Gameplay elements, evolution, and enjoyment not for everyone? [2019+] *spawn*

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
From what I gather from reviews, there are some moral ambiguity in this game, clashed with "gamification" of good/bad morals.

Unfortunately many people can't wrap their heads around moral ambiguity so I think lots of people will miss a lot of intriguing stuff.

They will only get half of the story

Scratch that.

It seems the game really like kojima-game dialed to 11 in the wrong parts.

Convoluted story with tons of exposition dialogues resulting in a boring confusing mess that goes too much on "tell don't show".

The online gameplay is like MGSV x Journey x Nier automata x souls.

The main basic gameplay itself is way too tedious. They even botched the shooting feeling.

---

Because I even got bored to death with RDR2 and considered it as my worst purchase...

Seems this will be my first kojima game that I will buy AFTER some discount or just watch it on YouTube with no commentary

But then... I'm afraid the online play won't be as good...

I'm avoiding spoilers until launch, but the reviews of those I usually agree with are awesome so far. With this sort of game I expected more split extremes.

On one hand it means it's a more accessible game than expected, on the other it means he probably didn't go as far as I would have liked.

George Miller giving it such praises is the icing on the cake.

I'm all set to be disapointed now.

I'm avoiding spoilers until launch, but the reviews of those I usually agree with are awesome so far. With this sort of game I expected more split extremes.

On one hand it means it's a more accessible game than expected, on the other it means he probably didn't go as far as I would have liked.

George Miller giving it such praises is the icing on the cake.

I'm all set to be disapointed now.

Play it on PC MasterRace System to avoid disappointments.

The game will be divisive some will like it a lot, some will hate it, probably low 80 Metacritic.

Art should evolve some kind of response. If something is just alreight it's hard to say that you have succeded. If something is hated there is also the chance that it is very much loved as well by somebody else. You want to elicit those strong responses. The myth of trying to please everybody is the road to mediocrity

Nah I prefer consoles where it just works

origin_big_o_pc_1.jpg

5030933-_71bba5b72af953b1a99af62923cbb8fb.jpg

Can't all consoles play YouTube videos at 60fps/1080p ? ;)

What about Switch though? :p But true anyway, all the Sony aaa have mostly been movies, i had to buy HZD but the rest could be watched instead.
Il have to get DS next week too, it's the decima engine and since i loved HZD's graphics i can't wait to explore the game just for the graphics. Getting it for the PC again perhaps when it's priced lower.

No that haven’t.

They certainly took that cinematic experience to a another level, abit too much imo, in-game cutscenes are many. All the motion blurring only makes it worse. DS does a step up with 1h long ones. I'm seeing too many comments on yt of people wanting away from this kind of gaming. Just playing it for the graphics, i assume there's a way to skip the 1h long cut-scene.

If only those commentators would Stop. Buying. Sony. Interactive. Movies... :rolleyes:
I don't know if PSman1700 meant the comment as a criticism or not, but he's not wrong in that plenty of games are, and I hate the phrase, cinematic enough that they can be quite enjoyable purely from the point of a spectator. Do you remember the Kevin Butler advert on this for Uncharted 2?

Games with fantastic visuals, animation, decent stores, script and voice work can be appreciated in a different way. I've always found it fun to play single-player games with other people, having a wingman/woman call out things you're missing in the heat of the action is great but the whole YouTube game streaming thing is massive, a lot of people are watching of lot of other people just play games.

I mean there is only so much you can get out of watching somebody play, for example, Crash Bandicoot for hours and hours, but something like God of War, Uncharted or Halo. It's telling a story. Like TV and movies, stories engage people then throw in thrills and spills of good gameplay...

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a bullshit comment this, I shouldn't even respond but I'm bored.

Was just agreeing on the fact some games could rather be watched instead, it’s a fact that games have taken on a more movie like experience then before and cutscenes didn’t decrease either.

But even at 4k 60fps there’s a loss of image quality on yt, and i’d rather watch with no commentary.

A title like hzd can be explored too, visiting different areas at different times of the day. Gow/uc i watched.
The marketing for those games is excellent, and sales too.

My comment and the one about yt 60fps on consoles are just personal opinions, just like yours is, only that you didn’t really contribute to the subject by just calling stupid.

My comment and the one about yt 60fps on consoles are just personal opinions, just like yours is, only that you didn’t really contribute to the subject by just calling stupid.

No, you said Sony's games had mostly been movies and that's just wrong. Yes they cinematic but they still games and have very polished gameplay.

How you define gameplay can be different from how others define gameplay, just like what you may like others may hate. Is QTE considered gameplay? Is choosing 1 option out of 4 for dialogue considered gameplay?

Back