The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

I thought the movie was one of the best graphic novel adaptations ever made, including the change with the big event by Ozymandius. One of my favorite all-time comic movies.
I've had a lot of very good friends who agree with you and argue me quite passionately about it and I do understand how you could love it, but by the same token some slight problems with the tone/atmosphere/characters just didn't click for me.

Not dissing the movie, just I didn't think it did justice to the graphic novel. Different flavors for different people, it's not like the movie sucked. :p

Just watched the pilot for Watchmen. I'm intrigued (positively) but it was always an easy sell for me. The movie is still one of my favourites.

I just watched the episode Ice, The X-Files. Cool, literally. :D

A little question, just out of curiosity. Don't you find Gillian's accent a bit... weird? Maybe the way she pronounces some consonants, like the "s"? I don't feel it always, just sometimes, and I can't pinpoint which regional accent is it.

I just watched the episode Ice, The X-Files. Cool, literally. :D

A little question, just out of curiosity. Don't you find Gillian's accent a bit... weird? Maybe the way she pronounces some consonants, like the "s"? I don't feel it always, just sometimes, and I can't pinpoint which regional accent is it.

That´s because she lisps. About her accent, she is american, but was raised in UK. Lately she´s been doing some British series, The Fall 3 seasons, and she´ll be in The Crown as Margaret Thatcher hahah

I finished watching the second season of Tremé. The performances are so good...

I enjoy this show my way, while I do other things. It's like the TV is a window to that neighbourhood, its people and stories. The show is very costumbrist, there are no heavy plot lines, so I play the episodes and do other stuff while I hear it in the background and look at the TV for a few seconds in between. It's weird, I know.

I thought the movie was one of the best graphic novel adaptations ever made, including the change with the big event by Ozymandius. One of my favorite all-time comic movies.
I didn't read the novel, but I too loved that movie. I read the TV show is meh though so I won't watch it as I don't want to spoil the memory of the movie.
I just finished watching the boys - fantastic
ps: the tv series was good also ;)
What movie is that ?

Watched the final episode of The Deuce yesterday. I don't think anyone here is watching this? Its a shame because its a great series with a great story and good acting. The ending was sad though that was to be expected and its a fitting end to the show I think.

3 seasons, 10/10.

Watched the final episode of Preacher as well. Just like The Deuce I don't think I've ever seen somebody mention this series which again is a real shame because it is really good. Angels, demons, God, Satan, vampires and Hitler all in one show. You'd think that couldn't possibly work but somehow they made it work really well. Lots of violence but there is a good story behind it as well. The ending was a little bit sad but again it was a fitting end to the show.

4 seasons, 9/10.

Watched the final episode of Preacher as well. Just like The Deuce I don't think I've ever seen somebody mention this series which again is a real shame because it is really good. Angels, demons, God, Satan, vampires and Hitler all in one show. You'd think that couldn't possibly work but somehow they made it work really well. Lots of violence but there is a good story behind it as well. The ending was a little bit sad but again it was a fitting end to the show.

4 seasons, 9/10.

I have season 4 recorded, but haven't had a chance to start it yet, trying to finish off a few other series first. I think Season 3 was a bit of a down swing compared to the previous seasons, so I hope they finish on an upswing.

Last time we talked about it was 2016 with Season 1 ... https://forum.beyond3d.com/search/52016251/?q=Preacher&t=post&o=relevance&c[thread]=57187

I really can't watch most weekly TV shows now, between the commercials and annoying popups along the bottom, then having to wait a week between episodes is just too much to deal with. I have been too spoiled by Netflix and Prime Video. Even the shows on HBO or DC Universe or CBS AllAccess I find that I'd rather wait to have all of them before starting.

Looking back, I have no idea how I ever watched all of Lost when it was 121 episodes over 300+ weeks. Thankfully I'll never have to do anything like that again.

Back