Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably too late for that, as i assume hardware is already finalized.
I see a coincidence in time of the presumed finalizing (1+1/2 year before) and firing... maybe just a coincidence.....

Maybe the guy put something on paste-bin... they discover him and fire him :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a strange idea.
If intersection is handled within TMU, can it easily handle things like alpha textures in one/same pass as intersection? (give answer if intersection was in opaque part of triangle or not.)

I see a coincidence in time of the presumed finalizing (1+1/2 year before) and firing... maybe just a coincidence.....
Layden was head of the game development studios. I doubt he has much contribution to the next-gen hardware design, and certainly his personal involvement won't be critical this close to release when the hardware needs be finalised.

New theory about Shawn Layden: he could be a double agent like the very successful Agent Phil Harrison before him. His mission, quit Sony, get hired by Microsoft and feed false information to Spencer about PS5 hardware, software and strategy.

So maybe fehu has been trolling us all along by exercising this 7 TF social experiment to see the hysteria that has been caused :). I am 99% certain the final TF count will be much higher.

So maybe fehu has been trolling us all along by exercising this 7 TF social experiment to see the hysteria that has been caused :). I am 99% certain the final TF count will be much higher.
I don't hold much faith in any leak.
Just find them interesting to discuss the merits, con's, and why it could be that way.

Until we get proper leaks I find it funny how much people are emotionally affected either way by them.

Just find them interesting to discuss the merits, con's, and why it could be that way.

Until we get proper leaks I find it funny how much people are emotionally affected either way by them.
To me it's not that hard to imagine how people could be so riled up by them due to how significant their potential could be. After all it's a long term investment and people want the experience to be long lasting, impactful and potentially have the best multiplatform experience too among a slew of other things. So this precursor to what's to come bears strong sensitivity to them no matter how reliable they may be, I mean people rather cling on even 2% of hope than roll along with 98% of despair.

Well, a Radeon 5700XT is 9.5 Tflops and can draw up to 240 Watts or so. That pretty much gives you some estimation of where the new consoles will land, unless they break the mold and ramp up power consumption. The One X and PS4 Pro both draw something like 160-180W of total system power. Also consider that total system power from PS360 to X1/PS4 actually dropped until the PS4 Pro and One X came out. The One X draws the same amount of power as the 360S, roughly. I don't know how you get a 5700XT type of performance down to fit into that power profile, even with the EUV process. 7nm+ is supposed to be a 15% power improvement.

Last edited:
To me it's not that hard to imagine how people could be so riled up by them due to how significant their potential could be. After all it's a long term investment and people want the experience to be long lasting, impactful and potentially have the best multiplatform experience too among a slew of other things. So this precursor to what's to come bears strong sensitivity to them no matter how reliable they may be, I mean people rather cling on even 2% of hope than roll along with 98% of despair.
Could potentially understand that if they was double confirmed leaks.
It must be a real roller coster for people who hang on to every leak. Swear I'd have a heart attack if I did that.
Maybe every leak should mention secret sauce, that way won't get hung up on TF.

Well, a Radeon 5700XT is 9.5 Tflops and can draw up to 240 Watts or so. That pretty much gives you some estimation of where the new consoles will land, unless they break the mold and ramp up power consumption. The One X and PS4 Pro both draw something like 160-180W of total system power.
I take things like that on board, then file them under reasonable constraints.
But I still refuse to believe any leaks no matter how reasonable they are. There just that, what I consider reasonable. Far from how it may end up.

Last edited:
Well, a Radeon 5700XT is 9.5 Tflops and can draw up to 240 Watts or so. That pretty much gives you some estimation of where the new consoles will land, unless they break the mold and ramp up power consumption. The One X and PS4 Pro both draw something like 160-180W of total system power. Also consider that total system power from PS360 to X1/PS4 actually dropped until the PS4 Pro and One X came out. The One X draws the same amount of power as the 360S, roughly. I don't know how you get a 5700XT type of performance down to fit into that power profile, even with the EUV process. 7nm+ is supposed to be a 15% power improvement.
Pro -> up to 175W
XBX -> up to 200W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back