Would you purchase a portable PS4 / XBox One if it was 100% compatible with the existing library?

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date

Would you purchase a portable PS4 / XBox One if it was 100% compatible with the existing library?

• I don't own either console and I wouldn't be interested. I'm fine with mobile device games.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I own a PS4 /XB1 and I'd pay up to $500 for a portable version that plays my digital library.

• I don't own either but I'd pay up to $500 for a portable version

• I don't own either but I'd pay up to $600 for a portable version

• Total voters
I disagree.
B3D are hardware enthusiasts, not gaming enthusiasts. If you want core gamers you don't want to head out to a forum that caters to people concerned with how many TFLOPs there will be in the next-gens, whether the PS5's SSD will use a standard M.2 NVMe connector with PCIe 4.0 compatibility or it'll be soldered and how high the CPU cores will be clocked at.
You'll find core gamers are at IGN or GameFAQ forums, for example, most of which would run away from most of the discussions held here.

However, the people that are voting in the poll in the console forum are a LOT closer to core console gamers than your average console gamer. So what Shift stated is likely more valid than not when it comes to numbers. Heck, I'd even go so far as to say he's probably being generous with the 30%.

Just looking at the people responding here, I'm likely the only non-core console gamer that's posting a post here and I didn't vote. :)

Regards,
SB

However, the people that are voting in the poll in the console forum are a LOT closer to core console gamers than your average console gamer. So what Shift stated is likely more valid than not when it comes to numbers. Heck, I'd even go so far as to say he's probably being generous with the 30%.

Just looking at the people responding here, I'm likely the only non-core console gamer that's posting a post here and I didn't vote. :)

Regards,
SB

giphy.gif

If they somehow managed to make it $300 I'd bite. I love my Switch. I love portable gaming systems. Owned most of them at some point in fact (the ones which saw western releases that is.) That said, I wouldn't have bought the Switch if all it offered was the possibility of playing ports of games from any given stationary Nintendo console I already owned. Portability was key, but the exclusives were a must for me as well.

If they somehow managed to make it $300 I'd bite. I love my Switch. I love portable gaming systems. Owned most of them at some point in fact (the ones which saw western releases that is.) That said, I wouldn't have bought the Switch if all it offered was the possibility of playing ports of games from any given stationary Nintendo console I already owned. Portability was key, but the exclusives were a must for me as well.

So you didn't own a WiiU then? :p

Yes. And like I said, if all I got was a portable WiiU I wouldn't have paid that kind of money. I already got plenty of stuff that is only available on the Switch, though. I'm just not that keen on replaying my old PS4 games (plus most of my PS4 games are tied to physical media). And a year from now, the hardware's gonna be obsolete as well.

Yes. And like I said, if all I got was a portable WiiU I wouldn't have paid that kind of money. I already got plenty of stuff that is only available on the Switch, though. I'm just not that keen on replaying my old PS4 games (plus most of my PS4 games are tied to physical media). And a year from now, the hardware's gonna be obsolete as well.

What if Sony and 3rd parties keep developing PS4 titles because there's a renewed interest in the platform, and/or they start developing PS4 Go exclusive titles?

If that was the case, then sure, why not. I wouldn't take it on blind faith, though. Especially given Sony's record supporting multiple devices with quality software. I'm honestly bewildered PSVR is still a thing.
Unlike Sony, Nintendo also never really had so-called B-teams that were stuck developing lesser versions of the big boy games for their less successful pieces of hardware.
When the PS5 is out, the talents of the likes of Naughty Dog and Santa Monica will be deployed to work on those platforms, whereas the hypothetical PS4 Go will have to make due with whatever bread crumbs fell from the table. It's probably gonna have half a decade of renamed FIFA games to look forward to though (with the old engine of course)

Back