Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2017+]

4096x2160 is wider than 16:9 aspect ratio though, around 17:9 I'm fairly sure the panels in these TVs are 16:9, so I don't think your TV has a native 4096x2160 panel, otherwise you should see borders on pixel mapped UHD content. My 4K Samsung TV accepts and even defaulted to 4096x2160 in Windows 10 as well, but with a bit of overscan or scaling.

LG uses the same IPS panel technology [upgraded over the years of course] across their professional line and high-end LCD TV line. Using my RED or Blackmagic camera (something that can drive a 4096x2160 image/video) will sync correctly (i.e., correct picture resolution) with my LG, not my Samsung. As for PC usage/gaming, recommended resolution is the DCI resolution, if I select something lower. On the others like my Sony and Samsung, the recommended resolution is the standard UHD. As stated before, they don't advertise it, because UHD became the established standard for the general consumer market.

Edit: Pictures of DCI vs UHD
59Yi6wg.jpg
MpkRfRy.jpg
vjk7Orj.jpg
KCO0qpE.jpg

Notice the large black bars on the right and the left of the picture labeled 'UHD Camera shot'? That's my LG running in UHD, not the default DCI resolution as seen in 'DCI Camera shot'.

Last edited:
Do you have the "just scan" setting enabled in the TV's settings on those camera shots?
I still believe the black bars come from software scaling and that the TV-panel actually isn't 4096-pixels wide, but I am curious about this anyway. Thanks for the pics.

Do you have the "just scan" setting enabled in the TV's settings on those camera shots?
I still believe the black bars come from software scaling and that the TV-panel actually isn't 4096-pixels wide, but I am curious about this anyway. Thanks for the pics.

No 'just scan functions'. No screen size enhancements, no motion enhancements, other than deep color. Don't get me wrong, the screen will automatically adjust to UHD material when presented (i.e., full screen), the only difference is that DCI related material syncs correctly with this set, the others in the house and my office (other than the 8K Dell) will not sync correctly (i.e., black bars or no picture at all). If it is some funky software in the TV, I'm glad it is there ...sometimes being in the man cave editing/gaming feels so much better. lol

The Division in 2018

The Division (1) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

The Division (2) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

The Division (3) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

The Division (4) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

The Division (5) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

The Division (6) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

The Division (7) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

The Division (8) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

The Division (9) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

The Division 10 by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

These are just fast made gameplay screenshots without any toys like photo mode etc. Where's the downgrade? There is no such thing and the game has ten thousand to a hundred thousand unique by hand created places.

In motion it looks much better because the town it is very dynamic (flashing lights, smoke, moving tarpaulins, etc.).

Last edited:
Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Screenshots were made in gameplay settings (not maxed out) with enabled Temporal Injection at 60fps/UHD. With the exception of LODs the beta is already a huge step over the already impressive Wildlands. Everything looks so sharp. Assets, textures, vfx etc.

image072.jpg

image083.jpg

image091.jpg

image087.jpg

image015.jpg

Last edited:
Nice screenshots Jupiter. Soon I'll be posting lots of shots of RDR2, hopefully it's SLI capable. If not, I'll just dive in and create one. Need that 8K DSR sampling experience...:yep2:

I think it's gonna be difficult with 8k. :D Does RDR2 have an extensive photo mode? That would simplify a lot. In some games you can even set the time of day and the weather.

Before you are getting started in RDR2. Here some interesting topics when taking photos/screenshots.
Golden Hour: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_hour_(photography)
Blue Hour: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_hour
Belt of Venus: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belt_of_Venus
Alpenglow: https://snowslang.com/alpenglow/

I haven't dealt with this before either. However, I knew that photographing in twilight is often the best way for nature photographers.

GE_Breakpoint_007.jpg

GE_Breakpoint_005.jpg

GE_Breakpoint_002.jpg

GE_Breakpoint_004.jpg

GE_Breakpoint_006.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it has a photo-mode. Soon I'll post some shots once I get my Dx12 SLI-profile to corporate better. As it stands, 35-40fps with single card at High/Ultra settings @4K.

It seems that 8k are not feasible so far. Thanks for the pictures. Hopefully there will be more from you as the playing time increases. Don't hurry up and take your time.

It seems that 8k are not feasible so far. Thanks for the pictures. Hopefully there will be more from you as the playing time increases. Don't hurry up and take your time.

I actually have a Vulkan SLI profile running @7K/30fps at High/Ultra settings. However, there is some frame latency problems which I'm working out. But yes, I'm not in any rush on completing it (completed on XB1-X). Right now, I'm just enjoying the scenery.

Back