What Anime are you watching now?

hahaha turns out signature was hidden on mobile page, opened on a laptop and yeah its there hahaha.

I didn't know about Bayu's Twitter account, but his YouTube channel is lit!

(Beware asking silly geeks serious questions, but don't worry too much because we love you so much. ;) )

EDITED BIT: I can't keep teasing Orangelupabuddy! If you google, "Saat suatu kejadian berhenti diberitakan, masyarakat akan melupakannya." it all gets kind of easy. :p

View attachment 3376

aaaa :runaway::runaway::runaway: i've been doxxed :p:p:p:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

haha thank you digi! so that was you on twitter :yes:

btw that youtube, yikes! it was from 2007! Twelve years! It was before Google bought youtube! ooooold :runaway:

Suddenly I'm wondering... Are there any "normal" anime?

Not that overblown romcom, or super silly daily life.

Something normal like... Closer to reality.

Something Seinen/Josei ?

edit: Okay, well maybe not even seinen given what I accidentally found.

o_O

:mrgreen:

I finally watched Log Horizon season 2 and now I'm sad because it doesn't look likely they will make a third season. Attack on Titan season 3 is next. I have tried and failed to get into Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood twice now, I can't even make it through episode 1.

I just hate the way they have chosen to visualise exaggerated emotion. Is it supposed to be funny? It's not funny :nope:

I finally watched Log Horizon season 2 and now I'm sad because it doesn't look likely they will make a third season. Attack on Titan season 3 is next. I have tried and failed to get into Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood twice now, I can't even make it through episode 1.

I just hate the way they have chosen to visualise exaggerated emotion. Is it supposed to be funny? It's not funny :nope:
Well, I had to stop watching Attack on Titan because the eternal internal monologues in epic moments killed it for me. I really came to hate that.

As for FMA, I watched the two animes and I liked it. Which one are you watching?

Well, I had to stop watching Attack on Titan because the eternal internal monologues in epic moments killed it for me. I really came to hate that.

Is this something new in season 3? I must admit this isn't ringing any bells with me.

As for FMA, I watched the two animes and I liked it. Which one are you watching?

Brotherhood. Episode 1 has the brothers called in to take down a rogue, former-state freezing alchemist.

currently watching psycho pass, sincho yusha, sao, vinland (the last episode dialed the gore to 11 eugh blrgh

yeah, japan (and indonesia low-budget TV series) reeaaaaaaallly like the characters to talk talk and talk by themselves like that.

the "corridor digital" youtube have tons of "anime" that perfectly show that hahaha e.g. this one

or this one

many more on their channel

Nope, I'm talking about the first season. I didn't even get to the end of it.
I guess this didn't bother me, or I didn't notice!

Oh, but have you watched the first anime, first?
I decided for some anime to skip earlier seasons to keep it all manageable. Would watching the earlier series help? It's just this specific thing, the premise is great but I had the same issue, to a lesser degree, with Accel World. Even Log Horizon has absurdly exaggerated visualised emotions.

Would watching the earlier series help?
In this case, it would definitely help. The second half of the first anime has nothing to do with the manga nor with the second anime, because the anime had to keep going even though the manga wasn't finished, BUT there's a lot that is not explained in Brotherhood, which assumes that you have watched the first anime.

I understand that it's annoying to watch two different adaptations, it's kind of stupid, but in this case I don't conceive another way of watching the anime material for FMA. If you haven't advanced way too much, I recommend you watch the first anime first. :mrgreen: Otherwise, and if you're not fancying Brotherhood much, then I guess the best for you is just not watch it at all.

In this case, it would definitely help. The second half of the first anime has nothing to do with the manga nor with the second anime, because the anime had to keep going even though the manga wasn't finished, BUT there's a lot that is not explained in Brotherhood, which assumes that you have watched the first anime.

It's not the story or concept I'm struggling with, it is the over-exaggerated way they express emotions. I know this isn't unusual in anime and most of the time I can get past it but it is so egregious in FMA:B. Literally cannot get through episode 1. It's that bad. For me it's like the monologuing you mentioned in AoT.

It's not the story or concept I'm struggling with, it is the over-exaggerated way they express emotions. I know this isn't unusual in anime and most of the time I can get past it but it is so egregious in FMA:B. Literally cannot get through episode 1. It's that bad. For me it's like the monologuing you mentioned in AoT.
Yes, I understood that you don't have an issue with the story per se, I just wanted to recommend you watch the other anime first, anyway.

I rewatched the first episode you talk about and yes, I can see what you mean, but honestly I don't remember if the rest of the anime is sooo much like that, I only know that, overall, I enjoyed the anime. Many of those exaggerated emotions come from previous jokes that were introduced slowly in the first anime, like Edward getting mad when he's been called a kid, etc.

Back