Is the battery life of the iphone better?

I want to buy a phone with a large battery capacity. I was introduced to Apple phones but I'm confused with the other phone companies?

my phone is dying all the time right now. I'm not sure if I can recommend.

I want to buy a phone with a large battery capacity. I was introduced to Apple phones but I'm confused with the other phone companies?
Apple never have large battery capacity.

Large batt capacity available from Lenovo, xiaomi, Huawei

Looking at the 2018 Consumer Reports smartphone ratings, none of the iPhones got Excellent battery life, depending on the model it's either Good (most of them, including the iPhone X) or Very good (only one was the iPhone 8 Plus). Samsung ranges from Very Good to Excellent (quite a few models). Huawei from Good to Excellent (most were Excellent). Sony was Good to Very Good. LG was Good to Excellent.

Depends on model, of course.

Regards,
SB

on paper the chip and os should be battery friendly..and there benchmark too...but aside from some model ridiculous battery capacity (ex. iphone 8 1800mh lol), most of iphone users i see always either carrying powerbank, or always looking to charge their phone all the time..well all the time might be exaggerated..but compared to other phone, this is the case..other phone user i see had similliar behaviour is samsung

take a look on anadtech newest wifi battery life by @Nebuchadnezzar .
96171.png

source
Asus ROG Phone II take first place because of massive battery capacity 6000mAh vs 3969mAh on iPhone 11 Pro Max. Battery life per mAh blow other brand.

Yeah, I picked up an 11 Pro Max and I go two days between charges and even then I'm still at 50%. I'm sure it will degrade with time, but this sucker is great right now.

Ya there is now a very short list of phones with swappable batteries and virtually none of the high end.

Yeah, I picked up an 11 Pro Max and I go two days between charges and even then I'm still at 50%. I'm sure it will degrade with time, but this sucker is great right now.
Try to avoid discharging it to more than 20% and it will last several times longer. If you also try not to charge it to 100% (much harder to avoid) and stop at 85%, you will gain an order of magnitude in battery life, easily.

In practice, just avoiding deep discharging should be sufficient to achieve very long battery life indeed. Repeatedly draining the battery fully, then charging it to the limit (at high rate to add to the vandalism) will quickly take its toll.

Try to avoid discharging it to more than 20% and it will last several times longer. If you also try not to charge it to 100% (much harder to avoid) and stop at 85%, you will gain an order of magnitude in battery life, easily.

In practice, just avoiding deep discharging should be sufficient to achieve very long battery life indeed. Repeatedly draining the battery fully, then charging it to the limit (at high rate to add to the vandalism) will quickly take its toll.

As an anecdote: my Vaio tablet have an option to limit max charge to 80%.

The battery last for 4 years with almost zero capacity drop (at least according to windows powercfg battery reports)

Finally I replaced the battery, not due to loss of capacity but due to swelling (it lifted the screen off) and I often fly (I'm not comfortable with risking burning the airplane I'm on and killing everyone just because I'm too cheap to replace the battery)

Holy Molly, and that's with WHITE theme right? I phone still doesn't have dark theme right?

I thought iPhone actually does a lot of this stealthily. I remember reading that the iPhone basically charge up to certain point at night and then uses your normal morning routine to pin point when it needs to be at 100%.

The iPhone (actually most phones with decent battery management systems) never initially charges up to full capacity even though it may show 100%. As the battery degrades it release more capacity to try maintain an even experience.

Last edited:
I have a Google Pixel 1 that still does quite well as long as it stays above 40° F. More battery always good though.

I looked at how difficult it is to replace the battery and yeah that is just not worth the effort.

Last edited:
I picked up a Moto G Power. It has a 5000 mAh battery and it seems to be good for 3 days with my typical usage. :eek:

Last edited:
Back