Surface Neo - Introducing windows 10 X

eastmen

Legend
Supporter
https://www.microsoft.com/surface/devices/surface-neo

Since there doesn't seem to be much talk about the surface event I thought i'd throw this up there too.

This is two 8 inch screens that fold 360 like the surface duo phone. However this runs windows 10 x which is made for dual screens.

The device looks really interesting and could be a great portal be device. The clincher is that magnetic keyboard and how it transforms the second screen from consumption into a capable keyboard / wonderbar / track pad.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...7880DB613D80E8ACBD727880DB613D80&&FORM=VRDGAR

The device looks really interesting and could be a great portal be device.

040_Portal.jpg

Something interesting I just thought of. I'm assuming that Microsoft will continue to use 3:2 aspect ratio screens. This has some interesting connotations for a device like this.
  • Take one 3:2 screen in landscape orientation and divide it in half vertically and you now have 2x 3:2 screens in portrait orientation.
  • Alternatively, take 2x 3:2 screens as in the Surface Neo and when you put them together you basically have a larger 3:2 screen.
Going to be interesting to see how Tremont performs. I just hope they don't saddle this with an eMMC drive. But it's probably too much to hope that it'd come with a NVME drive.

Also, I'm still curious about whether Windows 10 X will allow arbitrary code to be run ala regular Windows or if you'll be limited to Windows Store applications.

Regards,
SB

• Take one 3:2 screen in landscape orientation and divide it in half vertically and you now have 2x 3:2 screens in portrait orientation.
  • Alternatively, take 2x 3:2 screens as in the Surface Neo and when you put them together you basically have a larger 3:2 screen.

I'm sitting here at home full of cold so forgive if my brain isn't working properly.

If you divide a 3:2 screen in half won't you have two screens that are 4:3?

OK, that'll teach me to post when I'm low on sleep and need to get to bed. :p

I already know not to do work in that condition. Now I need to learn not to post when I'm in that condition. :D

Regards,
SB

Also, I'm still curious about whether Windows 10 X will allow arbitrary code to be run ala regular Windows or if you'll be limited to Windows Store applications.
Current understanding is that it can run arbitrary code, it will run it in a container basically.

Something interesting I just thought of. I'm assuming that Microsoft will continue to use 3:2 aspect ratio screens. This has some interesting connotations for a device like this.
Going to be interesting to see how Tremont performs. I just hope they don't saddle this with an eMMC drive. But it's probably too much to hope that it'd come with a NVME drive.

Regards,
SB
Its my understanding and I could be wrong.
1) Tremont will be a quad core gen 11 I series processor and gpu along with a quad core atom with its own low power gpu all on 7nm
2) I think its going to start around the 1k mark. At that price I have a feeling it will have an nvme drive.

Windows 10x as I understand it will give you the option of having it limited to an s mode where it just runs store programs (for companies that want to deploy this) and full 10 mode which will run anything.

I held one of these and the phone recently however they weren't turned on. I was told that was the weight and size of them. So its pretty impressive and I might just give the pro 6 to the wife and move to the neo for video game streaming to it through xcloud and for note taking at work

Back