Would you purchase a portable PS4 / XBox One if it was 100% compatible with the existing library?

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date

Would you purchase a portable PS4 / XBox One if it was 100% compatible with the existing library?

• I don't own either console and I wouldn't be interested. I'm fine with mobile device games.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I own a PS4 /XB1 and I'd pay up to $500 for a portable version that plays my digital library.

• I don't own either but I'd pay up to $500 for a portable version

• I don't own either but I'd pay up to $600 for a portable version

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 13524

Here it is. The ultimate thread of people who want a portable gen 9 console, like me.

Right now my answer would be no as I already own a switch and really don't have the time to play on another device.

Assuming a didn't have a switch, I'd say yes but not at $400 or more. $300 would be a more interesting price point and only if I didn't already own a PS4/One.

As the option of less than $400 is not available I did not vote.

NSW only plays smartphone casual games? Eh? It's not like smartphone casual games are the only alternative for mobile gaming.

Regards,
SB

I've edited option 2 as 'smartphone casual games' was biased. Tablets are also an alternative option and not all games played on these devices are 'casual'. There are a fair few PC ports and more to come, while controller adoption seems to be increasing. Hence I've implemented an unbiased option for people who are happy to game on mobile devices, irrespective of the type of device or type of games played.

I've also added an option as I realised I have a Vita I barely used, but I don't really use mobile devices either so that wouldn't be representative. And there may be a proportion of console gamers who also keep their hobby to the TV and don't care for portable gaming who'll need this option for representation, just as there's one for non-console owners who'd be interested in a portable.

I've edited option 2 as 'smartphone casual games' was biased. Tablets are also an alternative option and not all games played on these devices are 'casual'.

Can you please change it to "I'm fine with current mobile device games" then? Otherwise it would include future devices.
I can't change the options...

I'm not fine with mobile device games though. I don't get unreasonably upset that they exist, bit they're generally not for my gaming tastes. ;-)
Then you can choose... any of the other options..?

Was there a question here..?

If it had a TV-out providing Switch-like functionality I would be interested. Handheld only would not appeal to me. The price points are off the mark imo. $300-349 tops, especially after PS5 hits the market. You can't have a PS5 at $499 and a PS4 handheld costing the same or more and expect it to gain any traction.

Then you can choose... any of the other options..?

It was in context of my other post, where you were suggesting the first two options. I'd want the option for "buy controller attachment and stream console content to my existing phone/tablet".

Although tbh, not sure I'd really do this. I don't with Steam. :D

Can you please change it to "I'm fine with current mobile device games" then? Otherwise it would include future devices.
Is that a problem? I suppose this option is basically 'whatever mobile has will suit me' which will include current and future games and devices.

Or putting it another way, what is the need for the distinction for 'current'?

I voted for 'I own a PS4 /XB1 and I wouldn't be interested. I'm fine with mobile device games.'. Not because I don't want to play games on the go but because I think that games with UI designed for TVs will make a bad experience on a tiny screen that the developer did not have in mind.

I still run across Switch games where the UI is absurdly tiny on portable mode.

I would be interested in a portable device that played PS5/Xbox4 games if developers actually consider a smaller screen when building their future games.

Is that a problem? I suppose this option is basically 'whatever mobile has will suit me' which will include current and future games and devices.

Or putting it another way, what is the need for the distinction for 'current'?
Perchance we need a poll to decide. :V

Would that include the Streaming services Sony and Microsoft has and has planned?

Potentially. It's a response that 'I don't care for a portable because these other devices satisfy me.' However, they're unproven yet, so someone may think they'll be happy with a streaming service and then find it's not what they hoped for and wish they had a portable. I think we can only really answer with what we have now...or add another option! ;)

Potentially. It's a response that 'I don't care for a portable because these other devices satisfy me.' However, they're unproven yet, so someone may think they'll be happy with a streaming service and then find it's not what they hoped for and wish they had a portable. I think we can only really answer with what we have now...or add another option! ;)

Add "add another option" on the vote

Back