What Anime are you watching now?

Just want to mention "Kono Yuusha ga Ore TUEEE Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru" a.k.a "Shinchou Yuusha". It's another isekai anime. I would put this in action comedy genre. It also playing into some common anime troupe, especially the isekai ones.

Just want to mention "Kono Yuusha ga Ore TUEEE Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru" a.k.a "Shinchou Yuusha". It's another isekai anime. I would put this in action comedy genre. It also playing into some common anime troupe, especially the isekai ones.
Is it good? Does it bring its own twist like kono Suba?

Is it good? Does it bring its own twist like kono Suba?
It is not the same formula as most isekai or overpowered mc, at least not from the 1st episode. It is better to watch it because I think the 1st episode should be a good enough to know about the tone of the whole anime... or at least I hope the rest of the episodes will be similar to the 1st epsiode.

Description from anilist
The goddess Rista summons a hero to help her hard mode video game-like world. The hero, Seiya, is exceptional in every way, but he is incredibly cautious to the point of buying three sets of armor (one to wear, a spare, and a spare for the spare) and going full power against weak slimes (just in case).
This probably won't win any award, but the 1st episode was fun.

Last edited:
Backstreet Girls Gokudolls. Three yakuzas screw up and their boss, instead of killing them, makes them undergo sex reassignment surgery in Thailand to convert them in idols and make a lot of money out of them. Absurd, yeah. It doesn't reach the level of hilarious absurdity I found in other animes, but it's quite entertaining.

It is not the same formula as most isekai or overpowered mc, at least not from the 1st episode. It is better to watch it because I think the 1st episode should be a good enough to know about the tone of the whole anime... or at least I hope the rest of the episodes will be similar to the 1st epsiode.

Description from anilist
The goddess Rista summons a hero to help her hard mode video game-like world. The hero, Seiya, is exceptional in every way, but he is incredibly cautious to the point of buying three sets of armor (one to wear, a spare, and a spare for the spare) and going full power against weak slimes (just in case).
This probably won't win any award, but the 1st episode was fun.

That goddess is basically Aqua (sounds similar too hahaha) but goes over the top as if it was from studio TRIGGER.

Hahaha.

Thank you for making me notice this show

Backstreet Girls Gokudolls. Three yakuzas screw up and their boss, instead of killing them, makes them undergo sex reassignment surgery in Thailand to convert them in idols and make a lot of money out of them. Absurd, yeah. It doesn't reach the level of hilarious absurdity I found in other animes, but it's quite entertaining.
Wow, I didn't expect liking this show that much. o_O You know, it's not stellar, but I actually feel I want to watch the next episode, instead of the typical indifference I've been feeling lately with animes and games.
It's vulgar (uncomfortably vulgar to me, sometimes :oops:) and absurd... and twisted. Heck, it's so weird.

I absolutely love John Mulvany and have been meaning to check that show out, but the screencaps of the animation annoys me...sell me on it please!

Speaking of Vulgar, if you're watching on Netflix, give "Big Mouth" a watch. Not really anime, but animated and hilarious.
Ok, you were right! I just watched the first episode of Big Mouth and yes, it's quite vulgar. I went "ew" in the opening. A couple of OMGs were thrown as well (the basket game and the "let's swim to that giant, brown rock" moment).

Funny. :LOL:

Honzuki no Gekokujou seem nice after couple of episodes.
Traditional 'suddenly in other world' trope, but main character is book loving girl which is determined to continue her reading hobby/obsession in world where books are rare and expensive.

I don't understand why so many people recommend FLCL when you're asking for a good comedy anime. I watched the first episode and I didn't laugh a single time. Not funny at all. I'll watch the second episode and if it's the same stuff, I'll quit.

I still have to find another anime as comical as Bobobo.

I don't understand why so many people recommend FLCL when you're asking for a good comedy anime. I watched the first episode and I didn't laugh a single time. Not funny at all. I'll watch the second episode and if it's the same stuff, I'll quit.

I still have to find another anime as comical as Bobobo.

How about nichijou? The one that have a little girl as a professor, a taking cat..

I wouldn't say it was funny. It's a very sad story with a weird and somewhat unique wrapping around it. At least the original series. I still haven't gotten the time to watch the 2nd and 3rd series that they made.

The original series remains one of my top 10 anime.

Regards,
SB

Back