What Anime are you watching now?

Don't fret it Orangebuddy, not everyone likes the same things and that's cool.

One question, is this your first anime in the Index/Railgun/Acelerator/Academy City world? Because it's about the 7th one in the series and by now you'd be all comfy with the weird cast and understand why the swat team did what they did. (They're "anti-skills", not swat. :p )

I can see it being too weird to just jump in to, I'd try "A Certain Magical Index" first as that is the first one and sort of explains everything. :)

Don't fret it Orangebuddy, not everyone likes the same things and that's cool.

One question, is this your first anime in the Index/Railgun/Acelerator/Academy City world? Because it's about the 7th one in the series and by now you'd be all comfy with the weird cast and understand why the swat team did what they did. (They're "anti-skills", not swat. :p )

I can see it being too weird to just jump in to, I'd try "A Certain Magical Index" first as that is the first one and sort of explains everything. :)

Thank you digi :D

I watched index years ago. I still can hear index's voice and remember her blob face every time I say "Toma" in my head hahahah

I don't think I ever finished watching it tho.

I watched index years ago. I still can hear index's voice and remember her blob face every time I say "Toma" in my head hahahah

I don't think I ever finished watching it tho.

LOL! Yeah, I could see that. I keep hearing Toma say, "F'koda.", or however it's spelled. It translates to "Such misfortune." and he's always muttering it because of how his hand "undoes God's blessing" as Index puts it which causes him to have terrible luck.

It's worth trying again, I still enjoy rewatching them all..but your mileage may vary.

What's up with Psycho-Pass? I watched the original, then they made a remake which was virtually identical, and I'm all a bit confused.

I really liked it and the questions/moral dilemmas it raised as well as its characters, but did it ever go past the original series ending?

Isn't Alicization:Underground next season? At least I have that to look forward to, Kirito all catatonic and rolling around clutching two swords and us all just waiting for the moment he turns into the two-bladed god to save the day by sheer force of his will. :)

yeah, looking forward to a new SAO episodes. Sure it will probably as ridiculus as usual where Kirito have the thickest plot armor ever and have all the plot devices ever needed at the right time. But SAO keeps getting better and better doing all those "tropes".

hopefully the animation got an upgrade (let the workers have some rest? pace them with good schedule?). The last few episodes of Alicization the animation became wonky hahaha (repeated frames, not enough frames, more and more stills, wonky faces, etc)

Thanks. I didn't want to have to watch a full season, but I can handle a movie. :)

I liked the first season, the damned show had some serious potential! Bummer to hear it crashed and burned. It happens to too many good animes, or else they just never make another season of it. :(

One of the better ones. Straight cut and straight to the point. No super sayan type stuff. Characters don't work towards getting stronger etc. 1 large mystery with interweaving storylines.
Honestly, brilliant manga, and imo the remake with brotherhood brilliant anime.

Lots of anime I can't finish because they walk down the path of DragonBall (looking at Bleach and so many others) it gets tiring. Naruto is also like this, but for some reason it's more bearable to watch.

I always feel the need to comment that one should also watch roughly the first half of the first Full Metal Alchemist series because Brotherhood doesn't cover that content which is from the manga. It basically fasts forwards to where the First series split with the manga because the manga had only gotten to that point at the time. With really short summaries at the start to cover all the stuff that gets skipped.

There's a lot of interesting content there that puts some of the stuff that happens in Brotherhood into context. Brotherhood tries to cover some of that with short summaries and flashbacks, but it doesn't feel complete, IMO.

Regards,
SB

I always feel the need to comment that one should also watch roughly the first half of the first Full Metal Alchemist series because Brotherhood doesn't cover that content which is from the manga. It basically fasts forwards to where the First series split with the manga because the manga had only gotten to that point at the time. With really short summaries at the start to cover all the stuff that gets skipped.

There's a lot of interesting content there that puts some of the stuff that happens in Brotherhood into context. Brotherhood tries to cover some of that with short summaries and flashbacks, but it doesn't feel complete, IMO.

Regards,
SB
Correct. FMA first 1/2 before it goes its own way combined with FMA. Is great!

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii. Meh... half-funny. Nike, a carefree young girl, is a princess in the country of the rain and has to marry the king of the sun (a prepubescent sombre boy who conquered other lands at a very young age), so she goes to his country.

The setting and some aspects of the plot are interesting, but the characters are very shallow. Typical grumpy character (the kid) that needs a very sweet character (the girl) to soften his heart and feel love with a lot of "ganbatte" on the girl's side (Nike also has to fight for the love of other people in that country, who see her as an underclass foreigner). AND the fact that the main character has a semi-romantic relationship with an underage boy is just creepy. Honestly, I don't know why I keep watching... Maybe it's just because I don't like unfinished businesses.

Last edited:
Sword Art Online Alicization 24.5 just came out!!!! :D

I also grabbed Blackfox just because it looked interesting and it's only 90 minutes.

Thought the Blackfox movie was pretty good. The ending might indicate another movie or upcoming series ...
Also watching Choujin since it seems to be promising so far.

I wish there was a second season for Made in Abyss. :( I don't seem to be hooked by any anime anymore (I think the last one was Fate, IIRC).

The one with dumb horny demon girl and flat faced magical girl was pretty funny hahaha. The formula reminds me of ancient anime

Sword Art Online Alicization 24.5 just came out!!!! :D

I also grabbed Blackfox just because it looked interesting and it's only 90 minutes.

24.5? Recap?

Or is it some lame Valentine's Day episode?

It's a bit of a recap, a bit of what was happening in the real world just before the end of the last series, and a bit of awesomeness that I REALLY needed right then. :)

Mostly recap, but still gots me excited. Definitely some new footage and a bit about what's happening on the Turtle, but mainly getting set up for next season.

Back