Next Generation Hardware Speculation with a Technical Spin [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@anexanhume posted this;

hmm. that's is curious AF. So their solution is AMD then. We can rule out another vendor.
But I would find it very curious that AMD would allow MS to just bob ahead and say hey we got hardware RT at E3 but Sony wasn't allowed to say so until months after MS. Unless of course there are marketing provisions in place or if MS is not using AMD's solution.
This is curious indeed. That should not have being the case if both had the same solution from AMD:
MS: "real-time hardware-accelerated ray tracing"
Sony: "There is ray-tracing acceleration in the GPU hardware"

Where is located the RT stuff in Scarlett ? o_O :mrgreen:

@anexanhume posted this;

hmm. that's is curious AF. So their solution is AMD then. We can rule out another vendor.
But I would find it very curious that AMD would allow MS to just bob ahead and say hey we got hardware RT at E3 but Sony wasn't allowed to say so until months after MS. Unless of course there are marketing provisions in place or if MS is not using AMD's solution.

Who is this guy though. Just seems like conjecture on his part.

Such a strange strategy, giving us few tidbits at random Wired interviews! :D

Force feedback triggers (probably like XBone's gamepad), or perhaps something beyond that because of the coil actuators mentioned.
Xbox One gamepad uses vibration on its triggers.

DS5 will have force feedback [actual force pushing] triggers AND thumbsticks. Thumbstick support is what is getting me excited. That's a whole new way of giving users feedback about the gameworld, and a whole new way of controlling in-game characters/events.

The inclusion of a disc drive is nice atleast, some feared there would be none
One quarter ago at their investor meeting, Sony showed videos of Spidey loading quickly on nextgen devkit, and they clearly outlined basic strategy for PS5:
screen-shot-2019-05-21-at-9-00-43-am.png

Disc support was always there. They never had intention of not supporting it.

@anexanhume posted this;

Maybe. But I wouldn't rule out another 3rd party vendor or in-house tech quite yet. This guy seems like some random tech-blogger at the moment.

Ok, now I can talk.

One of the two console will be composed by:
- single soc: on basic 7nm process at TSMC, not 7nm+ or 6nm
- cpu: 8 Zen2 core @2.2GH with SMT enabled, they will call them "custom", but it will just normal plumbing work to adapt the cache to the soc
- gpu: based on navi, hybrid between rdna and rdna2, @ about 7TF, frequency not finalized, hardware RT (no info if proprietary or amd's technology)
- memory: 24GB GDDR6 on a 384bit bus, bw not finalized, but expected at around 800GB/s
- ssd: 2TB soldered
- usb: 3.2 Gen. 2, type C, 1.5A
- size: comparable to actual xbox one x
- new very low power mode with less than 2 seconds from power button push to dashboard
- controller: current gen's evolutionary iteration, rechargeable with off the shelf cables

This doesn't line up with the info i have for either next gen consoles.

PS5 has 3.2ghz CPU. GPU is 1.8ghz 40CUs. 2.0ghz devkit.
Scarlet has a 320-bit bus 16GB of GDDR6, 560GB/s bandwidth.

I remember KZ Shadowfall allowing players to choose either to download SP first or MP first since day one .
And their demo of the mp game where a player coyls instantly jump into a game and join someone.

They even hinted it in that commercial.
PZfzmDQ.png

TLOU. Remastered does the same

And early PS4 UI demo with instant joining a mp game without loading the game.

If true, this is Xbox...I put money on it.

Such low expectations for the PS5?`7TF minimum i think.

These aren't Nintendo consoles.

The 2013 consoles were.... kind off.

a ~7TF GPU plus parallel RT capability over a ~10 TF GPU

But we want 14TF with full RT and atleast 12GB just VRAM.... and 16 cores atleast 4ghz.

Given then power consumption numbers of the Navi boards, this spec isn't that unrealistic.

Realistic is never fun, we keep dreamin' till specs land, officially :)

If PS5 Pro is a faster console with 11~12TF GPU then the above specs become very interesting.

In that case, a botched base model to sell a Pro model. I don't think a Pro at launch is going to happen, hope not atleast.

Such a strange strategy, giving us few tidbits at random Wired interviews! :D

Xbox One gamepad uses vibration on its triggers.

DS5 will have force feedback [actual force pushing] triggers AND thumbsticks. Thumbstick support is what is getting me excited. That's a whole new way of giving users feedback about the gameworld, and a whole new way of controlling in-game characters/events.

One quarter ago at their investor meeting, Sony showed videos of Spidey loading quickly on nextgen devkit, and they clearly outlined basic strategy for PS5:

Disc support was always there. They never had intention of not supporting it.
No force feedback on the sticks. Only on the triggers.

Ok, now I can talk.

- cpu: 8 Zen2 core @2.2GH with SMT enabled, they will call them "custom", but it will just normal plumbing work to adapt the cache to the soc
- gpu: based on navi, hybrid between rdna and rdna2, @ about 7TF, frequency not finalized, hardware RT (no info if proprietary or amd's technology)
- memory: 24GB GDDR6 on a 384bit bus, bw not finalized, but expected at around 800GB/s
- new very low power mode with less than 2 seconds from power button push to dashboard
- controller: current gen's evolutionary iteration, rechargeable with off the shelf cables

Another source has said at least one of the consoles is >10TF, and multiple sources have said they’re extremely close in power.

On top of that, your CPU clocks don’t make any sense. They’re so low that you’re not getting any power savings back at that point. I’ll dig up a Zen 2 power/freq chart later.

Maybe. But I wouldn't rule out another 3rd party vendor or in-house tech quite yet. This guy seems like some random tech-blogger at the moment.

Not a random tech blogger. He regularly has inside info.

hmm?
controller: current gen's evolutionary iteration, rechargeable with off the shelf cables

I wouldn't see how this would be an evolution of xbox's controllers since they haven't gone with rechargables.

XBOX Elite 2 has built in rechargeable.

Ok, now I can talk.

And what is the special sauce?. Tell us something new.CPU at 2,2Ghz is laughable...

Ok, now I can talk.

384bit gddr6 800GB/s my ass ;) Do some homework before trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back