Death Stranding (DC) [PS4, PS5, PC]

Atleast the graphics are nice....Same experience here, was about 4 hours in anyway, most of the big AAA aren't really worth it, and before i (or SB) get jumped, it's a strictly personal experience :)

Well, for me, it was hard to appreciate how good the graphics are because it's so barren and empty. Again, I realize that it serves the story, but I still find this less graphically impressive compared to RDR2. There's so much there that I just think to myself, "How did they accomplish this on current generation consoles? Amazing." Whereas with Death Stranding there's so little on the screen, I'm just thinking, "Well, this is what I expect considering what is being rendered on screen."

But that said, this shouldn't be taken as belittling the game. The graphics are indeed impressive. I just personally don't find it as impressive as other games which have so much more that they have to dedicate rendering resources towards (HZD, RDR2, etc.).

And, IMO, the only truly disappointing thing about the game is the gameplay loop. But even then, I have to admire Kojima for trying something different even if I personally find it utterly dull.

Regards,
SB

This game has some of the most confusing menus and interface design, Japanese devs never make it easy don't they. I gotta say, the gameplay loop is getting boring for me now after 5 hours, it's just not exciting to deliver utterly random shit to utterly random peeps just for Likes. I hope the game picks up fast and wow me some more like the first hour did. If it's not for the novelty of super photorealistic graphics and sci fi settings I would drop this like a stone. The gameplay design is just..not for me.

But by the gods does this look great.
qQuSom2.gif

don't have the game, i might not enjoy much the gameplay, so waiting for a discount, but i saw a lot of the cutscenes, even in youtube quality those look damn impressive, facial expressions( in realtime graphics) have reached a new level with this game.

My 19yo son (who is your typical PC FPS gamer and never plays PS4 games) is addicted as hell, he’s literally played it non stop since Saturday morning to the pint of sneaking downstairs last night when everyone was asleep!

KojiPro is insane.

Every time they add a new traversal system, I HAVE TO STOP EVERYTHING and dedicate myself to it. I've built so many roads in chapter 3, and now I barely use them. :D

Now that weekend is done, I'll have less hours per day for play so I'll focus on some story missions [if I can].

Yeah, I find contributing to the public works incredibly satisfying. I also love the puzzle of how to get to a new destination. And sneaking past BTs is terrifying!

What a wonderful game.
I like traversing super long distances on foot just to soak in the scenery.
The game asked me to backtrack significant distance so I decided to cut through a big snowy mountain to save time. I can't believe I was able to do that.
As long as you have the tools you can traverse anywhere in this game even when there are no obvious paths.

I thought I would like the game less than I do. Thankfully I read spoiler free advice to not pay attention to sidequest early on, that would have definitely burned me out. Graphics are beautiful, but RDR2 definitely has the edge because of how busy and natural everything looks.

I would so play this if it was actually like this instead:

This is only thing about Death Stranding that appeals and it's because it's Rick & Morty. And season four has just begun!!! :runaway:

What a wonderful game.
I like traversing super long distances on foot just to soak in the scenery.
The game asked me to backtrack significant distance so I decided to cut through a big snowy mountain to save time. I can't believe I was able to do that.
As long as you have the tools you can traverse anywhere in this game even when there are no obvious paths.

Yeah this is one area where Death Stranding completely outclasses games like HZD, Uncharted, GOW (2018), Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed, etc.

All of those games suck hard when it comes to climbing. Oooh look for the specially painted (WTF?!?!?!?) or excessively worn areas where you are "allowed" to climb. And uh...please ignore, all of those other areas that look climbable but...uh...God said you can't climb there. Sorry. Oh and those tiny little fences? Sorry you can't climb or jump over those. Etc.

Sorry for the mini-rant, one of my pet-peeves in games. Every time I see a game like Legend of Zelda: BOW, Conan Exiles...and now Death Stranding, I hope that future games will move to more organic and at least somewhat realistic climbing instead of the crap that you have in say HZD or Assassins Creed.

Regards,
SB

Back