What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a Witcher 3 code for Switch. Sabre Interactive did a really impressive job here. Looks really great in handheld mode. A little soft, but actually nowhere near as bad as I expected. They certainly managed to preserve the entire look and feel of the Witcher III. Everything's still there, albeit at a lower resolution. It's certainly a much closer match for the big boy versions than the Doom and Wolfenstein ports are. And unlike Panic Button, Sabre didn't have the luxury of a framerate they could cut in half.

Got a Witcher 3 code for Switch. Sabre Interactive did a really impressive job here. Looks really great in handheld mode. A little soft, but actually nowhere near as bad as I expected. They certainly managed to preserve the entire look and feel of the Witcher III. Everything's still there, albeit at a lower resolution. It's certainly a much closer match for the big boy versions than the Doom and Wolfenstein ports are. And unlike Panic Button, Sabre didn't have the luxury of a framerate they could cut in half.

i just finished Somnium Files (it have tiny anoying but for the ending.. )

gonna get Witcher 3 on switch when i;m back into civilization haha. currently still in the middle of nowhere

but if i can't find my PC save (in mydocuments? steam cloud? Gog? can't remember)..... i don't think i'll get witcher 3 on switch. Playing W3 all over again. blehrgh...

Restarted Trails in the Sky SC again. Feels very retro and nice.

Also been playing Unravel 2 with the big kid, pretty good coop game!

just started far Cry 5 on ps4. a bit meh so far, bit i need to give it a good chunk of time to really get into it properly.
Hoping i can finish it off before i jump into some newer games :0

Finished Darksiders 3 and enjoyed it a lot. The loading is the biggest negative so if you have the opportunity play it on PC.
I played it on PlayStation because it's a Plus game.

Still playing destiny 2.

This game is sop boring AND calming.

Just don't touch the PVP. It's either I'm a God of War or I'm the dumbest Guardian ever (the matchmaking is really weird)

Playing destiny 2, again.

Is this what addiction is?

Destiny 2
* boring
* flat
* no surprises

And yet it feels super duper calming.

Feels as calm as laying on a field of grass and staring at the mountain range in the distance.

Edit: a few days ago I go to the pit with a random from the100.io, and they showed frustration, suspense, fun, etc.

Me: silent almost the whole time, except saying "thanks" when revived. When I got the final loot, eh... I felt nothing.

Destiny 2
* boring
* flat
* no surprises

Feels as calm as laying on a field of grass and staring at the mountain range in the distance.

Edit: a few days ago I go to the pit with a random from the100.io, and they showed frustration, suspense, fun, etc.

Me: silent almost the whole time, except saying "thanks" when revived. When I got the final loot, eh... I felt nothing.
Yes.

Destiny 2
* boring
* flat
* no surprises

That sounds more meditative than addictive.

Addiction comes around if something becomes compulsive and something you cannot live without or stop doing...usually at the expense of other far more important things. For example, if you started calling in sick to work because you just HAVE to play the game. Or if you started to cancel engagements with friends and family because you HAVE to play the game.

I completely stopped playing MMORPGs because I realized that it was an addiction. I'd forget to eat. I'd forgo sleep. I'd forget that I was supposed to meet up with friends or family. Often I'd choose the game over important occasions with friends and family. Basically I was causing harm to myself and those that knew me in order to play them.

Not healthy.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Your brain just switches off. I've had the same with Diablo 3 although eventually it became too repetitive and boring. The game provides a focus away form other things. I sometimes find if I'm stuck on a coding problem I'm having trouble processing, a break playing something simple (Awesomenauts at the moment) can loosen the cogs and make the solution appear quite simply upon my return. Although sometimes I find those 'breaks' just become procrastination :(

Just finished Superliminal and really enjoyed it! A small development team and a lot of love went in to that game, and at the end I smiled and enjoyed watching the credits roll.

It honestly reminded me of Portal in a "it's something different, and it's grabbing me without screaming at me" type of thing, I got hooked fast.

Not a long game, but definitely worth a look at. Highly recommended. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back