach part in EP13, isn't it? lol

So you have to play the game from the beginning to reach a specific area and do something specific to get the platinum?

It's the
Amellie and the beach part in EP13, isn't it? lol
So you have to play the game from the beginning to reach a specific area and do something specific to get the platinum?
Not really, apparently there are no missable trophies, but I would ideally need to reload a game from about 15h earlier because...
You can't use the roads in the entire 3rd act, and when you come back it's all destroyed. I relied way too much on the roads to let that go. Edit: no wait I'm a dumbass The game went back to the eastern region at the end, which I just forgot about, I just looked at the map thinking all my roads were gone. The roads are in the central region. Yay!
Also I'm missing way too many 5-stars, which are all over the map. Maybe I'll check a walkthrough.

Last edited:
I felt the GF reviews was an interesting take on the game as a whole.

She gets it. It's truly a remarkable game, albeit not for everyone. Change always inspires scepticism but I think Death Stranding will be viewed favourably in the long term :p

It's not often you get to see a AAA project (in all respects) that is also a marketing red flag, hats off to the people involved in this project :yep2:

Last edited:
For those who missed a few things about the story and grand themes because there were quite a lot of interwoven character storylines (I certainly did), this video is a good starting point.

Big spoiler warning obviously.

And their spoiler roundtable discussion is interesting, in case you're still wondering why it's controversial, and why many see it as a unique masterpiece and the best game of the year.

SPOILERS HERE, don't watch unless you finished the game.

Last edited:
Is this also filled with spoilers?
I wont dare playing it until I finish it if yes
Yes, don't watch it! it's all spoilers!

I posted it for those who finished the game and still have questions about what the hell did they just play.

I'm seriously considering getting a cheap PS4 this BF for this games, TLOU2 and try some other games like Horizon or GOW. Is the game worth it? I fucking loved MGS 1-3 but was so dissapointed with MGS4.

George Miller being pretty much on the opposite side of Spielberg's "games cannot be art".

This has to be the best expose about why this game is both controversial and extremely meaningful, without ever going into specifics of the story or mechanics.

(not too much spoilers, context-less shots which don't reveal story)

Last edited:
Finished the game, memorable experience :)

A few things annoyed me (most of all the overcomplicated UI) but they didn't take much away from the experience as a whole.

I think the game could have used 6 months to a year of polish and they could trim about 15-20 hours of fat and the game would've been better for it, but that probably wouldn't fly because of PS5 launch.

love in-engine cut scenes (more games should do it) and delivering in style :))

2e1e3200-1f35-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a.jpg

(pic is linking to playstation servers via https://my.playstation.com/whatsnew hope they don't mind :) )

I haven’t even opened the copy I’ve bought, but I liked ACG’s riff on it (warning: Spanish laughing guy meme):

Started it yesterday, I was waiting for it for a looonng time (and carefully avoided spoilers, even about the gameplay...which was dumb of me), but I was finishing days gone. I've hard time getting into most games, so, I'll push through a little bit more (I hated Days Gone at first, and then loved it). But right now, I'm so bored. The game keep you awake with the need of pressing L2 or R2 for not falling, yeeaahhhh... "Take cover during rain", ok, but their is nothing to take cover to where I am most of the time. And the plot do nothing for me right now, I don't care at all about the characters so far. Having nice cinematics effects doesn't mean it's well written or engaging... Pretty pissed right now. I'll be back :eek:

Started it yesterday, I was waiting for it for a looonng time (and carefully avoided spoilers, even about the gameplay...which was dumb of me), but I was finishing days gone. I've hard time getting into most games, so, I'll push through a little bit more (I hated Days Gone at first, and then loved it). But right now, I'm so bored. The game keep you awake with the need of pressing L2 or R2 for not falling, yeeaahhhh... "Take cover during rain", ok, but their is nothing to take cover to where I am most of the time. And the plot do nothing for me right now, I don't care at all about the characters so far. Having nice cinematics effects doesn't mean it's well written or engaging... Pretty pissed right now. I'll be back :eek:

Well, about the boring beginning. Not a real spoiler, but as you wanted to avoid spoilers. I'm pretty convinved this is not the game for me. A lot of people like it though. Have to respect games that carve their own path and provide unique experiences.

first ~10hours are supposed to be boring. Apparently it's by design to set the stage

It's so when you have to repeat the same gameplay mechanics during hours 30-48 you reminisce about the first 18 hours?

Back