Death Stranding (DC) [PS4, PS5, PC]

This game desperately needs a Photomode, the frames we could snap with this kind of fidelity would make BBC nature docus blush. Step aside RDR2, your landscape ain't got nothing on this.
11ok9v.png

2x1j9s.png

3mwjuo.png

41jkzz.png

5b6j01.png

6zgjvb.png

From what I see, there's nothing on Death Stranding's landscapes either. Just rocks.
The world of DS is not supposed to be littered with life forms tho, to go much in detail would lead to spoiler town. It's all about that pixel quality in this game.

okay, watched more early gameplay.

ITS WAY MORE INTERESTING / LESS BORING than RDR2. I think i'm gonna like this game.

but then the animation keeps bugging me...

i'll wait for the PC version animation to get modded. Even if it will result in less responsive game.

Imagine what Rockstar could have done if they didn't have to include things like trees, Flora, wildlife, highly varied weather, relatively dense Urban environments.

Decima truly is incredible, chapter 4 is really kicking things up a notch with its insane amount of gpu particles, those thick plumes of lingering smoke and explosions puts shame to the likes of Cod and Battlefield. People are underestimating Death Stranding's technical achievement here. The game actually does a lot of things other than just photorealistic rocks and terrains. You got some of the best character rendering, fluid sim, gpu particles, super massive scale enemies and also highly dense grass field that's sorely missing in RDR2. I'm only at Chapter 5 so there might be yet more features I haven't seen and I feel like I'm only scratching the surface here.

I'm only at chapter 5, but I would expect there will be a story explanation about this.
An explanation for the planet no longer spinning and somehow the world's surface isn't obliterated? Now the planet spends half the year in an eternal night/winter? I'm sure the more likely scenario is that it's all baked lighting.

Hehe, the ground is so detailed that it makes the vegetation look extremely fake and unconvincing in this shot. Just looking at how some of the leaves of grass pop out of the ground almost makes me laugh. Thank's for that picture, I needed a good laugh today. :D

Regards,
SB

An explanation for the planet no longer spinning and somehow the world's surface isn't obliterated? Now the planet spends half the year in an eternal night/winter? I'm sure the more likely scenario is that it's all baked lighting.
Those are not mutually exclusive.

The Decima engine support night and day cycle in Horizon Zero Dawn but Kojima productions decided to not use it.

The Decima engine support night and day cycle in Horizon Zero Dawn but Kojima productions decided to not use it.

Also in HZD it is baked, in 6 steps i remember from the DF tech review. DS is a great looking game, better then anything else on PS4, but it does so by being quite barren for the most, leaving GPU headroom for what's there. It doesn't beat SC of what ive seen so far, in the total package.

Imagine what Rockstar could have done if they didn't have to include things like trees, Flora, wildlife, highly varied weather, relatively dense Urban environments.
Imagine what Kojima would have done if he had 20 times more crunch-able man power that what he got for Death Stranding.

20 times more cutscenes + absurd scripts... :LOL:

Last edited:
Back