Oculus Quest | Meta Quest 2

Ok, so I ticked the "Ultra Low Latency" and switched to H264, but I did not notice improvements. I will be happy to hear if anybody tries on a faster router, and/or finds a way to reduce wifi latency significantly. =)

ALVR vs relive vr. Which one is better?

Because I'm confused to buy Nvidia or amd GPU :(

Well, I think that both AMD and Nvidia have great GPUs, but in this case I prefer Nvidia. And I use Virtual Desktop instead of ALVR.

For now I have to reduce rendering resolution to 50% to reach full speed when close to a planet ground. I do have an idea which might allow it to run at 100% native resolution and full speed, though. Will try that when I find time again.

Bloody hell, after a lengthy process to get a 50% discount voucher for a parallel importer that imports Quest....

After that voucher was applied, it only cuts 1 dollars. Ugh.

Then I found a deal. Gtx 1660 ti for around 240 dollars. But when I asked the seller, they says that price was incorrect and they fixed it by making it 340 dollars.

Dang it. Deal hunting is really tiring.

I'll wait a steam sale for iVRy PSVR and use it with my ancient Radeon HD 7770.

yesterday i plopped down almost 1 month of salary to buy a quest. Should come in a week or two. Hopefully it will be all i dreamed (basically a PSVR but with better tracking and simpler)

EDIT: holy mackarel! I forgot to budget for a PCVR with MR. My aging 4 cores haswell i5 won't be strong enough, i think.

uh.. hopefully there will be another discount vouchers in Desember... I found someone selling 8 cores intel xeon with motherboard for 2million IDR, around 200 thousands IDR cheaper than ryzen 7 CPU without motherboard

It should do, the wiki page says it does, but intel's page not mentioning it worries me a bit (would a server cpu need sse 4.2?)
they mention sse support for all other cpu's

ps: the advert for quest says
"Full VR experience without needing a PC"

how is that possible ?

Are these game built in or does the headset have a hdd ?
how do you install the games ?
The rift has a gtx 970 as minimum and that gpu needs a hell of a lot of cooling as would the cpu of a rift compatible p.c
is the quest incredibly under powered ?

there is integrated memory, 64GB or 128GB depending on the model.
There is a proprietary oculus app store where you download games. You can also sideload apps with proper software, unofficial games or apps.
Though being very underpowered compared to PC or even PSVR, games are still quite good looking and immersion works so well because of very precise motion controls and liberty of movement (no wires)
games like Red Matter look actually impressive for the hardware (mobile chip)

Are these game built in or does the headset have a hdd ?
how do you install the games ?
The rift has a gtx 970 as minimum and that gpu needs a hell of a lot of cooling as would the cpu of a rift compatible p.c
is the quest incredibly under powered ?

Its a full fledged wifi-only android tablet/phone stuck to your face

It also can run normal apk Android apps / games. Some will be broken tho.

It should do, the wiki page says it does, but intel's page not mentioning it worries me a bit (would a server cpu need sse 4.2?)
they mention sse support for all other cpu's

ps: the advert for quest says
"Full VR experience without needing a PC"

how is that possible ?

According to this http://valid.x86.fr/dkmc8y it does have sse 4.2.

Now the bad news is the xeon 2650v2 + huananzhi motherboard for 2.2 million IDR from another town was sold out...

Now I must import from China ugh. It will take ages to arrive

Back