Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MS FS 2020) [PC, XGP-PC]

That's just insane detail, absolutely gorgeous. Night lights in cities are also looking fantastic. I wonder what kind of PC will be needed to drive all that?

It sounds and looks impressive.
I have no idea how demanding it all is CPU wise. Will this be able to scale down to base XO?
If not will this be the first Scarlett exclusive game?

I believe it requires an online connection to play; a great deal with be processed on the server as I understand it.

New video on weather and lighting in the game. Continues to look great.

whoa! how realtime is the realtime weather?

could i see a rainbow in the game and see the same rainbow in real life and vise-versa?

EDIT:
holy molly! i wonder if there's gonna be a built-in tool to make "camera flights". and imports 3D models?

would be a huge boon for students to visualize their works (disaster simulation, architectural works, etc)

Last edited:
New video on weather and lighting in the game. Continues to look great.

Just mind bogglingly amazing. The level of detail they are putting into the various systems is just...whoa.

The clouds are particularly impressive. Similar to how SoT implemented the best ocean water simulation in a game to date, this is going far beyond anything ever done WRT clouds and weather. For flight simulation people, I can only imagine just how eagerly they are looking forward to flying through this.

Regards,
SB

Looks amazing.

Props to them for prioritising PC over console. Nice to see a title which is intent on reaching its full potential then gets dumbed down for console, rather than being artificially constrained by the weaker platform then dumbed up for PC as an afterthought.

It sounds and looks impressive.
I have no idea how demanding it all is CPU wise. Will this be able to scale down to base XO?
If not will this be the first Scarlett exclusive game?
They'll first have to properly scale it down to Scarlett hardware. What they had show was running on high end PC, like most probably some 2080ti and 5ghz-ish CPU.

Back