Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's also noisier than any of the current gen consoles. I'm not sure either company is willing to go back to higher than PS3/X360 launch noise levels.

Funny you'd say that.
I actually have a PS4 Pro in the living room, and my HTPC sitting right next to it happens to have a RX480 with the reference cooler.
In my perception, my PS4 Pro at its loudest gets significantly louder than my HTPC at its loudest.

Depending on how that spec is benchmarked, nvme drives are already much faster than that. It's easily within the realm of possibility for the next-gen consoles.
If they can crack random access latency, which is the big technical challenge.

That's obviously not a cooling system for a 100W SoC.
This is a cooling system for a 120W SoC
Cheap boxed CPU cooler is rated for 95W, but is it a good idea to install that in a gamer PC, where the CPU runs hot for hours and days?

The reason they've chosen oversized cooling system is you wouldn't really want your console to produce jet turbine noise - and even worse, overheat and crash in hot weather.

With properly optimized demanding games (like God of War) the Pro consumes up to 170W (with Sony actually declaring 165W average for the console)
It sure looks like the GPU in the Pro is consuming close to 100W.
Subtract PSU efficiency, GDDR5 memory, and peripherals, and the entire APU is still around 100W (170*0.8 - 20 - 10 = 106).

So enabling the other half of the GPU with higher clocks puts an extra 65W on the console.
It's for the entire APU, more work on the GPU requires more work from CPU cores, caches, and memory controller.

Get the 3.2GHz 8-core Zen2 in there and you have a 150W SoC, which is really nothing out of the ordinary (that's a RX480). I don't think we'll see SoCs with a TDP lower than 150W for next-gen, and it'll probably be closer to 200W.
Only if they are going with ATX desktop/minitower form factor.

Apparently the next slogan for playstation will be: "Be Amazing, Be Amazed, Be PlayStation."

The one I sent them repeatedly keep getting rejected. "Git Gud, Git Blazed, Git PlayStation"

It was seen on a poster for Concrete Genie.

Be-Amazing-Be-Amazed-Be-PlayStation.jpg

Another thing:

People are expecting the Navi family to go from rdna to rdna 2.0 . But when has AMD ever made a major architectural change to a gpu family? Major architechtural change had to wait for a newer family of gpus. Both Microsoft and Sony have said they're using Navi. We know Navi does NOT have have real hardware RT NOW, so why are you expecting for this to happen? There is, of course, a possibility that genuine hardware RT is a customization (It's doubtful).

Wasn't there rumors of PS5 using Navi 10 Lite? It could be Navi 10, downclocked/downgraded, and added RT logic from rdna2+, although in a lesser from ofcourse.

For all the reasons that I think point to project scarlett not having rt hardware, there on compelling reason in favor: the word "dedicated" in the sentence "Having dedicated ray tracing hardware is huge."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back